The chariot and relationships

~Amber~

What does the chariot reversed mean when asking about a potential relationship? I even did a past present future and it popped up in the future reversed. It is the 4th time I have gotten it. It's not good is it?

Alta

Well, I would certainly approach things cautiously. Sort of like a car accident, in a symbolic sense. Either that or that things could get out of control.

Either interpretation suggests caution and watchfulness are needed.

~Amber~

I have been trying to get a clearer message for a couple of days now. When I was shuffling the deck for the spread, I was thinking about him and the Devil reversed fell out. Grrr...Is this to say that maybe he isnt such a nice guy after all? It's so confusing.

balenciaga

Devil Rx or Chariot Rx can both be seen as someone who has had a rough go of it, even emotionally unstable or very bad/short tempered. Has trouble controlling their anger or impulses. A person who will need to be handled with kid gloves. Maybe not worth the work!:)

~Amber~

Egads.......is that the exception or the rule? I really want to like this person.

balenciaga

~Amber~ said:
Egads.......is that the exception or the rule? I really want to like this person.

I would never state it as a rule! :) Only you know for sure, but I think you will need a lot of patience and tolerance and a very soft pair of kid gloves. And maybe a pointy pair of boots to kick with if need be!:)

willowfox

It could mean that your plans for the relationship fall through or fail, something disruptive or some conflict could occur leading to failure, or that you are just being impulsive so again no relationship. It indicates a failure to get anywhere.

Thirteen

~Amber~ said:
He may not be bad tempered. A reversed Devil can mean someone who lacks all those positives the Devil has: ambition, power, charisma. Likewise, a reversed Chariot isn't going anywhere. The charioteer is not in control and lacks focus, drive, a goal.

You may like this person just fine, but don't expect them to lead the way, sweep you off your feet, know where they're going, what they want, or be in control. If that's fine by you, if YOU have ambitions, focus, direction for the relationship, then maybe the two of you will get along swimmingly. If you don't, then you can still like this person...but don't expect the relationship to go anywhere.

~Amber~

He is in a wheelchair because of an accident a few years ago. Could this card have something to do with that? I dont think he has lack of ambition. I get the impression when I talk with him that if he wants something he goes after it.

balenciaga

~Amber~ said:
He is in a wheelchair because of an accident a few years ago. Could this card have something to do with that? I dont think he has lack of ambition. I get the impression when I talk with him that if he wants something he goes after it.

Could explain his feelings of frustration. Understandable here.