Good Witch Bad Witch Study Group - Your favorites and least liked cards

WolfyJames

I've noticed some started already talking about that in the other thread, we might as well transfer that discussion in this thread. So, which cards are your favorites and which cards you do not like.

In my case, my favorites:

The Abracadabra Witch: I view this card as my Guardians watching over me and that they tell me they are taking good care of me, that I am not alone.

The Old Hag Witch: At first I found this card scary and the old witch ugly but more I see her more I find her beautiful.

The Happy Witch: I love this card, it can represents my cat at times and how happy he is in our little world together.

The Warty Witch: My power animal is the frog. I often get it like the Abracadabra Witch as a way to tell me that he is keeping an eye on and loves me.

The Heavenly Witch: It's probably the constellations around her that makes me love this card, moon, stars, sun etc.

The Changeling Witch: This card represents me in this deck and I find the card pretty.

The Stardust Witch: Again, cute stars going around, deep blue, I find the card quite pretty.

The Secret Witch: I find the card quite pretty.

The Thunder and Lighting Witch: I love storms and I love the deep blue color, she kind of reminds me of Polgara in the Belgariad and Mallorean books by David Eddings, in the books Polgara is really scary when she gets pissed off.

The Hedge Witch: I find this card funny and at the same time well done.

The Treasure Witch: I tend to favor the dark cards over the light ones, and this one is really dark and at the same time the treasure brings light in the card, it's really pretty.

There is the back of the cards and the box as well that I love very much.

There is no card in the deck that I really dislike. There are a few that I find quite similar in meanings though and where I wonder why the repetition.

Little Hare

Okay,

I have a few favourites, But the one card that absolutly cinched me to buy the deck was the Stardust Witch I love the name of it, The beautiful blue colours and the stars :D It connects me to the stars and other realms of spirits and ghosts I feel a real sense of peace when i look at this card.

Because I really like alot of the cards I want to narrow my choice down further :party:

Other favourites include;

The Abracadabara Witch- I love how her blonde hair stands out against the red background and she has all those lovely familiars around her, She looks like the sort of witch that wouldn't cop crap off anyone which is What i like

The Coven Witch - I'm particularly fascinated by this card because recently i have developed an interest in Covens, to me this card talks about the positive and negative issues that can arise from working with groups, especially when egos come into play.

The Forest Witch - I love being in forests and nature so I relate closely to this card and the woods witch, I'm most at peace when i am in nature and with the animals, The forest witch card speaks to me off stepping back in tune with nature and developing the natural rhythms of life.

I have lots of others :) but i'm interested in seeing what others choose
:heart:
P_P

Guiding Cauldron

favs

my favs after a look through last night again:

THE HEALING WITCH- because i'm a healer too
THE WOODS WITCH- because i love wood
THE FOREST WITch- because i love the stillness of teh forest
THE SECRET WITCH- becuase i like the masqaurade mask
THE CAULDRON WITCH- i LOVE cooking and concocting
THE HUBBLE BUBBLE WITCH- just like it
THE TOIL AND TROUBLE WITCH- just like it
THE BROOMSTICK WITCH- so cliche but i love this one too

its true im def a cliche witch through and through lol :)

6 Haunted Days

I copied and pasted my post from the other thread, it took me an hour to write (left-handing pecking!) and I am most certainly not redoing it!

Secret Witch- This is my absolute favourite of the whole deck. The old oak door, checkered black and white cold marble floor, the weird perspective hallway, an owl with his piercing gaze holding his wisdom close as he watches her fevered flight from the turret room she was forbidden to enter by her darkly handsome employer. Far below in the grand ballroom a masquerade ball dances on towards midnight, she must get back before he notices...oh where to hide the key? She knows his secret now, and loves him all the more for it, but to him all she is, but a poor governess from the country caring for his nephew.

Fairy Ring Witch- It's a warm morning on May Day as the faeries frolick in the meadow, the witch has shrunk herself with a magic potion to join in their revelries in the dewy grass.

Hallowe'en Witch-Standing in a stark field in the witching hour, she is ready to take off for her nights work with the help of her companions...the ghost of a lost love, an enchanted evil pumpkin and her trusted farmilar the crow Hot-Foot Jackson. A teeny spider sneaks along for the ride.

Ditch Witch-She loves to lurk in the foggy dampness of the rolling hills deep in the moors. Goblins are frolicking down the hillside, in amswer to her summons.The crow looks on, ever the steely-eyed watcher in the dark light of the full Harvest moon.

North Witch-Icy blue! The Snow Queen ruling over her northern kingdom with her magical cat compass. You can feel the icicles and tingling wind.

Green Witch- A witch who only lives the thick green peat bogs, her companions fat little faeries....as you wander in the damp air....what's that green mist...it looks almost like....

Hedge Witch-Peeking over a hedge with a birds nest full of baby birds, a fanged spider lurking in the hede, and what belongs to all those eyes peeking out of the darkness? She is a cunning one, watch out for her sharp nails!

Happy Witch-Something about this card reminds me of fairytales....Sleeping Beauty. Her bag of shimmering fairy dust, the Rose arch of pure innocent love.

Fire Witch-The witch of the Summer Solstice stands in the plains of Sailsbury, her stones of power loom in the distance, she is pure energy and she's here to assure the sun rises on this hot, muggy morning.

Woods Witch-A windy dark forest in the heart of Austria, she's lost and the squirrel will know the way back to her cottage, where her worried mother awaits. She really must quit this infernal daydreaming as she wanders picking mushrooms and flowers, she muses to herself.

West Witch-The Harvest Queen sits in a peaceful meadow holding her cornicorpia of abundance as the soft sunset descends over the earth, a lost hedgehog wanders as leaves fall all around her.

