pendulums?

Eddie

Hi all bought myself a pendulum recently, been quite drawn to them for a while now, anyone out there use them with their readings? would really like to know more about how people use them x

ana luisa

Hi! That´s great you´re starting to work with the pendulum! I used my pendulums for health questions. I´d put it over a drawing of a person (full body) and ask where the energies were stagnant, imbalanced, etc. I sometimes concentrated on the chakras. My personal advice, try, just for fun, using instead of a thread, a strand of hair to hold the pendulum. The energy is amazing!

firefrost

I'm sure I've read in a thread somewhere round here that a reader uses them to choose the deck, which I thought sounded really good if you have three or four to choose from for a particular question.

Not tried it myself yet but I'm definitely going to.

starrystarrynight

I have a beautiful pendulum that my daughter gave me for my last birthday, but I can't seem to get anything close to accurate readings with it (and I tried for a few months.) I tried holding it still above my turned up palm and watching as it started to move either back and forth or in circles--which it did! But each time I did that, I asked which movement would indicate a Yes answer, which a No answer...it was different everytime, which I guess is okay for that session. But then, the answers it tended to give after that didn't ring true.

So, if anyone has any secrets, I'd like to hear them, too!

HearthCricket

Before I work with a pendulum, each time I program it. I hold it up still and let it start swaying, asking it to move. When it decides what direction I say this means yes. Then when it goes another direction I say this means no. (Back and forth seems to always be no, round means yes, for me, anyhow.) Then I ask the pendulum questions and see how they are.

It can be fun to see how well certain pendulums work for you, by asking someone honest to list 10 questions you don't know the answer to, but they do. See how well you do. You may connect better with one stone rather than another. I do best with my moonstone and rose quartz, less with my clear and amethyst. I have a gorgous aqua aura one I plan to train up during the holiday season! Good luck swinging! :)

Eddie

Maybe, its a question of getting to know the pendulum, do you think? I watched someone use one over a map to find a missing cat, He seemed to hold the pendulum by making soft circles and then as it went over a certain part of the map it stopped dead. In case you're interested, it was over an animal sanctuary, unfortunately don't know the outcome of that sad story.

Eddie

This really does give swinging a whole new meaning....LOL

clarity

I bought this lovely clear quartz pendulum and the energy is great. I use it to enhance any readings I do or just to ask about anything. Its been accurate so far in its predictions.

Before I use it I make sure to ground myself and say a blessing. Then I hold out my left palm and have it start to swing above my palm. I ask to show me a yes. It has always swung the same way every time--left, right. Then I ask for it to show me a no, and again it is always up-down. One thing I know is that I don't like pendulums on long strings, I find it's harder and takes longer for the pendulum to change directions. I prefer a shorter 3 to 4 inches string.

firefrost

My small amethyst pendulum goes up and down for 'yes' and in a circle for 'no'.

I'm going to do as HearthCricket advises and experiment with different ones.

I need to look for small inexpensive ones though, and drag myself away from the ones like the beautiful big Lapis Lazuli one that I didn't dare ask the price of in the shop!

Eddie

I have been using my clear quartz which has a green stone on top, so far so good ,Sometimes it just refuses to move, dead still, no answer, anyone experience this? and does anyone have any idea what this could mean. When this happened last, i head a strong vision of the HP in my minds eye, answer not available right now!!??
Anyone any experience of this?