Calling All Aecletan Numerologists

Alta

What interesting and though-provoking replies. I will carry the thread a little farther. Mathematicians at the simplest level manipulate not only numbers but concepts of numbers to try and discover how things work. At the highest level, cosmology, they can even claim to see the face of god/dess in mathematics.
Numerologists apparently work only with integers, and at most series of integers. Surely the simplest of concepts. And yet they associate with the integers, and free-form them into the heavans. They work not just with 'one' but with the very essence of 'one'. And how the essence of one relates to the essence of two, and so on.
So, Temperance for the mathematician and The Star for the numerologist.

Ravenswing

mathemajicks

oh boy, is this a tough one. i've been studying gematria (hebrew variety of numerology-- sort of) for the last thirty or so years. from these studies, i've developed a new english-based gematria...

from the gematria i've evolved an algebra and geometry of words. the geometry and calculus of 'reality' are my present investigations.

a side product of the geometry of words is a metaphysical system which includes a tarot deck and neo-kabalah.

i find it hard to separate the two-- sort of like yin/yang make the tao...

anyway, all this being said, i'll now go back to the question of the majors for math/numerology. in the golden dawn magickal deck there are two varients of temperence. i see them as the majors.

back to spinning hyperbolas on my wing tips
raven

Scorpion

Many thanks to all of you who have contributed to this thread: I never dreamed there'd be so much response!

For those of you who are at all interested in why I asked the question in the first place, I will try to set out in a PM/e-mail where my thinking is going, but please bear with me and ask any questions you need addressed as I am new to this way of thinking myself.