Dream: Insight or ideas? LONG read ahead....

memries

Thank you Indigo Rose for your kind words of encouragement.

On to the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs.. You got in the car but were facing backwards. Since the car is represented as your soul in dreams, any vehicle really. (I think). You got in backwards... something is not right and you are looking at it all the opposite way around instead of forwardly. (Or as you are facing backwards you are looking back in time... interesting thought).

Your Mother got in.. about 30 and dressed incorrectly. Let's face it she probably was a bit young and foolish in how she dressed at 30.. I know I was and had my share of low cut dresses as well. You could not accept her or her attitude..represented by dress.. so all you wanted to do was escape.
After struggling you did.

I am not trying to be judgmental here and come to think of it what child can accept their parents if they saw them at that younger age ? I know my kids would like me in a respectable rocking chair even now .. not happening but nor do I let them know all my business either. Why do kids not accept that their parents do what they do but probably don't advertise it ? It seems to be the nature of the beast really.

I take it that you cannot face her as she was and also maybe as she is now.
So what is that ? I apologize ahead of time if you think I am being harsh.
The man beside the car is hazy.. would that be your Father do you think ?
In a way he is affecting the dream.. why was he there and not shown ?

So you leave walking then you run and jump, excessively really.
You are going at a good speed. By leaving her you are escaping her and you are feeling the freedom. Maybe you have been living your own life and going your own way which we all have to do.

You make a tremendous jump successfully.. what for ? "You have to find your Mom". I don't think I have to describe very graphically what is going on here.

Sorry that is all I can do tonight... hope something helps.

Indigo Rose

memries said:
Thank you Indigo Rose for your kind words of encouragement.

On to the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs.. You got in the car but were facing backwards. Since the car is represented as your soul in dreams, any vehicle really. (I think). You got in backwards... something is not right and you are looking at it all the opposite way around instead of forwardly. (Or as you are facing backwards you are looking back in time... interesting thought).

Actually yes, I was looking back in time because something similar happened in the long ago past.

memries said:
Your Mother got in.. about 30 and dressed incorrectly. Let's face it she probably was a bit young and foolish in how she dressed at 30.. I know I was and had my share of low cut dresses as well. You could not accept her or her attitude..represented by dress.. so all you wanted to do was escape.
After struggling you did.

I am not trying to be judgmental here and come to think of it what child can accept their parents if they saw them at that younger age ? I know my kids would like me in a respectable rocking chair even now .. not happening but nor do I let them know all my business either. Why do kids not accept that their parents do what they do but probably don't advertise it ? It seems to be the nature of the beast really.......So what is that ? I apologize ahead of time if you think I am being harsh.
The man beside the car is hazy.. would that be your Father do you think ?
In a way he is affecting the dream.. why was he there and not shown ?

Hey you raise a great point here, and I fully agree. Being 41, and the mother of 20 year-old I certainly appreciate how rough kids are on their parents. ;) I didn't understand this as a young lady, and I'm sure judged my mom harshly too. :( Certain things I went through growing up in my mother's shadow and her overall attitude towards me made it very hard. I had a weight problem, starting at about puberty. Mother was always fit and she was quite harsh on us girls about our looks and weight. My sister and I have different dads, but both of our dads come from families where weight struggles were common. Needless to say Mother had to contend with both of her daugthers battling weight. I thought I was over all that by now. However, the dream let me know I wasn't. I feel I was revisiting the past in the dream, and I think the man in haze was actually her x-husband who I didn't get on with at all. There was a real incident at the Holidays where something like the dream sequence happened. It was a time when I felt judged, ridiculed, and unsupported. It's way in the archive's...before I was actually a mother...but somehow surfaced in this dream and this Mercury Retrograde in Scorpio. :bugeyed:

memries said:
I take it that you cannot face her as she was and also maybe as she is now.
So what is that ? I apologize ahead of time if you think I am being harsh.

I don't feel you're being harsh, but thanks for your sensitivity. I actually appreciate your thoughts. I have really needed to weed through this dream because it had such a profound effect on my psyche. I feel the dream is calling me to sort out things regarding my mother. I would much rather have someone tell me their honest opinions and thoughts, than to sugar coat stuff.

Proverbs 27:6-"Faithful are the wounds of a friend, But deceitful are the kisses of an enemy."

I can't grow if I only hear things which flatter me and let me off the hook. I have growing to do. My mother has wronged me, but I have wronged her too. We are here at an impasse, and I feel God is calling me to rebuild the bridge and let love guide us to healing.

memries said:
So you leave walking then you run and jump, excessively really.
You are going at a good speed. By leaving her you are escaping her and you are feeling the freedom. Maybe you have been living your own life and going your own way which we all have to do.

You make a tremendous jump successfully.. what for ? "You have to find your Mom". I don't think I have to describe very graphically what is going on here.

When I left I could barely walk, even though I wanted to run. In the dream I found solace in the village of people. In real life, I've found solace in the village of people...as I have found more connection in the world at large, than with my own family. However, as in the dream I was called back to see Mother....in real life, I feel now that I am being called back to see her and make things right. I think you are right too, that this was a time when I had to find my own way. There were some Astrological things that occured which supported this turn of events too.

When I left the village in the dream I had to run, leap, and overcome great obstacles to get back to her; even going somewhere I didn't feel I belonged....knowing I didn't fit in...but I still had to get to her. I feel this reflects how I feel about getting back to her. There are many obstacles and it will take tremendous efforts on my part; and I will have to cross over into someplace I don't fit in...but I can't let that stop me.

memries said:
Sorry that is all I can do tonight... hope something helps.

