daily life

Noreia

Are there any applications or methods anyone has come across to incorporate Runes into your daily life other then meditation and or divination? Several Tarot books go into methods of incorporating the cards into your daily activities... I have only one little book on Runes and have being going pretty much solo. I have become so taken with them.
Being a working single parent I don't a lot of time or luxury to meditate often, nary a second to even ponder it seems... I was wondering if anyone had any no nonsense methods of relating to the Runes as they go about their daily activities?

Noreia ~

MystiqueMoonlight

Hi Noreia,

Runes are, as you suspect :), are obviously more than a tool for telling the future (just as are Tarot).

The word "divination" means to communicate with the Divine. That communication does not mean simply tryng to see future events.

The wonderful aspect of Runes is that they are easy to recreate with your own pen. Many people seem to get caught up in the idea that runes are the actual object (stone, piece of wood etc). Keep in mind the rune is the symbol. An ancient language and by using this language you can incorporate them into you daily life quite easily.

For example you could create a Rune or perhaps a BindRune. This is the link to that thread on this forum http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7335
A BindRune isn't just for spellworking. You can create one to place above your front door to protect your house for example. Or you could use the Runes as another written language (which is what they are) and right out a short verse, prayer or blessing. Then maybe frame it and hang it in your kitchen. Every morning when you see it there you could recite it using the language (pronunciation) of the Runes.

Runes offer you advice and direction. Carry them with you. You only ever need to pull perhaps one rune for advice and another two to express that advice further. Of course don't mak this a habit. We all have to think of our own free will :)

Here's a little exercise for you. When you are out walking, take a look around at nature and see if you can identify where Runes appear. Say for example the angle of a tree branch. Also where they appear in architecture. Like on tutor style houses. There are Runes in mot people's bathrooms. Can you see them?

So you see there are many ways of incorporating Runes in your daily life. I hope I have helped you out a bit.

ladycj

Sometimes if I am having a difficult problem. I will draw a rune that corresponds with what I need to work on, and draw it on my hand (the inside if my wrist usually) in a light colored ink. (Left if in need to recieve something, right to get rid of something) So, everytime I see it, it reminds me of what I should be working on.