the little book you get with the deck...

maciader

anyone ever read it? i browse through it for somethin to read... what about you all?

6 Haunted Days

maciader said:
anyone ever read it? i browse through it for somethin to read... what about you all?

It depends. The vast majority of them are cut and paste and pointless. There are exceptions where they are deck specific and interesting. A few LWB's I like are....

Sacred Rose
Arcus Arcanum
Arthurian (Matthews)
Templar (Chester)
Fantastical Creatures
Golden
Navigators of the Mystic SEA
Nigel Jackson Tarot
Sheridan-Douglas

Miss 6

Dragon Rider

The "LWB" from the Tarot of Reflections is (pardon the pun) very insightful and the suggested spread called the Method of the Mirror is really helpful for shadow-working and self-discovery.

But I keep all the "LWBs" that come with my decks. :)

Alamaris

I've kept all the little booklets, but only because I'm a tad obsessive about details (namely, keeping everything in the box or bag organized). That being said, normally I've found the booklets aren't especially helpful, and each one seems to give a completely different meaning. I have found one helpful (the one that came with the Ancestral Path Tarot) but again, its rather specific to the deck and wouldn't be of much use with, say, a Rider Waite.

On their own, they are full of a lot of insightful details, however: like tiny mediation books. But to interpret the cards, I use a combination of a trusted, offical resource (like a well-written guide) and my own intuition, rather than the sparse keywords in the booklets.

tarot4fun

Yes, I do read the LWB that comes with my decks.
I find the meanings interesting ~ and sometimes I wonder at them ~

My favorites are~
Golden Tarot
Archeon
And the book that comes with DruidCraft

Suz :heart:

Gayla

I do sometimes, sometimes not. If I am writing a review, I read it for sure.

Some LWB's can be as good or better than a long, drawn out companion book.

Some LWB's seem to be there because they have to be.

I like LWB's because they are consise.

Lleminawc

some more good ones are:

Book of Thoth (James Wasserman/Lady Frieda Harris)
Buddha Tarot (Robert Place)
Renaissance Tarot (Brian Williams)
Light and Shadow (Brian Willliams)
Gareth Knight Tarot (Gareth Knight)

Selise

I rather liked the book that came with my Victorian Romantic deck.

6 Haunted Days

Selise said:
I rather liked the book that came with my Victorian Romantic deck.

He was talking about little white books that come in the box with the deck, not full size companion books. That's a whole other discussion.

Baroli

The LWB make great coasters, just open them to the middle and Voila!! instant coaster. Let's see, they are also handy if you have some furniture that is a little uneven......I suppose you could use them for TP if you were really desperate.

Baroli :D