(((Memries)))Thank you. You've helped me a lot, and I really appreciate your candor.

Blessings~

:love: indigo rose

huredriel

Some thoughts honey :heart:

Indigo Rose said:
It started with me and my husband in our home (only it was different than our real home). We had my son’s stuff crammed in the house and we needed to rearrange some things to accommodate it. There was this very long dining table, which I wanted to move into a different position. My husband didn’t want to do it; but I asked him to just let us give it a try. As we were moving it he agreed it was going to give us more room.
Could this be you & hubby in your spiritual home? I expect you do still have son's belongings in the real house, but possibly also taking on some worries to do with him at the moment? Dining table = eating, sharing ....... family coming together ..... if I remember rightly, son has moved out of the house, so now you have to re-arrange things to spend time together? Some disagreement/debate as to how to organise, but you are right in the end. Shows nice compromise in relationship. More room, more space ...... more freedom to move?

I also read on a site the other night, where the first sentence/section of a dream actually gives you the subject matter ...... if that's true ...... then would suggest that this dream is all about spiritual relationships & communication issues.

Added - if we take all figures as aspects of the self ..... then here a nice balance of the masculine & feminine within ........ and would suggest that the son is part of the inner child ....... so some baggage still to do with that?

From there I was outside sitting in the back seat of a parked car, and I was facing backwards in the car. I was waiting for my mother.
We go from movement to stationery. From home to car, mode of transport. A period of adjustment? Something back to front here. A thought here is that your mother isn't as spiritually advanced and you are having to wait for her to play *catch up*. Back seat also denotes that you are not the one in control here ..... if there are control issues, then this could be a very uncomfortable feeling.

Added - could this also be something to do with your role as *mother* or the inner mother aspect?

She jumped into the back seat and she didn’t look her current age. She was in her late 30’s or early 40’s, long blonde fluffy hair (in real life she is brunette…now graying)…anyhow…she was dressed provocatively in a tight black short skirt suit with heels and diamonds glittering all over her jacket. I was aware there was a younger male standing outside the car, though he was in haze to me and I couldn’t make him out. I knew he was with her though.
PM sent for this bit.

Indigo Rose

huredriel said:

(((Huredriel))) Thank you for your thoughts, both here and in the PM. You have peeled back some more layers to this reading that I need to ponder. I feel you have made some excellent analysis, and I greatly appreciate your input.

Oh and oddly enough my mom called yesterday out of the blue. I haven't heard from her in months. Perhaps this dream was a pre-warning that I would have contact with her.

Thanks again, Huredriel. I will get back to you with feedback after I've thought this all through. :)

:heart: indigo rose

huredriel

Sorry I didn't get chance to go through it all yesterday, I'm actually doing this at work cos I don't have enough time on an evening.

Next batch:

I was so upset at her for coming to see me looking like this and acting so loose, that I just told her, “I’m leaving!” I got out of the car and couldn’t walk. My legs were just so weak and wobbly, plus I noticed I was wearing high heels too. I was aware they were watching me, and judging me. I wanted to just take off running, but I could barely walk. Despite this, I was determined to get away from her, so I kept struggling until I got away.
Strong emotions, stomach turning over I expect …….. Makes me think of the solar plexus chakra going out of balance, control issues? You also wearing heels …… so a connection to Mum, possible similarities you share, that you don't want. They were watching and judging you …….. But you were watching and judging them too. So the real life connection and of judgement …….. Plus also of yourself ……. Judging your inner mother perhaps? Letting the inner critic come out? ……. Can't deal with it so you have to escape? Why couldn't you embrace her? Offer acceptance through unconditional love? Is this showing the past?

As I walking down the road I came to an old style village with a town square. It was a multi-ethnic community and every one was dancing; just having fun. I decided I wanted to join them. I started dancing and saw the word SALSA. I then realized that’s the dance they were doing. I was trying to remember the dance steps and couldn’t. Then I looked down at the ground and saw pictures of shoes, which were numbered like a diagram for the dance moves. I tried to follow the pictures and still couldn’t get it. I decided to say the heck with it and just move to the music in my own way. That’s what I did too. I just danced and had a good time. The people around me didn’t seem to mind. We were all just having fun. I felt like we were all connected and it was just really beautiful. Then I had to stop. I knew it was time to go back home. So I turned around to leave.
New place, trying to have new views but it's *old style* ……. Makes me think that there's a return to *old style values* …… looking at the square, the foundations ….. Where everyone is in harmony …… and of course you want to belong there :) ….. You specifically see the word salsa, would suggest looking up the numerology for that ……. But I also googled it ….. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salsa_(dance) ……… and I'm pretty sure I heard on the tv the other night that this is not only a partner dance, but a very sexual one at that. And you can't remember how to dance it …… would suggest a link between the dance and thoughts on mum etc etc. Grounding, stability ……. Your roots ….. So you go back to basics …… still a problem …… sod it, you'll do what you want ……. So would suggest a recurring cycle here that you need to learn from rather than ignoring and compensating for in other ways, and you're quite happy doing that. Time to stop, time to go home …….. Which makes me think of your connection to GoD and the *source* …… time to reconnect at the root, basics, primitive force?

ADDED - I found this website through google which gives the numbers for the alphabet:

http://www.starlightnumerology.com/numbertable.htm

so that would make SALSA ..... 1 - 1 - 3 - 1 - 1 ... does that sequence mean anything to you (as I know you do get recurring number patterns) ...... also adds to 7 ...... Chariot ..... control issues again perhaps ....... needing to steer your course carefully?

