flipped cards

drshweta

hi everyone
this is my first comment in this tarot community
i wanted to have your opinion on flipped up cards..the cards taht fall out when we shuffle the deck..
and with me it so happens they are the same most of the times and do convey certain answer to the problem.or any indication about some forthcoming event which may not be on my mind while seeing the tarot cards

thorhammer

Hello, and welcome! Nice to see you here. :)

Lots of people set great store in the accidental escapees from the deck - I read for a friend recently who wouldn't let me draw cards for her, she *had* to shuffle (rather roughly, might I add) until one or more jumped out for her. In her mind, this is the only way it works. But for myself, I don't take notice of them. It comes down to the same thing that so many other aspects of Tarot do - personal preference. You are getting good answers this way? Great! Keep doing it! One day, it might wane a little and you'll start drawing cards or cutting the deck - it's a constant evolution. If what you are doing inspires confidence within yourself, it's right for you NOW. Keep it up!

See you around, \m/ Kat

drshweta

thanks

its good to get such positive response..thanks again..
as such i dont handover my cards to people when i give them their readings and i shuffle them myself..
involving a bit of meditation too
and it always feels from within for a certain reading

willowfox

I usually ignore jumpers because sometimes they are revelant and sometimes they are not. So, I shuffle my cards very carefully and concentrate on what I am doing.

May

Helo Shweta, Welcome to AT.

Its a matter of personal choice. I usually ignore them if they fall out because of my careless shuffling or when cards are big or small to fit well into my hands. Sometimes I look at them and see if they align with the reading. I have also used them as a guidance or clarifying card in my readings.
Its all about what works for you and it may change with every reading. Its about what feels right at that moment.

le fey

I have arthritis - there are some days when I'd have a quarter of the deck as 'jumpers' if I used them, so I generally don't. If i'm looking for a little extra guidance beyond the spread positions, I'm more likely to peek at the bottom card of the stack.

And I winced for your poor cards being shuffled by someone else to force cards to fly out of it - poor deck! I think I might be inclined to tell her, 'no, that's how *your* deck works, not mine!" I am easy about others handling my cards but an experience like that might make me rethink it.

Water Lady

I sometimes pay attention and other times do not. I let my feelings at the time decide.
They have been right on so far.

memries

I always read jumper cards. One day I dropped half the deck ! Obviously that was not the answer in this case.

Sometimes if I am drawing randomly I pick the card at the highest level when I am hold them. That card wants to come out most. Just mind games. Silly really.

mirkmaid

I tend to take a lot of notice of the jumper cards. For me they nearly always seem to have a lot of relevance.

What's really odd is when you ignore it, and then the same card falls out again! That's happened to me more than once.

SharonS

The only time I pay attention to jumpers is when one flies out that flew out a few minutes before. Has to be the same card twice before I pay attention to it, other than that, I just put it back in the deck.
Do what feels right to you:)

~SharonS