Toothpick Reading

Vadella

This cracked me up! I need to go grab my toothpicks now. ;)

gregory

Umbrae said:
Whatever you do – do not think of green giraffes!

There is a reason we use toothpicks, they are made of wood.
Well heck - I was just about to try it (excellent unwrapped toothpicks of the flat variety) and now I can only see little green giraffes cavorting round the carpet..... I am not thinking about them; they are there of their own volition. Sigh.

*ariadne*

well deserved bump pt. 9

finaflight

that is so cool.

I`m gonna try that.

How about twigs..like if your out camping or just in the country, I suppose its the same thing. I like it.

Umbrae

uh...twigs work best - perhaps even better...

Lithargoel

This is an interesting method.

Another thing I can think of is to look around during the day... Moving trees and branch patterns can be very stimulating, as can be moving traffic and watching crowds of people.

Blocking your ears, asking a question and then listening to the next understable words closeby is also interesting to try out.

Once you open up your perceptions, anything and everything becomes stimulating.

Umbrae

Well as Robin Wood said, “When you are ready to read, close the book that tells you what the cards mean, sit back, and start.”

One can only go so far with books. Sooner or later, you have to walk on your own soles.

Umbrae

Lithargoel said:
Another thing I can think of is to look around during the day... Moving trees and branch patterns can be very stimulating, as can be moving traffic and watching crowds of people.

Blocking your ears, asking a question and then listening to the next understable words closeby is also interesting to try out.

Indeed – and you can do readings based on the same.

PisceanRedhead

Lithargoel said:
This is an interesting method.

I use my commute as alone time... a place to shut out the noise and just breathe and think about anything and everything... no radio... no passengers... just quiet.

And sometimes when I'm just thinking to myself... running different things through my head... asking questions or making observations... I find that sometimes the answers appear around me... a certain model or color car passes me or the license plate on the car that just merged in front of me will contain a word or number that is applicable to my ponderings... license plate holders, bumper stickers, street signs... even clouds above me... all have the potential to show me things... answers... or even new things to consider.

... needless to say... I'm beginning to rather enjoy my commute. :)

(Note to self... pick up some toothpicks on the way home.)