Lost Gold Ring. Can you help?

celticnoodle

Nevermore said:
I'm gonna warn you Muser.
If the ring is found in his room, and he finds it's not there anymore or he sees you wearing it, it'll be a really awkward and unpleasant situation, even though it is your ring and it's totally a mean and ridiculous way to teach lessons.

My parents would regularly go through my room, determine it was messy or if they were just angry at me, they'd go take things out to throw. So long as they believed it wasn't vital to my existence, they'd throw things out from books to my dear, cheap but very sorely missed guitar. I honestly stopped caring because if my room was messy or super tidy they were going to go through it and throw what they didn't like no matter what. But since garbage day isn't everyday sometimes I'd have luck finding things taken from me in the garage or in places they kept their own things.
I once found my old diary hidden in my parents room and I took it back and found it back in their room and a not so nice message written about my messy room. You can imagine that after I found it how I felt about my parents, there was NO WAY that things would ever be the same. This was before I lost my guitar, so before that point I honestly felt that it was my fault that I lost my non hidden things regularly. There was no way I could say that maybe I had forgotten the book somewhere, or that my parents' intentions were for the best. If you find in his room and you haven't found things of yours with him before, it's going to be real weird and unpleasant. Would he do more damage if he found out you got your ring back from where he kept it?
If only there were a way you could get it back without him realizing that you had found it and taken it back.
Yes, you are correct here, Nevermore. I should not have advised the above. However, Muser, if you do strongly feel like one of your parents did take the ring, why don't you instead just come right out and ask them point blank if they happened to have found your ring and have it in their possession?

just wanted to add that I agree with you, Nevermore, it is a mean and ridiculous way to teach a lesson. I learned from my mother doing this, and never did that to my own daughter. I never caught my mother throwing my things out though-I think that is even worse. Parents do some crazy things though, and though they may think they are doing the right thing for us, sometimes they don't think things through. However, you (we) should learn from the first mistake and not allow it to occur again, thus not having to wonder if the parents stepped in and took it to teach us a lesson.

I think Muser, you should just ask your parents face to face about the ring.

Nevermore

celticnoodle said:
Yes, you are correct here, Nevermore. I should not have advised the above. However, Muser, if you do strongly feel like one of your parents did take the ring, why don't you instead just come right out and ask them point blank if they happened to have found your ring and have it in their possession?

just wanted to add that I agree with you, Nevermore, it is a mean and ridiculous way to teach a lesson. I learned from my mother doing this, and never did that to my own daughter. I never caught my mother throwing my things out though-I think that is even worse. Parents do some crazy things though, and though they may think they are doing the right thing for us, sometimes they don't think things through. However, you (we) should learn from the first mistake and not allow it to occur again, thus not having to wonder if the parents stepped in and took it to teach us a lesson.

I think Muser, you should just ask your parents face to face about the ring.

Yeah, some are decidedly nuts sometimes. Hope you're having a happy holiday season! Same to you Muser. Any updates?

angelegg

Muser257 said:
Ok, this is an unusual request but i don't feel that it's too frivalous.
Before my birthday I lost a gold ring that holds a great deal of sentimental value to me. It's not worth much but it's quite unique. Its a gold ring with six equaly spaced thin bolts round the edge.

I've tried everything to help me find it, from my tarot cards, to dowsing and even scrying but I just can't find it. I'm pretty sure it's in my home or in the near vacinity.

So if anyone is up to the job of helping me find it plz do.

Thank you all. xXx

i think i may have given you *non-tarot* suggestions before in this thread-- not quite sure. but anyway, i did a 2 card reading to give insight to where it might be (i'm assuming you're still looking for it! sorry if you aren't and found it already).

anyway, i asked the deck and said you still thought it was in your local vicinity. the two cards i drew were:

PAGE of SWORDS and 4 of SWORDS.

to me, as far as "location" is concerned, this is what i came up with:

okay, PS stands for "the spirit of discovery". the 4S stands for, well, rest. you sure you didn't either:

a) lose it under your bed
b) vacuumed it up without knowing it (or someone else cleaned under your bed) and it's in your vacuum bag?
c) lose it under *someone else's bed* or "resting area"?