I walked out of this town and hit the pathway. I was running fast, and leaping over things in my way. Each jump got higher and higher. I climbed a tall hedge, grasping the bush with my fingers. I remember grasping it and pieces of moss fell off into my hands. I was determined and I made it to the top. I saw another group of multi-ethnic people and they were cheering me on; encouraging me to keep going…that I could make it home. I saw a man flip the lid to a large plastic garbage can(something my hubby did in real life the day before). I ran and jumped on the top of the lid and heard it click. I used it as a spring board to jump through the air. I then landed at the base of another tall hedge.
Escape is gathering momentum, as you get further away from the influence so you can move more freely. However obstacles kept appearing and trying to slow you down. The further along you go, the higher they get. It feels to me (just my opinion) as if whatever you are running from is very deeply hidden & needs to be dealt with. Jumps turned into hedge. Found this through google (I love google LOL):

Psychological Meaning: This dream may represent the restrictions and obstacles you believe are inhibiting your progress. The restrictions that you intend to overcome may be psychological or material. If you dream of cutting a hedge this may suggest that you have accepted an immovable obstacle and are making the best of a bad situation.

Mystical Meaning: To dream of cutting a hedge means that good luck is on its way.

And Moss:
To dream of moss, denotes that you will fill dependent positions, unless the moss grows in rich soil, when you will be favored with honors.

Dreams about moss reflect our worries about money and material things. Looking at moss: chances are good to receive money. Sitting on a mound of moss denotes good health and well-being.

Patience, the passage of time, humbleness. Also moss in a dream can represent the idea of something that improves or thrives when it's left alone or kept out of the spotlight - as moss thrives in places the sun does not reach.

Since moss thrives in the dark, then would say that your hedge/obstacles have unconsciously been thriving as the root is hidden & you haven't been able to shed any light on them. A need to go back or delve to illuminate. By doing so (grasping) means you will be able to tear down the obstacle but it sounds as if it will need patience as it's so tall. Here though you are trying to go over it, and I would take the multi-ethnic group to be your inner supporters who are cheering you on. Only thing is, do they come from that village? If so, it could be old patterns that are wanting you to keep running - does that make sense? Then you land at yet another obstacle. Would ask what is the feeling that is spurring you on.

This time I planned to jump all the way to the top. So I stood there bouncing on my feet, stretching my legs out, and cheering myself on saying, “I can do this, I know I can do this….I just have to believe and try.” Just then I did it!! I leapt so high I reached the top of this hedge. I climbed over it and I was on an old college campus with lamp posts and little walk paths. To my right was a large Solarium like Café; very exclusive looking. I knew this is the way I had to go to get to my mom, through this café, even though I felt out of place there. I noticed the place was empty except for two men seated at a table talking off to the right. They appeared sort of hazy to me, but I could tell one was a younger man(most likely a student) and the other was older(most likely a teacher). I made my way across the café to the left and through the exit door into a hallway.

Perseverance, determination. You got through another obstacle ………. And then into the area of college, a place of higher learning ;) …… google brought this forward:

To dream that you are in college, indicates that you are going through some social or cultural changes. You may be wanting to expand your knowledge and awareness. It also suggest that now is a good time for you to experiment and try new things.

If you had gone to college in your past, then also consider your personal experiences and memories of your college days. However, if you are currently in college, then it may be a reflection of your current surroundings. It may also represent stress.

Lamp posts = light, little paths = choices ……. Different methods/routes to get where you want to go. Right feels to me to be future/higher road …… solarium café …….. Solarium = sun ……. Egoic mind ……. Possibly all that conditioning again. Also light …… clarity & knowledge of the self ……. Should you go in & absorb its energy ……. Exclusive looking …. Select, invitees only? However what really strikes me here …… is the reversal ……. You are running away from your mum ……. And now you are trying to get to her!!!! Big point I feel. So climbing over those obstacles …… jumping, leaping running & eventually you're going back, I want to say *are you tired yet* at this point. Out of place …… new place, new feelings ……. New territory to be examined :) ……. Two men could be guides? Do you think there could one of yours and one of your mum's? Especially with them being hazy? Teacher/student aspect could also denote both your masculine aspects here ……. Both within your own self, and also learning from mum/or she learning from you? Hallway …… denotes corridor ….. Which I usually think of as the *present* …. With doors to either side ….. Left for past, right for future ……..

huredriel

Next bit:

The hallway was very old and collegiate; like I was in the corridor of an exclusive school. I entered a door and into this small conference room.

Would ask which side was this door on?

In front of me my mother sat with a man on the couch. She was the age she is now. The man I couldn’t see, I just was aware there was a man there.

Would ask here …… does it seem as if your mum has to have a man around in her life and are you secondary to whomever that would be (sorry, I don't know if she & your dad are still together).

I had to sit down next to him. She was on the other side of him, leaning forward and looking very judgmentally at me like, “Well what do you have to say for yourself?”

This could be the inner mother, the inner critic or a message highlighting your perception of your real mum.

I felt her smugness and expectation of me confessing that I was the one who was wrong.

Will be devil's advocate here to so speak ;) …….. Did she tell you that she thought these things of you, or were you assuming? Could this be your own perception?

It hurt me and made me angry. I remember crying inside of myself…not audibly. I longed for justice and acknowledgement; that someone would see how she hurt me, and the wrongs she did to me.

