the little book you get with the deck...

tarotlyn

When I get a new deck, I glance through the LWB, store it in the box, put the
cards in a scrumptous bag with rose scented incense cones...

...and then try to find where to buy the regular book if there is one out...
...if not...out comes the LWB...
(if I need to refer to it for the meanings of the "author's" symbolisms)

:heart: tarotlyn

LinaBabii

I find the LWB for the Haindl wayy too skimmed. The companion books, however, are excellent and helped a lot. (especially because I'm new to tarot. I could have learned on a easier deck, but I guess I'm stubborn)
I do like keeping them as 'review'. If I'm reading for someone else, I use them to remind me of a card's meaning if I forget. They're short, but the jog my memory.

Grizabella

Another LWB that's actually pretty good is the one with the Native American Tarot. (Not for the Lo Scarabeo deck. The one by Gonzalez.) There's a bigger book for the deck, but the LWB actually is fat and has a lot of good information.

Crescent

I keep all my LWBs and need thicker glasses to see the darned print on most of them!! BUT, I DO use them all... This may sound a bit crazed to some, but it has helped me see and learn the cards better... and opened my mind to different explanations of the cards..... Here's what I do .....

I take my LWBs all at the same time, and go thru each of the card meanings, hi-lighting the similar words/meanings for each card. It works for me very well. Opens up my mind to different wordings of similar things.. am I making sense here?
It has helped alot.. And all the decks I do this with are RW based.

The decks I own with the companion books are not included.

philebus

As I'm not a card reader, I'm a little limited in the comments that I can make about these. However, there are a couple of the LWBs that to leave me in a state between laughter and being cross.

The first is the booklet with the Fournier packs. Fournier has no excuses for this kind of tripe, dishing out the stuff of Paul Christian that has been so fully discredited. I am glad however, to have found that despite this story being promoted by such a large publisher, I don't generally see anyone accepting it - and when I have (certainly not at this site), they've not found it in the Fournier book.

The other is that supplied with the Argio Orell tarot (a french suited pack), published as the Alan Tarot. Alan, a fortune teller, makes an attempt to read all manner of meanings into Orell's cards that leave me wondering: is he ignorant of the tradition of playing games with that pattern? or does he assume that the customer is? Again, no one else seems to buy his story - but there is a principle.

Moonson

well... has a beginner i have to say, i'm a bit disapointed with mine. I recently bought Robin Wood deck, and for the reviews i read here on AT, i thought the LWB was better...
But, it just has some pointers, a few important words about the cards. I guess i should get the bigger book to study the simbolism.
Opened to hear some suggestions...

gregory

The LWB with the LS Magical Forest is priceless.

In a GOOD way :D