~Solar Cross Spread~

Indigo Rose

This morning I felt movtivated to make a spread using the Leo Sun as a catalyst. I named it the Solar Cross in honor of all that Firey Leo energy we are currently under. Here is the layout:

~Solar Cross Spread~​
5-QC​
***************​
2******1*******3​
***************​
4-SC​

1)S-Significator: This is me now….can be chosen or randomly drawn.
2)P-Past: This pulls me backwards.
3)F-Future: This draws me forward.
4)SC-Shadow card-pulled from the bottom of the deck: This pulls me down.
5)QC-Quintessential=The Lesson: This is what I am to learn from it all...my past, my present, my shadow, and even from the future.(cards 1-4 added together and reduced to a corresponding major).* see formula below*

*My formula for figuring up the QC: *
Courts=0
0 or 22=The Fool
1-21=Corresponding major
23 +=reduce(i.e. 2+3=5…the Hierophant and so on.)

I gave it a try for myself and posted my results here:

Solar Cross Reading

:heart: IR

yaraluna

so you add up the numbers of the cards 1 to 4 in order to find the Quint card??

yara

Indigo Rose

yaraluna said:
so you add up the numbers of the cards 1 to 4 in order to find the Quint card??

yara

Yes, that is how I do it. For example, my sample reading went as follows....

1) Strength(8)
2)9 of Pentacles
3)Ace of Swords
4)Death(13)

8+9+1+13=31
31 reduces to 4(3+1=4) So my QC was the Emperor 4.

You can reduce as you go too and this will change the QC sometimes.
For example:

Let's say you got high numbers...(an example below)

1)The World 21
2)10 of Pentacles
3)The Star 17
4)the Moon 18

21+10+17+18=66....6+6=12 the Hanged Man

or you can do it this way.....

21+10=31....reduced=4....then continue adding...4+17=21....reduced=3....then continue adding....3+18=21 The World

See how changing the way you add changes the QC? Numerologically they are the same number....12=1+2=3.....and 21=2+1=3.....however the cards themselves are in different elements and tell different stories. For me I prefer reducing as I go. Usually I will add the numbers until I get to 22, then begin reducing. So in the my first sample reading above, cards 1 and 2 only added up to 17...which meant I kept adding. Then the Ace only brought it up to 18....so the last card 13 added to 18 made the total 31 or reduced to 4 the Emperor. However, notice in the second example the first two cards added up to 31...for me that meant it was time to reduce it, and then proceed. It is a personal choice how you add them together. I guess the best policy is just to decide ahead of time which method you will use for the reading. That way when it comes down to choosing your QC, you have a predetermined method; giving you a solid direction on the QC. Does that make sense?

:heart:

deva

I've got to say I'm really liking this spread! :D I've been playing around with it and it seems to lend itself to giving as complex or as simple a reading as you wish, so ideal for quick readings where you'd normally stick with 3 card spreads, but you can also get more out of it if you have more time. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Indigo Rose

deva said:
I've got to say I'm really liking this spread! :D I've been playing around with it and it seems to lend itself to giving as complex or as simple a reading as you wish, so ideal for quick readings where you'd normally stick with 3 card spreads, but you can also get more out of it if you have more time. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

You are welcome. :)
I'm finding the need to be flexible in the positional meanings, as I use the spread. For example, the shadow or base isn't always "pulling you down", but may be something which is grounding you or the supportive quality to the issue. Working with this spread has emphasized to me the need to remain flexible and go with the story in the cards. This is the key in all readings, I feel, to determine how to apply the positional meanings.

Thanks for giving it a try. I'm glad you like it.

:heart: IR