Homemade Ouija Planchette

Abrac

I've never been satisfied with Parker Brothers' planchette that comes with their Ouija board. First of all, I can never decide if the message should be in the window or pointed to. Secondly, why the legs? I mean why raise it up off the board then put a pointer in the window to point down at the correct letter or number? Its size can also cause problems with getting into tight spots in the corners. You have to have arms of rubber and its always falling off the board. Then it hit me, it doesn't have to have a window nor does it have to be raised. Here's a picture of one I made with a piece of wood I found in the crafts department at Wal-Mart. It was already precut. I just slapped on a few coats of polyurethane and voila! The smaller size fits easily into the corners and doesn't fall off the board. I really like the pointer much better than the window. You could still cut a window hole though if you wanted to.

Ouija Planchette

Viper_05

smart, so yea, who decides that the window is the one to use rather then the tip on the original parker brothers one?

Elven

Thats a very clever idea Abrac!! :thumbsup:
How is it sliding?
One of the boards I have - the planchette is a glass round disk - looks like you'd put a small tealight candle on it - and it moves very gracefully ....

Its wonderful to see one of the old boards again ... I havent seen one in ages ...

Good one Abrac!!

Blessings Elven x

Papageno

that IS very clever........and a good question too about pointer vs. window.....which is it?

lol I used to have one of those Parker Bros. boards as a kid.......everyone must have had one of those at one time

willowfox

A pointer makes so much more sense, you know exactly what you are getting for an answer.

Abrac

Elven said:
How is it sliding?
It slides great. I put some some small felt pads on the bottom but it slides easily with or without them.

eleven said:
One of the boards I have - the planchette is a glass round disk - looks like you'd put a small tealight candle on it - and it moves very gracefully ....
That's awesome. I was actually thinking about going that route when fate intervened and handed me a piece of wood. ;)

Elven

I think the wooden planchette is great .. next step ... making your own board to go with it? :p :D

Have fun!!

Blessings Elven

Alta

I like the planchette, looks good and works well. Well thought out with a fine ability to seize the moment!

Glass Owl

Rather than starting a new thread I thought I would resurrect this one. I am now the owner of a Third Eye Concept Talking Board with a missing planchette. I haven't owned an Ouiji board before. I found it for $3 at a thrift store, hidden among some wooden boards, and I bought it on a whim because I like the design of it (black in color and circular). At this point I think I will only use the board for decoration but if I change my mind and decide it should have a planchette I'd be interested in any tips or ideas for a homemade one (like what Abrac did) or other alternatives.

Penthasilia

You could use just about anything really.

For instance- I LOVE this board from Gaelsong (see attached), or you can find it here: http://www.gaelsong.com/product/148983/Samhain

They used a metal pentacle. You could find something like that and put felt on the bottom.

Good luck!

Attachments

• 148983_2112_popup.jpg
    148983_2112_popup.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 114