And here is the inner child & her pain, which I feel shows some need for healing still.

Just then I could feel the arms of the man next to me wrap around me and hug me. It was like my father or God…I could feel him comforting me and acknowledging me, but I couldn’t see him. It really healed my heart, and made me feel peace; like someone truly understood what I had been through with my mother.

Would say that this is your faith & a connection to GoD or source. As the passageway has also led you to him, perhaps there's a spiritual message asking you to heal with mum so as to progress your connection with your GoD?

I looked up and saw a TV monitor to the left and a bookshelf to the right. I noticed a picture of the real Sun as seen from satellites in space. I think this imagery came from the fact that in real-life I was making my own Sun Tarot card before I went to bed last night.

To dream that you are watching television, represents your brain, mind and its flowing thoughts. It shows how you are receiving, integrating, and expressing your ideas/thoughts. The programs you dream of watching is an objective view of the things that are in your mind.

To see a bookcase in your dreams, signifies that you will associate knowledge with your work and pleasure. Empty bookcases, imply that you will be put out because of lack of means or facility for work.

To see a bookshelf in your dream, represents the various levels of your mind where ideas, concepts, and memories are kept. It also suggests your need to acquire some information or knowledge in a situation before making your decision

To me this makes me think of the left/right brain activities ………. Tv = logical side; bookshelf = intuitive side. So which one had the sun on it? Would also see that as a link to the solarium café. Looking at it from space could also indicate that you are looking at things in this room from a higher perspective i.e. not on this planet/realm.

huredriel

And lastly:

Anyhow, as I was watching the Sun I heard the name ‘James’ called out. Just then the door to my right opened and a young man came in the room. In real-life my brother-in-law’s name is James (today is his 37th birthday), but I couldn’t recognize the young man coming in the room as he was in haze. I noticed an older man seated, who was also in haze to me, but he was seated like a gatekeeper to the young man coming in. The young man said I’ve come to make my confession, and began confessing his sin to this older man; as if he were a priest. I just kept my focus on the Sun in the TV monitor. I was sort of embarrassed that we were all sitting here listening to this man’s confession. I can’t remember what he confessed, but I immediately felt indignant. That is not a sin! I said to myself. I couldn’t speak though, and had to hold my tongue. However, I was so upset at the priest for ‘taking his confession’ and allowing this young man to believe he was in sin when I ‘knew’ without a doubt what he was talking about was not a sin. I was comforted as I looked up at the Sun in the monitor that I was correct in what I felt, but for the time being I couldn’t share it with anyone and had to be silent. So I left the room.

JAMES ……. 1 - 1 - 4 - 5 - 1 =12/Hanged Man …… so this could be prophetic, that James will come & apologise & try to make amends. It could also be that he will serve as a bridge between you and mum. However, although his name was given, you didn't recognise the young man as such. After re-reading properly through the thread (should have done that first eh!) …… could this be because his connection to you is tenuous? That he wasn't in full support for you or that he has things hidden? Interesting that only men are hazy - not sure what to make of that at the moment. It feels like there's something going on, on the outskirts that isn't really that important but has a knock-on effect for you with your mum. So the older man is a priest/counsellor/helper ….. But why the embarrassment? If he were meant to be in proper confession, wouldn't there have been privacy? Which would lead to me thinking that you needed to hear what he was talking about. And it brought up feelings of indignation in you. It was emotive. You had to keep shut, your throat chakra closed ……. Even though you knew he had done nothing wrong ……. What can you equate that to in your life? Can you then take that further to include the priest …… and see who that would be in your life/past. You couldn't do anything about this so you left the room ……. To me denotes acceptance …… and progression forwards.

I was then outside in the driver’s side of a car. I was on a circular drive way that was all brick; sort of old-world like. My sister was standing on the drive and I knew I was supposed to drive her somewhere. However as I started driving I felt as if I had a flat tire in the front left side. I called out to her to ask her if she noticed a flat. She just ignored me and stared off, aloof. I was so upset with her for ignoring me; especially since I was supposed to drive her somewhere. I couldn't understand why she didn't acknowledge me if even for her own sake since she needed a ride. I then was awakened to the phone ringing.

And more progression …….. Back into a car, and in the driver's side ……. Taking charge of your own life. However the drive way is circular which brings to mind *going round in circles* again …… old-world ……. Old-fashioned values …… or the past! Now its your sister …….. Not your mum …… how alike are they? How much of their lives have they done the same? How many behaviour patterns copy each other? Would take it that she is also in the way of the car if she's not in it ……. So while she's supposed to be doing one thing (could this be her faith) …. She's doing another (not walking her talk)? So off you go …. Doing your thing ……. Tyre deflates (you feel deflated) …… but it is another obstacle in moving forward ……. So while you feel you are supposed to be driving her somewhere, you can't ………. Could this be that she has to learn to help herself? And people very often do cut their noses off to spite their face …… could it be not to rise to your mum using your sister as bait?

Now some real-life stuff to fill in the missing pieces. I am estranged from my mother and sister after a falling out which started in June of 06 and came to a breaking point in Sept 06. I have not had any contact with my sister or her husband since last year. My mother and I have had minimal contact, with the last time being last spring. Today is James’ birthday. That is the only logical thought as to why his name popped up in the dream; though he himself did not appear in the dream. As for the man sitting next to mother, it could have been my dad or even the essence of God the Father. My dad died in 2004, and we were very close. My mother and I have a long history of relationship struggles. It’s way to long and personal, but the dream sequence definitely reveals a bit of this struggle in my life.

