ouji

Papageno

so.......it seems (as always) that nobody has anything actually good/positive to say about Ouija boards. that's very revealing. I think there have been a few threads here about Ouija and it always comes down to either dead silence or non committal observations about the mechanics of the device.

mind you, this is not a criticism of anybody here, just an observation; which leads me to wonder why people use this device at all if it's unreliable or unsavory?

the general consensus from almost everybody says that you absolutely must invoke a form of protection prior to using the Ouija. Nobody that I can see has ever used this device without some degree of foreboding or concern.
so is this justifiable fact or merely paranoia resulting from too many spooky stories which have gown to mythological proportions? hmmmm

I've read articles online about some people who have custom made boards designed with images and symbols of Gods and Goddesses they are comfortable with in order to focus and define the "nature" of the board itself; the theory being that the standard board design is too arbitrary and attracts "unwanted" and potentially "negative" energies and lower Elementals etc.

it sounds like an interesting idea.

Disa

hmm a lot to ponder. It isn't that the energies were unsavory- it's just that I didn't know what to do with them at the time. For those of us who can communicate with spirit to some degree- it does seem unnecessary to utilize this method. So, I'll wait for the positive responses as well.. I may be waiting a very very long time.

willowfox

mingbop said:
...But I don't understand why you have to use it at all --if you believe in the spirit world and have things to ask --then why not just ask them yourself ? As memries wisely said, a lot of the time you know the answer before the board laboriously spells it out --so that means spirit is already answering you directly...It sounds and looks like an awful long-winded way of doing something that you can do already - You need to have faith ! lol:)

Can you knock a nail into the concrete wall with your hand, no, you need a hammer. So it is with ouija, you need a tool to contact the spirits, even if your subconscious knows the answer.

Abrac

mingbop said:
...But I don't understand why you have to use it at all --if you believe in the spirit world and have things to ask --then why not just ask them yourself ? As memries wisely said, a lot of the time you know the answer before the board laboriously spells it out --so that means spirit is already answering you directly...It sounds and looks like an awful long-winded way of doing something that you can do already - You need to have faith ! lol:)
That's a good point. I believe the Ouija board itself is theoretically unnecessary and a lot of people can communicate psychically without it. But for some people whose faith is not that great, the Ouija becomes a tool that helps them temporarily suspend disbelief. Personally, I believe most of what comes through the Ouija is repressed thought and emotion. That is why so much of what comes out is negative because we suppress so much of the negative. The unconscious is a storehouse of all kinds of "evil." If a person can work through all that and get past it, then they may be able to receive some positive communications. Like the Tarot, the Ouija is just another way of communicating with your hidden self.

Mellifluous

Maybe the next step experiment would be to see if you could just make any small object move in the same way after leaving your fingertips on it for a while. Not 'with your mind only', but the same way as the planchette. No board, just a flat surface. Just getting lost in thought and being patient for a few minutes, keeping your fingertips lightly on the object. Perhaps wondering if it would move it either left or right or at all. No question in mind to be answered though. Has anyone tried that?

Seems like that might show whether you need to (believe you're) consult(ing) 'spirits' or god or your subconscious or any entity at all, or whether it's just energetic/physical.

Viper_05

cheekyminx said:
I don't like the look of standard ouji boards, I much prefer the wiccan ones.

One type of reading board;

draw a circle (copy round a dinner plate) on a piece of paper
draw the alphabet around the inner circle
write yes and no (left & right side)
draw the numbers 0 - 9 around the inner circle

If you'd like you can draw an angel in the centre or something you associate with protection lol just thought of a condom SORRY!

Use needle and thread, keep the needle still in the centre of the board.

another type of reading tool;

crystal glass
favourite ring
thread

fill up the glass 1/2 way, hang the ring just above the water, keep hand very still

You can answer with the alphabet or numbers, so each ding = a number or letter

so its pretty much a pendulum ouji board, they have printable versions of what you described, except without the yes and no and goodbye but i guess u can add them in, the only problem i have with this is that when it swings, it hits the letters to the top and the letters/ numbers at the bottom, so i guess you would write down both of them and then figure it out later?

Disa

willowfox said:
Can you knock a nail into the concrete wall with your hand, no, you need a hammer. So it is with ouija, you need a tool to contact the spirits, even if your subconscious knows the answer.

Some people may need a tool to contact the spirits, others do well without a tool.

willowfox

Disa said:
Some people may need a tool to contact the spirits, others do well without a tool.

It would seem that far more people need a tool such as the ouija board than those who do not. It seems that the elite are vastly in the minority otherwise the boards would not be such a hot selling item as they are and have been for a long time. Even in historical times people needed something to act as a tool whether it was water or bones it did not matter, the point is that they did indeed need a "tool".

Milfoil

willowfox said:

Some people can knock a nail in with their bare hands - nothing strange about it, just years of hard practice and mental preparation.

Much the same with mediumship, which is, lets face it, what a ouija board is for. Mediumship is the same, its a learned skill. Yes, some people have a natural aptitude for it, others have to work really hard at it before they see any results but it can be done (I speak literally from experience now). I think thats what Mingbop was trying to convey.

As a quick fix, perhaps a ouija board will give that but for any sort of long-term use and personal developement, it will actually be a hinderance in my opinion.

But then thats just my opinion!

:)

mingbop

and a lot depends on what you are looking for. The scarey thrills and fast pulse ...or the amazing warmth and rush of love & compassion that comes with the real thing. Which, as Milfoil says, takes time and hard work and dedication.