Preparing a Deck Without Ruining It

Alta

I did wonder when I saw that, because I found the Gilded to be very flexible but the Golden to require some loosening up.

I have used this method on a very few decks, but it seems to work well.

All Is One

I finally allowed myself to open the Guilded and apologize too it (I couldn't wait another minute anyway) and it does in actual fact shhuffle like a dream "right out of the box" so I got off to an odd start with a deck I suspect I will love to death. The Golden by Kat Black is REALLY stiff and needs lacquer on the cards, but it's lovely. I want to try Umbrae's trick but I'm chicken about my own skill in navigating the technique!

fferyllt

After reading this thread, I finally got brave enough to try Umbrae's technique on a deck I have that handled really poorly. It was stiff and seemed like the whole deck had a slight bend on a long diagonal from one corner to the other. After "the treatment" it handles so much better!

All Is One, maybe if you want to try this method you could start with one of the extra cards that often comes with a deck? To prove to yourself that you won't hurt your cards by doing this. I think the Golden has at least a title card, and maybe one other.

All Is One

Thanks....great idea. I'm going to gather up a bunch of those pesky extra cards ...which I never throw out but continually get annoyed with when they insist on crawling back into my decks when I'm not looking....

I'll gather them up and re-read Umbrae's instructions about 50 times.

Master_Margarita

All Is One said:
Thanks....great idea. I'm going to gather up a bunch of those pesky extra cards ...which I never throw out but continually get annoyed with when they insist on crawling back into my decks when I'm not looking....

I'll gather them up and re-read Umbrae's instructions about 50 times.

It really, really isn't that hard. It's the same principle you use when you curl a ribbon on the edge of a pair of scissors.

M~

All Is One

That description makes total sense to me. You just convinced me I can do it.

fferyllt

All Is One said:
That description makes total sense to me. You just convinced me I can do it.

You'll do great. :) Let us know how it goes.

Bluecat

I have been hunting for Umbrae's original thread for preparing cards to no avail - anyone got a link?

AJ

it is also in post 15 of this thread.