relation with my runes

Kaz

hi folks :)
umbrae made me a beautiful set of black onyx runes, which i love very much.
i have been carrying them around ever since i got them, in the bag i always take to work, so they stay with me most of the time.
they work great, they really do, i mainly use them for me, though i dont read much for myself, not with tarot and not with runes.
i did use them once for all is one to do a reading about the development of her "bussiness" , that was dead on accurate.
so these runes work great, in a way i love them more then tarotcards *ducking here, coz its a tarotforum*, becoz they are very straight and direct, brutall honest i'd say, they are very very different from cards.

kaz

Rhiannon

I also have a lovely set of runes. While I'll admit (I apologize) that I did sort of ignore the meanings for a while, I've always enjoyed having them near me. I like touching them for some reason!

Now I use them sort of as a "daily draw". I think I had a block in my mind, because they don't have pictures like a tarot card, I though they would be harder to learn. Now I'm experimenting with them and getting to know them, and I'm enjoying them very much. I'm going to start incorporating them with my tarot readings soon. Perhaps I will draw a rune to see what flavour the tarot throw will have, sounds like a good combination to me.

But right now, I still enjoy holding them, and hearing them "rattle" in my pocket. And I'm learning.... today I pulled Raidho, merkstave. I suppose I am a bit stuck. Time to turn that right side up and get back into action, I have alot to do!

R :)

DarkElectric

I love my runes.
It took a while to learn to work with them. When I first got my set, something told me I wasn't ready to do that yet. So, I carried them around with me, took each one out of the pouch, tried to bond with each individual one, and set up a vibe with it. The most awesome moment came, when, after a few weeks doing this, I just dumped the whole set out, scooped them up with both hands, and vibed with them. I felt the energy build, and they all began to hum with energy. Then, I learned how to use them in spellwork. Through this study group, I'm learning more about the underlying power of the runes, and how versatile they are.

Rhiannon

Suggestion

Ok, for all the other newbies out there: I have been pulling one rune a day. I started at the end of October, and have been writing them down in my journal. I was thinking that at the end of Nov. I would post any results that I felt were relevant... repeats, etc. Would anyone else care to do this? Sort of like when we used to post our monthly results with the tarot cards?

R :)

Umbrae

go for it...with a summation of course.

Kaz

i am not disciplined enought o do any daily draws of whatever. lol, i am sorry, but i can't do that......

kaz