Sorry, have read this as I've gone along with it. Would ask the feeling of the man hugging you …… was it familiar like Dad? If so, would suggest he is watching from above …… if not, that it is either a guide or essence of spirit/God.

You've also said that your mum has now just got back in touch again. Whilst the dream to me does state that there is a need for connection ……. I would take it that this is to be for your own healing purposes (yes, be selfish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) ….. Not necessarily to re-connect as a loving family. To be able to learn from the past, heal those cycles and NOT repeat them ……… if of the throat chakra/control issues …… then to stand up for yourself as an individual ……. Vocally as well as physically :) …… can be a very scary prospect, especially when one is not used to doing so. You must only take responsibility for yourself, not for your mum or sister ……. Sounds as if they play on being in victim mode and manipulate that ……. Which can play havoc for those that try to deal with things from a gentle & loving heart! Not easy if these are the lessons ahead but I know you can & will get through them with as much grace & dignity as possible :)

Hugs & also thanks for letting me interp on this, as it's great for my learning too!!!

Indigo Rose

WOW!!! I am so amazed at the work you put into this dream! THANK YOU, Huredriel. You know I prayed about it before I posted on this dream. I even did a yes/no spread to ask if it was a good idea to post it. I got a yes answer with the advice being the 3 of Pentacles. I used the Robin Wood deck, and in that one he is busy carving out the stone in the chapel. I see now how true that card is in showing the reason for posting the dream. You and others here are helping me work through this intricate and multi-layered dream. I feel really blessed to have you all to take my dreams to for help. :)

I am going to post the feedback from your interpretations from yesterday. I will have to take the rest and post into Word and go through in greater detail tomorrow. WOW!!! Thank you again!!

Here is feedback from your first posts:

huredriel said:

Could this be you & hubby in your spiritual home? I expect you do still have son's belongings in the real house, but possibly also taking on some worries to do with him at the moment? Dining table = eating, sharing ....... family coming together ..... if I remember rightly, son has moved out of the house, so now you have to re-arrange things to spend time together? Some disagreement/debate as to how to organise, but you are right in the end. Shows nice compromise in relationship. More room, more space ...... more freedom to move?

Yes, our son moved and remains on his own. We do have him over every Sunday. We also have been worrying about him and the stresses he is having with his roommate. We’ve spent the better part of this year adjusting to having the house to ourselves. When it’s just the two of you, there is a different dynamic to the relationship. I think we have realized greater relationship harmony through these changes.

huredriel said:
I also read on a site the other night, where the first sentence/section of a dream actually gives you the subject matter ...... if that's true ...... then would suggest that this dream is all about spiritual relationships & communication issues.

That is interesting. I will keep that in mind for future dreams. Yes I agree with your thoughts on the subject of this dream.

huredriel said:
Added - if we take all figures as aspects of the self ..... then here a nice balance of the masculine & feminine within ........ and would suggest that the son is part of the inner child ....... so some baggage still to do with that?

There is a lot of male/female distinctions made in this dream. It seems I am struggling with this in some way. Perhaps it has to do with feeling a lack of power. My childhood was a mixed bag. I had lots of cool experiences and a varied exposure to diverse elements of life. However, we had struggles which created instability. It seems like the Tower card best describes certain facets of my childhood. Life seemed to destabilize and get turned upside down frequently. In addition, I had to be responsible for my baby sister. You are quite correct that I struggle with control issues. I think I learned from an early age that if I wanted security and protection for myself I had to be in control. In some ways, I was almost more a parent than a child in childhood. Then I had my son the month after I turned 21, so I’ve spent all of my adult life to this past year as a parent…having to be in charge of someone else and maintain control.

huredriel said:
We go from movement to stationery. From home to car, mode of transport. A period of adjustment? Something back to front here. A thought here is that your mother isn't as spiritually advanced and you are having to wait for her to play *catch up*. Back seat also denotes that you are not the one in control here ..... if there are control issues, then this could be a very uncomfortable feeling.

Yes, feeling a lack of control was a HUGE problem in childhood and one I struggle with still…as I described. Also, my mother was only 19 when I was born. She was always a very young and ‘hip’ mom. However, we had more of an antagonistic sister-like relationship; with me sometimes even being more of a parent mindset. She always said I was an old soul. She believed in reincarnation, and told me she believed I may have been her parent in a previous lifetime. Given the way our life went, I have to say I could believe it. Your thoughts above really connect to this element of my relationship with my mom.

huredriel said:
Added - could this also be something to do with your role as *mother* or the inner mother aspect?

You nailed it! Going through your feedback made me think deeply on this and you are right on!!

huredriel said:
PM sent for this bit.

Return PM on the way.

You’ve exposed some things that I needed to look at and come to terms with in myself.
Thank you for your insight and wisdom, Huredriel.

Indigo Rose

By the way, I had another very long and involved dream last night...featuring my family. I think going through this dream and the interpretations is having the effect of peeling away layers which I've hidden under for a very long time. For some reason...perhaps the season...I am very qued into my dreams right now; dreaming frequently with great details. I am keeping a journal on all these crazy dreams.

Thanks again for all of your help. I will return feedback tomorrow.

