ouji

Viper_05

I was VERY close to buying a board today from a store here, very close i had it in my hands and everything only 10 bux i thought wow not bad ..i thought they were more, but nope then at the last second i chickend out and thought hmm well this isnt a toy and then i remembred all the stories ive heard so i put it back, im wondering if i made a wise choice, but im sure i have :) anyone else almost buy one then back out ?

willowfox

I have not only bought two in the past but I also made my own, there is nothing at all to be feared in using an ouija board, the TV and movies make it look like its a living thing full of other worldly evil beings ready to jump out and eat your soul. Just buy one and have some fun.
By the way, they work for some people, not everyone.

rainwolf

I made my own--it was a lot of fun and I think more meaningful.

Nothing to worry about if you aren't searching for something bad.

memries

Before I used mine and in fact before I do anything like that I say the Lord's Prayer and ask for protection. If you don't say that then use the grounding prayers you know about.

I got so I used pieces of paper for the alphabet and yes and no and a small wine glass on a polished table. That works great for me. I have not done it for a long time. I don't really know why, just gave it a rest and never went back to it. I think I got tired of asking questions. Throw the papers out after. Always make new papers.

Papageno

there's someone online who makes incredibly beautiful wood burned boards.......like the gorgeous boxes WalesWoman makes........they have themes, the detailing is breathtaking and many are inlaid with mother-of-pearl accents and hand rubbed with colored metallic waxes.

I don't use a ouija board but I've always been tempted to buy one just to have as a fun collectible :)........(yea like I really need to have that just-one-more-fun-collectible :rolleyes: LOL!!!)

if anybody actually has anything good to say about ouija boards or any intelligent and elucidating stories, I'd love to hear them. All you ever read about are the usual horror stories and tired cliches about nefarious occurrences.

HearthCricket

My sister had an ouiji board, way back in the 70's and we had fun playing with it when we were younger. I used to move it ever so lightly and she always believed what I said. Okay...so I was young and stupid and loved to tease her as every question was about boys and I was still playing with troll dolls.

However, one day we decided to be serious about it (we hadn't been fighting and things were going smoothly) so we asked it if it had a message for us. Remember, this is back in the 70's when kids were kids and didn't bother to watch news or weather or anything, and trick or treating was still safe. It was summer and we played in the cellar because it was cool and we had no air conditioning. So, it was us, the spiders and the ouiji board.

The thing started spelling out S T O R M. It then literally flew off the board, crashed on the floor and broke. We were a pretty freaked about that and started arguing that one of us was pressing hard on it and moving it. Afterall, the sun was out and all was well in the world. About 3 hours later we got hit with one of the worst thunderstorms I have ever witnessed. The sky turned a very deep green and it felt as though we were being pressed into the ground. Lightning hit all over, and it stayed over us for hours. We had to go downstairs with our parents until it passed. One of our pines was hit and the upper 2/3rds of the tree fell over, just missing our family room by a few feet. Storm and a broken tree...

I would love to get one, again. I would love to know what other messages it may have for me, though I am a bit apprehensive after that episode. Maybe I will indulge. I will admit that Walton's episode with the ouiji board (remember it?) was pretty darn creepy, too. I am not afraid of tarot, but I do get a bit freaked out over ouiji boards...

Papageno

thanks for that story HC :)

btw. if you're interested in buying a really beautiful board I can provide you with the website address of the artist I was speaking of. he's gained quite a reputation it seems at the comic cons and that big west coast big sci-fi convention.....he's very friendly and helpful.....and he does custom design boards as well.
just send me a PM. it wouldn't be appropriate to post an advertisement on this thread

Azarial

HC, that would definately make me very apprehensive about trying another one. I'm sure you were very scared.

I have a Psychic Circle, I don't really know if it's just a Ouija board with a different name or not, but it will not work for me at all. So I'm thinking either nothing wants to talk to me, or I have some pretty powerful guardians protecting me from it.

Azarial

Actually something interesting to add is that I pulled a tarot card asking why the Psychic Circle won't work for me and I got the Knight of Swords. So I am thinking that I indeed have a powerful protector.

Disa

I'm hoping some one will chime in here with any benefits they may have to using it.

I began using one when I was about 10 and stopped at 18 vowing never again to own another, but alas- my teenage daughter accompanied me to the metaphysical shop the other day and what was she drawn to???

There was quite a beautiful handmade wooden board which took my breath away. What a lovely piece to have.

As I progress through learning more about my mediumistic abilities, I feel better able to handle whatever may come, but the memory lingers of the times when I could not.

My DH is quite open to all that I get myself involved in, but he's quite against this and I'm not sure I have any solid reason as to the benefits of bringing this board into our home.

So, bring forth the stories of positive experiences if you have any. I'm sure it will be appreciated by many.

TC,

Disa

Edited to add: I definitely don't feel it's a game. There is a responsibility to be considered in these things. If it isn't being taken seriously, I'm not sure it's wise to use it???