The Last Troubadour

Troubadour

Dear Miss 6,

I hesitate to say it -- being an author who must starve from royalty check to royalty check -- but I do know that many libraries ordered The Last Troubadour (they've been good with my books!). If you just phone them with the Title and ISBN 9781601640109, they can transfer one in from another branch for you if they don't have one. (Or better yet, call every branch nearby and have them all order one!) I hope you enjoy! Best,

Troubadour

Hi Firemaiden, I'm just honored to be here and delighted Bonnie took the time to review my book. It's always been my dream to write this trilogy (hertofore I've written only non-fiction and one thriller, not nearly as satisfying!). I hope ALL my future books will be tarot-themed (I actually rewrote the sequel to my thriller -- the sequel was demanded by the publisher -- to include a new character who solves crimes with her Tarot deck!) It's such a wonderful way to explore the world of Tarot. I recommend it to anyone. It doesn't matter if a publisher appreciates "Tarot stories" -- it's still the best way to visualize, get to know and explore the Tarot in all its archetypal beauty and splendor.

Bonnie

Troubadour said:
Hi Bonnie -- a done deal as far as myself and the artist go. The publisher is a go, and Kam's art work is stunning. Printing is the remaining element. They want to do gilt edges and a beautiful re-usable box with a perfect bound book (on a par with, for example, Kat Black's Golden for production values) but still want the price to be in the range of a "normal-priced" Tarot deck. It's not a question of "if" as much as a "will it make it on time for the fall release of book 2?" A heroic quest in its own right! Best,

Derek:

Gilt edges? Bonnie just fainted! ;-) I have Kat Black's Tarot, and could sit and stare at those gilt edges forever!

Carry on with your quest, Sir Knight!

Blessings,
Bonnie

6 Haunted Days

Troubadour said:
Dear Miss 6,

I hesitate to say it -- being an author who must starve from royalty check to royalty check -- but I do know that many libraries ordered The Last Troubadour (they've been good with my books!). If you just phone them with the Title and ISBN 9781601640109, they can transfer one in from another branch for you if they don't have one. (Or better yet, call every branch nearby and have them all order one!) I hope you enjoy! Best,

Thanks for the tips, but our library here is horribly slow about inter-library loans...still waiting on one from 6 months ago! Other towns I've lived in I loved using that service, would usually get it within a week. I did put in an order request, we'll see what happens, though I'm not overly positive, it's a small library and has the worst selection!

No, this is a book I'd love to own (I'm an unapologetic bibliophile :) ) and I will get as soon as I recover and go back to work....

MareSaturni

A shame the shipping to Brazil is so expensive, because i've looking for a good tarot-fiction. And it has Cathars - i mean, i LOVE the subject!!! This book has everything to become one of my favorites - i just need to read it :p

Hope they send it to Brazil (to bookshops that sell imported books) OR i get enough $$$ to buy it from Amazon (plus the shipping).

Though last time i ordered from Amazon, they lost my package twice, it's a sorta of trauma now :/

Miss Y.

Mimers

Well, I have my copy and plan on reading it as soon as I finish what I am reading now. (Robert Place's book, The Tarot: History, Symbolism, and Divination to review for his class on Wed)

I was very intrigued when I listened to the Tarot Connection podcast. I can't wait to read it!

and Wow! A tarot deck to go with the next book in the sequel. That is just sweet!!!! Keep up the great work and congratulations on the sales!

Troubadour

Thank you! I so much appreciate the comments. Today, I found out the Ontario Libraries listed The last Troubaodour as their 2007 bestseller! Well, that floored me! Then I found out why. Library Journal posted this lovely, lovely review:

"A handsome troubadour with a beguiling voice leads an astonishing escape heist aided by a witch, a saint, and a couple of knights, monks, and other assorted characters both great and humble. The setting is southern France, the year, 1241. Tales about the Inquisition are not supposed to be amusing and entertaining, but Armstrong (The Game) manages to make them just that while keeping historical integrity mostly intact, if making free use of real and folkloric events alike. The fortified city of Carcassonne-also the location for Kate Mosse's Labyrinth-is held by bickering secular and religious authority much aggravated by the capture of The Jewel, a symbolic leader of the Cathar heresy. Readers will encounter a surprising amount of detail on medieval life that unfolds at a steady pace until the impossible rescue of the Silver Dame at a May Day festival. Two more volumes are on the way, ending at the siege of Montségur. Readers who enjoyed James Patterson and Andrew Gross's The Jester are bound to like this straightforward narrative, and, it should be mentioned, these historical events are a backstory in The Da Vinci Code. Recommended for all public libraries."-

Mary-Kay Bird-Guilliams, Wichita P.L., KS

Thank you for all your support!

tabi

I've wanted to read this since I seen a preview somewhere (can't for the life of me remember where). Unfortunately I'm one of those people who debates between buying a tarot deck or a tarot book since cash flow is a bit tight. And since I have been um..."lectured" on the amount of books I already own*, I have been going to the library a LOT.

However I may just ask for this for Christmas. :D Lets see who draws my name!!! :p

* There is only three books shelfs, part of the entertainment center and a few tables....really it isn't that many

BodhiSeed

This book has been moved to the top of my wish list for Christmas! Can't wait to read it after reading all the reviews!

Bodhran

Troubadour

New Review for Troubadour and Signed Copies

A wonderful review from Gayla on The Tarot Channel, thank you!!! http://www.madebymark.com/thetarotchannel/2007/11/book-review-the.html

For "The Last Troubadour" Christmas gifts, if anyone would like a personally signed book plate (a stick-on label you paste on your inside title page of The Last Troubadour) write to me with your mailing address and I'll send off a plate with your personalized message. I'll pay the postage.

Thank you again, all of you, for making The Last Troubadour such a resounding success! Movie rights, German and Hungarian rights all done deals. THANK YOU! The Tarot Community is one of the biggest reasons for Troubadour's success!

For book plates, personally signed, please send me the message you'd like inscribed using the email form at: http://www.kunati.com/email-derek-armstrong-personal/

OR PM me at Aeclectic. Happy Holidays! Best,