Queens and their meanings in love

Aristaeus

Can someone tell me which of Queens represents a mother or a mother-in-law, a lover, a wife and generally which of the Queens is considered evil and which good?

I'm sure some of them can represent other types of women, I can't remember at the moment, but I would be very thankful if someone wrote that too!

Also, can you differentiate between blondes and brunettes?

Thank you!

Sulis

Any queen could represent a mother, a mother in law, a lover or a wife and none of the queens are considered 'evil' or 'good'.

Each court card has a range of meanings from negative to positive and that includes the queens.

The queens can also represent men just as the kings can represent women.

Queens are mature and have reached an understanding of the element they represent. They are more internal than the kings who take their experiences out into the world.
The queens are usually the most balanced courts in a suit.

As for determining hair colour with court cards, I've never ever done that. I think that some folk do but it comes more from an older tradition of fortune telling and in today's multicultural society, I don't think there is much relevance.

balenciaga

I always see the Empress as a Mother figure.

The Queens show up for me as personalities rather than by physical attributes. If a woman is lacking emotion and looking at a situation with clinical detachment, using pure reason, she will appear as the Queen of Swords, for example.
Sorry, I cannot help you with physical descriptions, but there are others who could. I know some readers who can describe the courts that way(uncanny, actually).

Sophie

All the Queens are emanations of the Empress and the High Priestess, the female archetypes of the Major Arcana. In traditional Golden Dawn tarot (of the RWS-type) - Queens are Cardinal of their element (fire, air, water and earth) - that is, they represent the spirit of initiation and leadership within a stable environment, which they manifest according to the element in question.

As Sulis wrote, none are bad or evil, but all of them can be depending on the circumstances (and if you read with reversals, you might see the blocked or negative energy of that queen), and they represent a range of female energies, which are often found in women, but also in men.

mystic mal

Queen of cups (Stepmother) dark hair.

Queen of Wands. Fair wavy or curly hair. Faithful wife,career woman.

Queen of Swords short fair or grey hair.mother in law.

Queen of pentacles. brown hair. wife and brilliant grandmother.

The Empress the pregnant lady or the mother,

willowfox

Queen wands is a strong leader type especially at home, rather dominant and a touch aggressive but likes kids and animals, popular and cheerful.

Queen cups she likes to help others, could well make a good wife and mother, looks to the welfare of others, compassionate and gentle.

Queen swords has a sharp mind and can be the loner, the widow does jobs like teaching, counseling or legal, so honest and astute.

Queen pents is very creative, can be a good mother who likes to take care of children, pets and plants, welcoming, down to earth and loyal, can take care of the families finances, charitable and generous.

All the queens have an undesirable side when Rx.

Tara2007

Aristaeus said:
Can someone tell me which of Queens represents a mother or a mother-in-law, a lover, a wife and generally which of the Queens is considered evil and which good?

I'm sure some of them can represent other types of women, I can't remember at the moment, but I would be very thankful if someone wrote that too!

Also, can you differentiate between blondes and brunettes?

Thank you!

Hmmm....I don't think any of the queens is evil by herself, but depending on the question she could present problems to any situation.

As far as hair colour and appearance, I think the correspondence to the elements/zodiac signs might bring some of this into the picture. For myself, I don't ususally think of this in readings, but as far as personality traits...i.e. Earth signs (Pentacles) can be very conservative....that is about all I would apply. But, I suppose you could also apply the types of features/coloring such as Fire signs (Wands) can possibly tend to have red or reddish hair.

Alta

I agree with some earlier posts: all four Queens and the Empress and High Priestess can represent specific women. Who they are depends far more on their charater than on their role in life.

In certain readings it may not be their true personality but that as perceived by the querent.

And, reversed or ill-dignified queens or Empress/HP would indeed emphasize their less desirable attributes.

Hair colour is very difficult, and, even if possible, so many women dye their hair anyway!!!

mystic mal

As Marion said "Some women dye their hair" yes!!! Thats when we are changing and taking on the attributes of another Queen.As we change on the inner it shows on the outer by us changing our hair colour or body shape etc.How many have put red tints in their hair when taking on a new career or a supervisary post? How many have put blonde highlights in their hair when preparing to detach from a relationship or cut it short? All the Queens influence us even if we dont realise it.

elvenstar

I agree courts usually comment on personality traits when referring to actual people, but I guess what you're asking is if we can also see the courts as representing a role, like e.g. some times people associate them with professions. I can't see why not, even though I've never done so myself.

Like others have said they can all be either good or evil, or even both at the same time ;)

As for physical characteristics, I don't generally look for that nor do I have fixed associations, but at times I've gone with the actual appearance of the person on the card. That depends on the specific deck used in the specific reading obviously, but it has worked for me. :)