EPIPHANY! A New Take on the Major Arcana

dangerdork

Major Milestone

I haven't abandoned the thread... I've been very busy on Seven Stations.

After I learned more last week about printing short runs of decks in the "Tarot Deck Creation" thread, I put in a burst of effort over the weekend, and as of yesterday, I had a prototype Seven Stations deck in hand. (see attached)

I'll post more details in that forum, but I thought people who have followed this thread would like to know.

Attachments

• SS_BeautyShot.jpg
    SS_BeautyShot.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 187

MandMaud

It's gorgeous! How wonderful to hold it in your hands.
I really the backs too, simple and sumptuous both.
Well done indeed! :thumbsup:

dangerdork

For my next trick...

I'm thinking about creating a cycle of poems for the Seven Stations deck in place of the LWB, I'd love feedback on the first one if anyone's still paying attention.

The Magician

"As above us and within,
Through mists and vapors parting -
Comes the primal origin,

My unique will and vision.
Sing my initiation
To the earth and sea and stars.

Ignite this potential
To laugh above the thunder,
Delight in the fragrant storm,

To dance in swirling chaos
Now to rise and then to fall --
With smiling perseverance

I sculpt with the force of dreams,
Speak the languages of Truth
And declare to all my Name.

Though my sparkling artifacts
Must one day rust and crumble,
Let's share these wonders today.

So below now gaze outward
and behold these inventions
I have conjured from the void."

© 2015 Seven Stations Tarot

MandMaud

I like it. Depth, meaning(s) / layers of meaning, and the feel.

MandMaud

Oh, you sound crestfallen.

But we did already know you weren't the *very* first person in history to notice the 3/7 correlation... and Robert Place is a pretty good "credit" to associate yourself with!

You know no two decks can possibly be the same. Or even rivals. There are tons of Celtic-themed, and a good few Egyptian for example, and Fae, and all the other themes. They don't really present each other with competition as far as I can tell (not being a collector myself, I just listen in to their threads :)); people seem to want all that's available in the same vein once they get the bug.

I'd recommend not reading too much of what Place has already done, and continuing your own playing with the subject, because that way you'll keep coming up with insights unique to you.

Chin up, d. :)

Lucas Prince of Cats

Well, I was talking with a kabbalist in person, and she said that the thing you said about the three paths in this whole thread is the kabbalist view. I always thought it was just the hebrew letters. Well, this actually just says how right you are. If so many peoplehave just stumbled upon this idea by themselves, then it means you MUST be right! And you're making you're own version of it! YOUR Sevenfold!

Lucas Prince of Cats

Oh, you sound crestfallen.

But we did already know you weren't the *very* first person in history to notice the 3/7 correlation... and Robert Place is a pretty good "credit" to associate yourself with!

You know no two decks can possibly be the same. Or even rivals. There are tons of Celtic-themed, and a good few Egyptian for example, and Fae, and all the other themes. They don't really present each other with competition as far as I can tell (not being a collector myself, I just listen in to their threads :)); people seem to want all that's available in the same vein once they get the bug.

I'd recommend not reading too much of what Place has already done, and continuing your own playing with the subject, because that way you'll keep coming up with insights unique to you.

Chin up, d. :)

Just as you said! Now, there is a new version of a 3/7 with your artwork and style!

Richard

This thread started 8 years ago! If you hadn't dawdled you could've beaten him to the punch. :p

I will catch up on all the new posts one of these days. I went from migraines to the flu.... :(

Maybe Silicon Valley is too stressful. I lived in the Bay Area for two years, and that was quite enough for a lifetime.