Indigo Rose

Huredriel said:
Strong emotions, stomach turning over I expect …….. Makes me think of the solar plexus chakra going out of balance, control issues? You also wearing heels …… so a connection to Mum, possible similarities you share, that you don't want. They were watching and judging you …….. But you were watching and judging them too. So the real life connection and of judgement …….. Plus also of yourself ……. Judging your inner mother perhaps? Letting the inner critic come out? ……. Can't deal with it so you have to escape? Why couldn't you embrace her? Offer acceptance through unconditional love? Is this showing the past?

Yes I see that inner critic and judge emerging here, as well. Children who grow up criticized, judged, and shamed will in turn learn to be a critic, a judge, and shaming…most especially when it comes to the self. Control issues are very much at the heart of this dream; as well as dealing with all those harsh feelings of being judged and shamed. I think you raise a good question. Why couldn’t I embrace her? That is so completely interesting. I had an aversion to my mother from an early age. I used to resist her hugs and push her away when I was little. In most pictures of me as a baby or small child, where she is holding me I am crying. I don’t know why I felt a lack of trust for her from my earliest memory. I didn’t feel I could trust her, and I didn’t. My life has ultimately proven my earliest instincts to be accurate. Whether this was a part self-fulfilling prophecy and part Destiny…actually perhaps it’s both…I don’t know, but she indeed has demonstrated repeatedly over my entire lifespan that I can’t trust her with any part of my heart. With our most recent split(06), I was reminded of the reasons I stayed away. All of the past insecurities, inadequacies, and feelings of betrayal came back to me and I just felt overwhelmed. I ‘ve spent the better part of this past year processing this and weeding through all of it. I think that’s why I’ve been having so many dreams lately.

Huredriel said:
New place, trying to have new views but it's *old style* ……. Makes me think that there's a return to *old style values* …… looking at the square, the foundations ….. Where everyone is in harmony …… and of course you want to belong there ….. You specifically see the word salsa, would suggest looking up the numerology for that ……. But I also googled it ….. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salsa_(dance) ……… and I'm pretty sure I heard on the tv the other night that this is not only a partner dance, but a very sexual one at that. And you can't remember how to dance it …… would suggest a link between the dance and thoughts on mum etc etc. Grounding, stability ……. Your roots ….. So you go back to basics …… still a problem …… sod it, you'll do what you want ……. So would suggest a recurring cycle here that you need to learn from rather than ignoring and compensating for in other ways, and you're quite happy doing that. Time to stop, time to go home …….. Which makes me think of your connection to GoD and the *source* …… time to reconnect at the root, basics, primitive force?

There is a sexual dynamic here. You are point on, but due to the nature of the content I am sending a PM on this one.

Huredriel said:
ADDED - I found this website through google which gives the numbers for the alphabet:

http://www.starlightnumerology.com/numbertable.htm

so that would make SALSA ..... 1 - 1 - 3 - 1 - 1 ... does that sequence mean anything to you (as I know you do get recurring number patterns) ...... also adds to 7 ...... Chariot ..... control issues again perhaps ....... needing to steer your course carefully?

Yes, 7 is my personality number or all the consonants in my name added together. Further, the Chariot is connected to the sign of Cancer…my Mother’s family was very Matriarchal…and three generations of Cancer first-borns…Great-Grandmother, Grandmother, and my Mother were all Cancers. I however, am not. I was the firstborn, but am Pisces… so beating to a little different drum than they were. However, my Moon is in the 4th house so the Cancer ways are not completely foreign to me. I can also see the control issues at work here too. All of the above apply. Thanks for this numerological component, as it really illuminates the hidden meaning of that word in my dream. :thumbsup:

Huredriel said:
Escape is gathering momentum, as you get further away from the influence so you can move more freely. However obstacles kept appearing and trying to slow you down. The further along you go, the higher they get. It feels to me (just my opinion) as if whatever you are running from is very deeply hidden & needs to be dealt with. Jumps turned into hedge. Found this through google (I love google LOL):

Psychological Meaning: This dream may represent the restrictions and obstacles you believe are inhibiting your progress. The restrictions that you intend to overcome may be psychological or material. If you dream of cutting a hedge this may suggest that you have accepted an immovable obstacle and are making the best of a bad situation. Mystical Meaning: To dream of cutting a hedge means that good luck is on its way.

I relate to these hedges as obstacles. I think they are both psychological, but also real obstacles too. It’s a mix. They seemed immovable, but not insurmountable to me as I climbed them and even jumped over them.

Huredriel said:
And Moss:
To dream of moss, denotes that you will fill dependent positions, unless the moss grows in rich soil, when you will be favored with honors.
Dreams about moss reflect our worries about money and material things. Looking at moss: chances are good to receive money. Sitting on a mound of moss denotes good health and well-being.

The meanings of moss in a dream are very interesting. I do have material worries, so I can see that fitting in here. Of course it ended up in my hands as I was climbing the hedge. Perhaps that is a favorable omen. However, I resent money and material confinements; though I am certainly desirous of material security I would rather be poor and have love…to share and see others have too. I really have come to resent money and capitalism. I am sending a PM on the rest of my thoughts on this matter.

Huredriel said:
Patience, the passage of time, humbleness. Also moss in a dream can represent the idea of something that improves or thrives when it's left alone or kept out of the spotlight - as moss thrives in places the sun does not reach.

Since moss thrives in the dark, then would say that your hedge/obstacles have unconsciously been thriving as the root is hidden & you haven't been able to shed any light on them. A need to go back or delve to illuminate. By doing so (grasping) means you will be able to tear down the obstacle but it sounds as if it will need patience as it's so tall. Here though you are trying to go over it, and I would take the multi-ethnic group to be your inner supporters who are cheering you on. Only thing is, do they come from that village? If so, it could be old patterns that are wanting you to keep running - does that make sense? Then you land at yet another obstacle. Would ask what is the feeling that is spurring you on.