Tortured Witch-It's the witch from the Secret card....in such passionate agonizing love with her employer, she kneels and prays to the moon, to the powers of night to win the love of her better.

Toad Witch-It's a toad party! There's a king and a queen with crowns and toad courtiers....who knew royal toads loved cake so much?

Stardust Witch-The Faery Godmother of all these fairytales with her magic wand and her farmilar....stars cover her hair like a veil of enchantment. She bids you goodnight and sweetest dreams.

Honestly the only card I dislike is the Marriage Witch, I hate marriage and all the restriction it entails, so that's the only reason.

Miss 6 :love:

purple_scorp

My v.fav card is The Eternal Witch.

I love that the witch, and the cat on the back of the broom, both have their goldfish-bowl-like space helmets on. And they zoom around the stars, a planet and a space-rocket. V.cool.

I also love the dress/cape on the Wickedest Witch and would love this for mysElf, tee hee.

And, I like the Air Witch card because the face blows a gentle breeze on that owl and the pussycat in their beautiful, pea-green boat. Instead of seagulls floating on the breeze, we see two bats.

I love the ditch and hedge witches too....especially the ditch cos all you see is too eyes and a hat!

Don't really have any I dislike.

The Thunder and Lightning Witch always reminds me of the Tower card in the Tarot though I don't see that's a bad thing!

with love
purple_scorp

Aulruna

First, I did some research and put together a list of the English card names, because I have a German version!

Interestingly, two of my favourites weren't named anywhere - The Ring around the Moon and Wrath/Hell's Fury Witch. If someone recognizes these from my literal translation, please tell me how they're titled in the deck!

I needed several rounds to come to a reasonable number of favourites - I really like most of the cards a lot. The booklet seems for the most part pretty pointless, so I just came up with spontaneous associations when I compiled my list.

The Full Moon Witch: Love the detail of the cat’s mirror being an owl!

The Forest Witch: Forests are where I can connect easiest with nature spirits. I grew up at the border of one, and after 20 years, I still miss its lullaby.

The Fairy Ring Witch: Just delightful!

The Happy Witch: Who woulnd’t want a bag of fairy dust?!

The Toad Witch: I love toads and I love the idea of doing things in a totally different way.

The Wrath Witch (??? Couldn’t find the name for this one): It feels good to let off steam. The Raven is looking like he’s advising her not to lose control too much.

The New Moon Witch: Mystery, and the seed of something beginning that is as of yet unknown.

The Eye of Newt Witch: Intense and focused and innovative. She also seems to have a conversation with the newt (instead of wanting to drop it into the cauldron).

The Ring around the Moon Witch (??? Couldn’t find the name for this one, either): Putting your magic into perspective.

The Bat Witch: She’s cool and has poise :D

The Abracadabra Witch: Familiars are important.

The Wood Witch: To be honest, I picked this one because of the squirrel!

The Timeless Witch: This is the one I would pick as my significator.

The Immortal Witch: Magic is immortal.

There is no card I really dislike, but I find the Eternal Witch somewhat contrived. The Ditch Witch and the Treasure Witch convey nothing to me.

Little Hare

Hi Everyone

I was looking at the rules for study groups and i'm pretty sure we can post individual cards that we want to study :D so i'm sure we can get right to it!

:party:

Guiding Cauldron

Interestingly, two of my favourites weren't named anywhere - The Ring around the Moon and Wrath/Hell's Fury Witch. If someone recognizes these from my literal translation, please tell me how they're titled in the deck!

I needed several rounds to come to a reasonable number of favourites - I really like most of the cards a lot. The booklet seems for the most part pretty pointless, so I just came up with spontaneous associations when I compiled my list.

The Wrath Witch (??? Couldn’t find the name for this one): It feels good to let off steam. The Raven is looking like he’s advising her not to lose control too much.

THIS ONE IS THE HELL HATH NO FURY WITCH :)

The Ring around the Moon Witch (??? Couldn’t find the name for this one, either): Putting your magic into perspective.

AND THIS ONE IS THR RING AROUND THE MOON WITCH

so your pretty spot on my dear!! lol :)

Chronata

favorites...
The Secret Witch

The Brown Witch

The Ageless Witch

all three remind me of myself.
I also think the Stardust Witch is beautiful!

I don't know which are my least favorites...

I am not quite as fond of the Thunder and Lightning Witch, nor the Eternal Witch. I think, mostly it's that I don't like the art as much...though the Eternal Witch is also one that I get where I consistantly draw a blank!

Sagepowder

I just got these cards yesterday but I already have a few favourites. It's difficult choosing, though, so I have included the ones that immediately caught my eye.

The ones I don't have a fondness for are:

The Ditch Witch: Because she doesn't have a face and it confuses me a little that there are a couple of eyes lying in the ditch.

The Toad Witch: Because I don't like critters in my food.

The Wickedest Witch: Because...I don't know. It's just a woman with a creature on a lead.

My favourites are:

The Full Moon Witch: Because I like how confidently she's standing.

The North Witch: Because being from Scandinavia I'm drawn to anything cold and wintery.

The East Witch: Because she's lovely.

The West Witch: She's lovely as well.

The Warty Witch: Because I can relate to her (not that I have warts :)). And even though she has warts she's still beautiful.

The Stardust Witch: Because I like the stars in her hair and the way she's holding her cat.

The Happy Witch: Because I'm intrigued by what sort of magic she's carrying out. What is that powder?

The Love Witch: Because she's...pink? I just like this card.

The Secret Witch: Because I want to know what's behind that door! And she's very cute.

The Broomstick Witch: Because she's the stereotypical witch. And I like her socks.

The Grant Three Wishes Witch: Because I would like three wishes. And I want to open those pressies!