tarot with the other stuff...

Logiatrix

greetings, tarot-kindred,
have any of you used other divination systems concurrently with your tarot readings? for example, drawing a rune for clarification of your tarot spread, or doing a small tarot spread alongside your i-ching throw.
i know this is not a new concept, but i've only just begun to branch out to other systems outside of traditional tarot.
i'm also wondering if there is a particular divination tool that works especially well with tarot...

Phoenix

I sometimes draw three runes before a Tarot Reading, to get a general idea of the situation. The I proceed with a more in-depth look using the tarot. But I don't always use runes. Sometimes I use the ogham.

MystiqueMoonlight

I use my Runes occassionally as well.

Phoenix tell us a bit more about your Ogham please.....

zorya

for my daily readings, i draw one rune before my three card reading. i then usually draw two soul cards.

for other readings i almost always do a five rune reading then read my cards. the runes are very direct and help me get right to the issue.

Phoenix

The ogham is similar to the runes, in-so-much that they are a series of glyphs used for divination. They are Celitc in origin, and there is 25 in total, all representing a tree sacred to the druids, save for 2 or 3. Look for the Celtic Tree Oracle by Colin and Liz Murray. It is a set of Ogham cards, a book, and a spread cloth.

Hope this helps!

WolfSpirit

I sometimes use the Healing with the Faeries or the Druid Animal Oracle to draw one card as spiritual guidance for the day, sort of theme card what to