p.s. it may not just be a typical 'bed' locality-- it could be any other place you've rested, such as an ez-chair or couch. think back to places where you've rested/slept-- even if over someone else's house.

sorry if you've already been given these suggestions, but i'm just repeating what the cards told me.

oh-- i also drew another clarifying card to ask what is the outlook that you'll actually ever find it again. the card i drew was: 9 of CUPS.

wow. you couldn't ask for a better card-- the wish card! seems like you will find it and your "wish" to find it will come true-- so keep "cutting through" (swords!) and you'll eventually remember/stumble upon it! :)

good luck to you! happy holidays! :)

Queen of Disks

Are you sure it didn't get flushed down the toilet or fall down the drain in the sink? (That happened to my aunt's first wedding ring.)

marigold's

Hi Muser257,

Hopefully you've found the ring already, if not...

I just came across a section in a new (to me) astrology book on finding lost objects and would be willing to give it a go if it would be of any help. Let's see what it says...It's actually under horary astrology. I see your post was written 10.9.07, but if you still haven't tried it...and are reading this thread...maybe it could give you a new direction to look. The keys, as I understand it, to casting a horary chart is pinpointing the most exact date, time (down to the second,) location where you were when the question first popped into your mind (it could be when you posted here, if you can remember the time.) With that info, I could pop over to astro.com, whip up a quick chart and give it a look-over. Just let me know if that's something you might be interested in.

btw, I concur with all saying parents who put things up to teach you a lesson are doing so more cruelly than is necessary. My parents did the same and it caused me more worry and heartbreak (then feelings of serious distrust and betrayal) when I found out what they did and finally gave me whatever it was back. Not at all a healthy way to build trust in a family.

Anyway, if your ring is still lost, send me a PM and we'll work up a chart : )

Muser257

BUMP

It's been a while and I never did find my Gold ring so after recieving a pm from Angelegg asking what happened I decided to try again.

Angelegg, I tried to pm you but it wouldn't allow me to reply.
But thanks for the msg if your reading this.

Suggestions are welcome from everyone.

annabubble

Muser257 said:
Ok, this is an unusual request but i don't feel that it's too frivalous.
Before my birthday I lost a gold ring that holds a great deal of sentimental value to me. It's not worth much but it's quite unique. Its a gold ring with six equaly spaced thin bolts round the edge.

I've tried everything to help me find it, from my tarot cards, to dowsing and even scrying but I just can't find it. I'm pretty sure it's in my home or in the near vacinity.

So if anyone is up to the job of helping me find it plz do.

Thank you all. xXx

Erm, okay this probably isn't much help, but I was reading through this thread and I just got reminded so much of the Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants books.

Don't know if you've read all the books, but in the last one at the end they lose the pants (which were so special to them because so much had happened in them [it'll make more sense if you have read the books]) and they realize that they needed to lose them because without them, a lot wouldn't be the same, but also a lot wouldn't have happened is they never got lost.

Okay, what I'm really trying to say in this very rambly and long-winded way, is that maybe you need to not find the ring. At least not yet.

anna x

Muser257

Lol, I get what you mean Anna.
I've seen the film!

I think if i'm meant to find it I will one day, just out of the blue.

X

MsRubyRain

Muser257 said:
I think if i'm meant to find it I will one day, just out of the blue.

X

I also lost a ring that was very special to me. I like to think that if it's gone for good that it was meant to be lost to be a blessing to someone else.
That's what I tell myself when I start to feel really bad about it.
I hope you find your special ring.

~Blessings~

EmpressRenee

Muser257 said:
BUMP

It's been a while and I never did find my Gold ring so after recieving a pm from Angelegg asking what happened I decided to try again.

Angelegg, I tried to pm you but it wouldn't allow me to reply.
But thanks for the msg if your reading this.

Suggestions are welcome from everyone.

I've read this thread with some dismay. At first I thought perhaps the tarot or the pendulum or the psychic or the visions or the feelings or hunches or instincts described herein will be able to pin-point the location of the ring. But eventually, the ring has not been found. Perhaps it was sold off by the one who spotted it - as has been suggested in one post.

Makes one sigh ~ that perhaps there are some things that cannot be done by divination and makes one stop and think for a moment about such claims (past, present and future) and their effectiveness.

Just some thots - pls don't get upset - I got quite dismayed that's all.

Renee