To dream of an Angel?

.traveller.

What does it mean to dream of an Angel? This is the first time I have dreamt of one and it seems important, but I'm not sure what to make of it.

I walked into a huge, empty warehouse. I was dressed all in black and had a long black scarf tied around my forehead (I never wear black in RL, looks awful on me). The clothes seemed foreign in style, maybe Asian but I'm not sure. In the middle of the warehouse, a man was sitting in a chair in profile to me. He was dressed in loose fitting clothing that was quite travel worn. The colors were white and gray, although the gray may have been white at some point. He was clean shaven, his head was shaved as well. His features had that hard look you see on men who have come back from war. Two hair dressers were fussing over him, trying to put a wig on him and curling the hair. He suddenly lost patience and abruptly stood up. That's when I saw the wings. He launched himself into the air and flew out an upper story window. I realised that I had to follow him, so I did using a series of acrobatic moves that would have landed me in the hospital if I tried them in real life. I caught up to him outside where he was standing, looking down at the ground. He looked at me and I had the sense that he had been waiting for me. He started to walk and I followed. We were in the middle of a desert with nothing to be seen for miles.

I was prematurely awakened by a cretin so I don't know if there would have been more to the dream.

memries

A very important dream for sure. He had something to show you even if it was a path you would follow through desert. Can you remember more of the walk and what was in that part of it ?

Are you concerned in any way with your own hair ? It was as if to say, if you have no hair buy a wig but he did not have the patience for the trial.
Are you impatient ?
I am not sure what he is was trying to tell you.

Was he saying walk on as you are and continue your path, you are not alone ? Anything is possible for you.. which you found out as you flew to join him.

.traveller.

Actually, I have tons of hair and it's mostly brown. When it gets long enough, I donate it to Locks for Love. It's still too short but another year should do it.

I was pretty confused by the hair dressers. Were they trying to make him appear more angelic? It was a blond wig. It didn't make sense because you'd think the big freaking wings would have been more than enough to identify him.
Maybe the message has to do with identity? I was wearing clothes that I wouldn't normally wear, in a color that I don't wear. The clothes were comfortable though.

It wasn't a sandy desert, it was more of what would be considered a wasteland... very rocky and harsh. Reddish/yellowish earth, no water, very dry.

memries

Was the wig representing some type of mask he would wear ? I know we think of mask as facial but certainly hair for a bald man would make him look different.
Certainly your idea of identity fits in with that.

You came across him in a very peculiar setting which must be important. He arose with his beautiful wings and you had to follow him.
Your thought, "If he has those wings why worry about hair".
His appearance in the clothes you describe as well is mysterious.
It was as if he was a working angel and you say "hard faced as in a man home from war". Does the war that is going on now reflect in your life in any way that is personal ?
Hairdressers are an expendable habit. They do deal with beautifying people. If you had no money the first thing you would do is cut your own hair. I mean it in this way. He had two.. that may also be some kind of key. He had no patience for being fussed over.
Is there something you would like to change about yourself ?

The type of desert or "wasteland" is interesting as well. Are you marshaling your resources properly ?
Sorry I cannot come up with anything more insightful than questions but think you have to look at this dream from every perspective you are able.
Let's hope Ana Luisa comes along as she always had good ideas.

.traveller.

I had a long reply typed up and the forum ate it. I'm feeling a little grumpy about it too.
I just thought of some interesting parallels to a previous dream I posted a month or so back, as well as thoughts on the wig and the color black.

Maybe I will retype my post... the challenge is remembering what I wrote.

memries

The PIA factor in losing a long post is most frustrating. I will check later or tomorrow...memries

.traveller.

Wig post

(.traveller. shakes her rant stick at the Great Purple Post Eater)

I'm going to post in smaller bits in hopes of evading the attention of the GPPE.

The wig.
He had no hair, his head was shaved.
By putting a wig on him, the hairdressers created a need and then fulfilled that need.
Was his behavior a recognition that the need was false?
Wigs rest on the head. They are unnecessary, a vanity item. Peer pressure, marketing through mass media, and societal "values" place emphasis on hair. The wig could represent these things.
The wig as a cover up of what is really there. The wig was blond, he was a brunette (eyebrows anyone? :D)

.traveller.

memries said:
Was the wig representing some type of mask he would wear ? I know we think of mask as facial but certainly hair for a bald man would make him look different.
Certainly your idea of identity fits in with that.

I was thinking about how angels have become all new agey and pinkified in recent years. This angel was none of that... I wonder if the wig was questioning the assumption that some messages need to be softened? I'm not sure where I am going with this line of thought.

memries said:
You came across him in a very peculiar setting which must be important. He arose with his beautiful wings and you had to follow him.
Your thought, "If he has those wings why worry about hair".
His appearance in the clothes you describe as well is mysterious.
It was as if he was a working angel and you say "hard faced as in a man home from war". Does the war that is going on now reflect in your life in any way that is personal ?

Yes, the working angel aspect is significant. However, I do not have any personal ties to the war or any other military action that is currently happening. My mother suggested that he might be my guardian angel.

memries said:
The type of desert or "wasteland" is interesting as well. Are you marshaling your resources properly ?
I have some thoughts on this but I will put them into a separate post.

memries

Replying to the Wig Post....yes, you are on to something there I think.
The blonde was a change of what his real image would have been. Why ?
He sat still for the two hairdressers but could not longer buy into that method and discarded it. Maybe the hairdressers were thinking of themselves and trying to pressure him into something he was not.. eg blonde and hair.
Again the advertising hype you mention for everyone to conform to certain beauty standards ? Getting down to the basics.
What are you ? Who are you really ? I mean to yourself. Do you know the real you ?
I was thinking that hair was always the "crowning glory" It did not mean much to him as he had shaved it off.. this is where basic comes in.

(He was a lean, hard faced travel worn man.. it was ludicrous to put a blonde, curly wig on him.) Is anything ludicrous in your life ? It was just not in keeping with who he was.

memries

I agree with you totally about the "pinkified" angels. It is a travesty really.

You Mother is probably right in saying He was your Guardian Angel.

Assuming that He is does that change anything for you ? He wants you to follow him and you did. That part if very good, what if you had not ?

We did not mention that He was waiting for you to catch up to Him. He must have known you had the ability to do so and so you continued on the walk.

In a way he was concealing who He was sitting in the chair letting them fuss over him. That was the setting or frame He presented Himself in.

He arose from that humble position in magnificence and glory to have you follow Him. It was as if He had come a long way and now outside He is waiting for you. (Outside that fussy setting).(Is He telling you to draw away from those areas in your life ?) Is He showing you the path you will walk in life ? It was not a desert but a wasteland probably with possibilities... like what will you make of it ? He will be with you for sure is one thing He is telling you.
What a very interesting dream it is. Good night for now...memries