Favorite Companion book?

SarahRose

I love the Llewellyn companion!

morticia monroe

Although rather small and akward to handle, I found the Golden Tarot's companion book to be wonderful and interesting.

Annabelle

I agree with HearthCricket - the companion books with the Russian St. Petersburg and the Ship of Fools are both outstanding.

HearthCricket

Annabelle said:
I agree with HearthCricket - the companion books with the Russian St. Petersburg and the Ship of Fools are both outstanding.

Yeah, that is because we are both English majors. LOL :D

coyoteblack

HearthCricket said:
Yeah, that is because we are both English majors. LOL :D

Ohhh god then my Pm's with ou back and forth must have driving you insane!!

TomTom

I like all the books from baba for their decks

celticnoodle

I love my Legened The Arthurian Tarot set. The book that came with the cards is like reading the book on Arthur. The only thing that could make this book better would be to have the pictures of each card in color instead of black and white. However, it is still a great book and I love it.

The other book that I use almost extensively is a book that doesn't come with any deck, but was written using the Rider Waite deck and is also done in black & white. This book , titled "It's All in the Cards" by John Mangiapane is super! I absolutely love it and refer to it as my "Tarot Bible". It's not an expensive book, costing only $9.95 at Barnes & Noble. I've used this book so often that the pages are beginning to fall apart, and I have to go purchase some page protectors that I plan to put them into, and then into a binder. Yes, I could purchase a new one, but I've made notes also on each page, so this is one book I won't throw out and purchase a new copy of.

Parzival

Favorite Companion Book?

So many fine guidebooks, difficult to narrow to one, so either Buddha Tarot for a wide and deep range of content or Tarot of the Spirit for amazing poetry with kabbalistic wisdom or The Arthurian Tarot Course (obtained in a used books store) for details in many ways about the cards. It seems to me that decks and books are like wine and bread, to conjure a metaphor.

jackdaw*

1. The Minchiate Tarot
2. Tarot of Prague
3. Ship of Fools
4. Victoria Regina
5. Renaissance

... hmm ... three of my top 5 are by Brian Williams. Coincidence?

Bat Chicken

I think I must get to reading the Minchiate book.... I have been so unproductive today...

I feel the same way about Rachel Pollack's books.