The running makes sense, yes. That is how I have most often dealt with my mother; run. Also, the multi-ethnic and village symbolism I feel represents what I believe in and feel the world should be like. It goes back to what I shared about Socialism. I resent hierarchies of wealth and status symbols. I feel the world is a village, and all people should be equal.

Huredriel said:
Perseverance, determination. You got through another obstacle ………. And then into the area of college, a place of higher learning …… google brought this forward:

To dream that you are in college, indicates that you are going through some social or cultural changes. You may be wanting to expand your knowledge and awareness. It also suggest that now is a good time for you to experiment and try new things.

If you had gone to college in your past, then also consider your personal experiences and memories of your college days. However, if you are currently in college, then it may be a reflection of your current surroundings. It may also represent stress.

College is where I first learned how to distance myself and objectify my personal experiences, to the degree of finding greater functional ability in dealing with my family issues. Perhaps this is a touchstone of that learning experience to remind me that I can overcome my difficulties by applying detachment and reason to the situation. I can certainly see that I’ve allowed my emotional responses to dominate my responses to the struggles with my family over the past few years. Losing my father pulled the rug out from me. He was a rock and someone I truly trusted in my life. His death has had a profound effect on me, and I’ve found myself living more through my emotions and less through my reasoning.

Huredriel said:
Lamp posts = light, little paths = choices ……. Different methods/routes to get where you want to go. Right feels to me to be future/higher road …… solarium café …….. Solarium = sun ……. Egoic mind ……. Possibly all that conditioning again. Also light …… clarity & knowledge of the self ……. Should you go in & absorb its energy ……. Exclusive looking …. Select, invitees only? However what really strikes me here …… is the reversal ……. You are running away from your mum ……. And now you are trying to get to her!!!! Big point I feel. So climbing over those obstacles …… jumping, leaping running & eventually you're going back, I want to say *are you tired yet* at this point. Out of place …… new place, new feelings ……. New territory to be examined ……. Two men could be guides? Do you think there could one of yours and one of your mum's? Especially with them being hazy? Teacher/student aspect could also denote both your masculine aspects here ……. Both within your own self, and also learning from mum/or she learning from you? Hallway …… denotes corridor ….. Which I usually think of as the *present* …. With doors to either side ….. Left for past, right for future …….

You know it occurs to me that perhaps the boy is me, and the man is my father. I was close to him and he was someone who taught me so much about life. We are kind of like Astro-Twins. He was a Pisces Sun/Gemini Rising with Mercury in Aries in the 11th….just like me. Further I have a Venus in Aquarius, and he was Mars in Aquarius. I could just intuit him without words; I knew what he was thinking and what he needed from me. There is something about masculine energy which I learned to trust, versus feminine energy which seemed unstable and inconstant. That may be what this dream is drawing out, and why I favor the Male representation of God over the Goddess view. The Male God or Father is loving and protective, loyal and fair; but to my heart and mind I associate living under a Goddess with judgment, ridicule, instability, feelings of inadequacy, deception, illusion, and lack of power; being subject to her whims of emotions or hunger for ego satisfaction.
Huredriel said:
Would ask which side was this door on?

The door was on to my right.

Huredriel said:
Would ask here …… does it seem as if your mum has to have a man around in her life and are you secondary to whomever that would be (sorry, I don't know if she & your dad are still together).

I am secondary to whomever else she is with…be it a man, my sister, a job, or anyone/anything. It has always seemed necessary to her to have someone or something put before me to remind me of how secondary I am to her.

Huredriel said:
This could be the inner mother, the inner critic or a message highlighting your perception of your real mum.

This could certainly be highlighting my inner critic. Judgment is the name of the game in Mother’s family. I have learned that lesson well, and find I am quite the terrific critic myself.

Huredriel said:
Will be devil's advocate here to so speak …….. Did she tell you that she thought these things of you, or were you assuming? Could this be your own perception?

No she didn’t tell me in this dream, but has told me plenty in real life. I have become conditioned to expect it to the degree that I can’t really see anything else. However, I see where that can become a self-fulfilling prophecy too. The truth is I really am struggling with how to view my mother. I have just been hurt too much and too often to feel safe, or to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Huredriel said:
And here is the inner child & her pain, which I feel shows some need for healing still.

Yes, quite right. :(

Huredriel said:
Would say that this is your faith & a connection to GoD or source. As the passageway has also led you to him, perhaps there's a spiritual message asking you to heal with mum so as to progress your connection with your GoD?

I believe this is very true. It is essential to forgive and seek peace in order to have a close connection to God. That is why these issues with Mother are so challenging for me. I know I MUST overcome them, and truly want to…but I have wrestled with the feelings of injustice and that blocks me from deeper connection to God sometimes.

Huredriel said:
To dream that you are watching television, represents your brain, mind and its flowing thoughts. It shows how you are receiving, integrating, and expressing your ideas/thoughts. The programs you dream of watching is an objective view of the things that are in your mind.

Interesting that I was focusing on the Sun; the Masculine principle. It comforted me, and I even received a hug from the Male Presence in the room. I think this all just points back to my feelings that the Father is safe and comforting, where the mother is condemning and shaming.

Huredriel said:
To see a bookcase in your dreams, signifies that you will associate knowledge with your work and pleasure. Empty bookcases, imply that you will be put out because of lack of means or facility for work.

