Pearls of Wisdom Tarot

Strange2

7th House Publishing has just released a new deck called the Pearls of Widsom tarot.

http://7th-house.com/decks.html

Artwork is by Roxi Sims and the 94 page booklet is by Caeli Fullbrite.

The artwork is colorful, full of imagery, and expresses a unique personal vision. In style it reminds me a bit of Walter Wegmuller's Neuzeit Tarot or Ziguener Tarot. The minors are scenic, and some cards have hints of RWS imagery.

The cards are 120 x 82 mm, or 4 3/4 x 3 in.

I have attached a sampler scan of the card backs, the Lovers, 2 of Swords, and Page of Wands.

Attachments

• pearls_of_wisdom_sampler_400.jpg
    pearls_of_wisdom_sampler_400.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 593

lunakasha

WOW....that looks like a very interesting and colorful deck!

And I happen to be a Wegmuller fan so.....this will not be easily resisted, LOL!

What do you think of it so far, Strange2???
The price is very reasonable (although I can't find the shipping amount without ordering)....how is the quality???

I am very curious....any thoughts and opinions would be welcome, thanks.
Oh and if you wanted to scan a few more cards, just to push me over the edge....})

:) Luna

Strange2

The card stock is sturdy, with a smooth but slightly sticky finish. Would probably help to use some fanning powder on the cards.

Shipping was $8.95 in U.S.

I have not yet read with the cards, but with the expressive dreamlike imagery and multiple symbols on the cards, I think they would provide a flexible platform for creative and personal interpretations.

There are few more images on the 7th House site, which may entice you...

lunakasha

Strange2 said:
The card stock is sturdy, with a smooth but slightly sticky finish. Would probably help to use some fanning powder on the cards.

Shipping was $8.95 in U.S.

I have not yet read with the cards, but with the expressive dreamlike imagery and multiple symbols on the cards, I think they would provide a flexible platform for creative and personal interpretations.

There are few more images on the 7th House site, which may entice you...

It worked like a charm....just ordered one from ebay, LOL!!! }) :D

They are just too pretty....and was afraid I might regret it if I hesitated too long.....obviously, I have little to no self-control.

Thanks Strange2 for the heads up....I will post my thoughts when it arrives.

:) Luna

HearthCricket

Wow...this reminds me a lot of the Tarot of the Trance!

thorhammer

*groans* I was just thinking I needed a deck to go with my more psychedelic music; Isis, Red Sparowes, Sleep, etc . . . and here it is! Another for the short list!

\m/ Kat

faunabay

I just saw this at a local metaphysical store here. I had never heard of it before and was surprised to see a deck I'd never heard of. :D Looks really interesting.

lunakasha

HearthCricket said:
Wow...this reminds me a lot of the Tarot of the Trance!

Yes, it does! That one and the Neuzeit, which is one of my favorites in the "psychedelic" genre....I love all the little details, and the bright colors.
I just got an email that it is shipping out tomorrow, so I won't have long to wait. :party:

And that really should do it for me, for awhile....just waiting on the Botticelli (from TG) and of course, Dark Sister.....})

:p Luna

Sulis

It looks lovely and yes it does look a bit like the Neuzeit Tarot, it reminds me a bit of the Amun Ra Tarot too.

lunakasha

Sulis said:
It looks lovely and yes it does look a bit like the Neuzeit Tarot, it reminds me a bit of the Amun Ra Tarot too.

Oh yes.....I wanted that one, waited for a long time for it to be published. But apparently the artist changed his mind....such a shame. :(