Noblet - Atouts: Le Pendu

prudence

Okay, I am making my own Noblet thread here....not sure if this is the right way to go about making it, but...

I did a reading today, with the Noblet. Le Pendu showed up as the central card in a 3 card draw.

And I noticed for the first time, his exposed phallus. Sticking up between his legs, defying gravity and all notions of what is right.:D

It is not the empty space between his legs, as it is clearly flesh colored. So, I am left to wonder why is it upright. Why, if Le Pendu is hanging upside down, is his phallus sticking up?

I had been so enthralled with Le Pendu's crazy hair and weird fingers/wings that I never noticed this until today.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this, and their theories about why this image was made in this manner.

le pendu

Why do you think they call him Le Pendu?

ba dum chhh! ;)

prudence

le pendu said:
Why do you think they call him Le Pendu?

ba dum chhh! ;)
But, Robert, he is hanging in the wrong direction.

Btw, I love the ba dum chhh!!:bugeyed: :D

Oh, and I forgot to mention, he does seem to be uncircumcised in this image. (this came up, 'scuse the pun, in the Bateleur thread)

Bat Chicken

I noticed this as well....

lark

well it's pink....so if we look at the meaning of the color it could be an emotional reaction...if it's the way we exsist as human and not a spiritual thing it could be purely a physical reaction the body has when it's hanging upside down....
as the LWB says..."upright in the social sphere."

prudence

lark said:
well it's pink....so if we look at the meaning of the color it could be an emotional reaction...if it's the way we exsist as human and not a spiritual thing it could be purely a physical reaction the body has when it's hanging upside down....
as the LWB says..."upright in the social sphere."
well, I thought this as well, in a way, but...I would expect it to be pointed in the opposite direction, if you know what mean.

Like this; man hanging upside down has an erection...the erection would point downwards, as that is the direction it would naturally point, when erect. (you know, towards his own head)

lark

Yes, I see what you mean....

It mimics the shape of his tongue too.
Now the tongue is being held in that position my will...by directing the muscles to do so.

If it did flop into it's normal gravity induced position we wouldn't see it would we...only a little bump under his shirt....we might see something else...a little more balls-ie.

I have no idea what I'm saying just typing out load..he is a freaky little guy though isn't he....he just seems to be giving us the finger from all angles.
It's like he's saying..."yah you can hang me upside down, but it's not going to affect what I believe, or think, or do, or say.... so there.

lark

OHHOOHHOHH lark waves her hand wildly in the air...
It means that he will not do anything in a conventional manner...things won't fall into place as you would expect...expect the unexpected, and never an apology for his actions.
He thumbs his nose at the rules.

lark

actually it reminds me of an ultrasound of my son...he was upside down but his little penis was pointing in the same direction as Le Pendu's
It was how we knew he was a boy.

and no weird deformity jokes here jmd...he is today a fine figure of a young man.

prudence

lark said:
actually it reminds me of an ultrasound of my son...he was upside down but his little penis was pointing in the same direction as Le Pendu's
It was how we knew he was a boy.

and no weird deformity jokes here jmd...he is today a fine figure of a young man.
giggle giggle :D

That is a funny image, lark.

I like your idea that he is about doing things/seeing things in an irregular way.....it makes sense to me. (but who am I to talk about "sense"???:D)