To see a bookshelf in your dream, represents the various levels of your mind where ideas, concepts, and memories are kept. It also suggests your need to acquire some information or knowledge in a situation before making your decision

To me this makes me think of the left/right brain activities ………. Tv = logical side; bookshelf = intuitive side. So which one had the sun on it?

This is interesting. The Sun in the TV monitor was on the left side, where the books where on the right. I can see the split between those two dynamics. I was trusting and focusing on the left…the Sun…so the logical/male energy was what comforted me in this room; not the female or intuitive energy. What is so troubling about this is that I am highly intuitive. Since my father’s passing I have grown more intuitive and less analytical. It’s like he kept me grounded and fed the ‘male’ side of me. With him gone, I have become far less connected to my inner male self; feeling more vulnerable and subject to my emotions.

Huredriel said:
Would also see that as a link to the solarium café. Looking at it from space could also indicate that you are looking at things in this room from a higher perspective i.e. not on this planet/realm.

Interesting thoughts here…I can see that as also applicable because I seek to view things from a higher perspective. I especially need to in this situation to detach myself from the emotional turmoil that comes along with it.

Huredriel said:
JAMES ……. 1 - 1 - 4 - 5 - 1 =12/Hanged Man …… so this could be prophetic, that James will come & apologise & try to make amends. It could also be that he will serve as a bridge between you and mum. However, although his name was given, you didn't recognise the young man as such. After re-reading properly through the thread (should have done that first eh!) …… could this be because his connection to you is tenuous? That he wasn't in full support for you or that he has things hidden?

I think you are point on. PM sent here to clarify.

Huredriel said:
Interesting that only men are hazy - not sure what to make of that at the moment. It feels like there's something going on, on the outskirts that isn't really that important but has a knock-on effect for you with your mum. So the older man is a priest/counsellor/helper ….. But why the embarrassment? If he were meant to be in proper confession, wouldn't there have been privacy? Which would lead to me thinking that you needed to hear what he was talking about. And it brought up feelings of indignation in you. It was emotive. You had to keep shut, your throat chakra closed ……. Even though you knew he had done nothing wrong ……. What can you equate that to in your life? Can you then take that further to include the priest …… and see who that would be in your life/past. You couldn't do anything about this so you left the room ……. To me denotes acceptance …… and progression forwards.

I think the male haziness may have been there to draw out the distinction between the male and female energies. The female was dominate and visible. That is how it has been in my mother’s family…and with my mother...and my sister too. The men are always easily replaced, and far less important than the women. I have truly resented that, and been protective of the males in my life because of it.

Huredriel said:
And more progression …….. Back into a car, and in the driver's side ……. Taking charge of your own life. However the drive way is circular which brings to mind *going round in circles* again …… old-world ……. Old-fashioned values …… or the past! Now its your sister …….. Not your mum …… how alike are they? How much of their lives have they done the same? How many behaviour patterns copy each other?

They are very much alike, and as my sister has grown older she is almost like her twin.

Huredriel said:
Would take it that she is also in the way of the car if she's not in it ……. So while she's supposed to be doing one thing (could this be her faith) …. She's doing another (not walking her talk)? So off you go …. Doing your thing ……. Tyre deflates (you feel deflated) …… but it is another obstacle in moving forward ……. So while you feel you are supposed to be driving her somewhere, you can't ………. Could this be that she has to learn to help herself? And people very often do cut their noses off to spite their face …… could it be not to rise to your mum using your sister as bait?

My sister is 5 + years younger than me. My mother made me responsible for her. Needless to say, I carry an incessant guilt complex that I am somehow responsible to look after my sister like a parent. It has led to a dysfunctional relationship, to say the least. She doesn’t want or need me and has basically told me to drop off the planet. Why in the world I was still trying to drive that stupid car is beyond me. Clearly the message here is to abandon ship. Get out of the loop, and move on. She can take care of herself.

Huredriel said:
Sorry, have read this as I've gone along with it. Would ask the feeling of the man hugging you …… was it familiar like Dad? If so, would suggest he is watching from above …… if not, that it is either a guide or essence of spirit/God.

Yes, whether God allowed my dad’s spirit or an angel or guide I don’t know…but it was the essence of male love and protection; of acknowledgment of me being loved and cared for by someone strong and in control.

Huredriel said:
You've also said that your mum has now just got back in touch again. Whilst the dream to me does state that there is a need for connection ……. I would take it that this is to be for your own healing purposes (yes, be selfish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) ….. Not necessarily to re-connect as a loving family. To be able to learn from the past, heal those cycles and NOT repeat them ……… if of the throat chakra/control issues …… then to stand up for yourself as an individual ……. Vocally as well as physically …… can be a very scary prospect, especially when one is not used to doing so. You must only take responsibility for yourself, not for your mum or sister ……. Sounds as if they play on being in victim mode and manipulate that ……. Which can play havoc for those that try to deal with things from a gentle & loving heart! Not easy if these are the lessons ahead but I know you can & will get through them with as much grace & dignity as possible

Hugs & also thanks for letting me interp on this, as it's great for my learning too!!!

Your advice is excellent! I agree with you that I have to break the cycle. This dream really seems to show me the need to move on. I already feel like a wound has been drained and can heal, just from going through this dream and all of the insights given to me by you…and others who have shared their thoughts.
I feel this dream and the interpretations will be something to guide me forward into healing.

Thank you so much for the time and energy you took on helping me, Huredriel!!