I Have My Eye On A Ouija Board

ana luisa

I do have some opinions about the Ouija board. But , that´s me. Some people may strongly disagree but from what I have witnessed and done myself, it´s a VERY powerful tool for contacting the dead. The things is, you do have to be well grounded and get good spiritual protection before you work with one. Some think it´s always advisable to have at least two participating in a séance. I agree with them. You may bump into some not-so-good entities and that can be a bit scary. For more info on that, look at the other threads on the Ouija. I´m sure there are plenty here at the Forum.
BTW, the board you chose is simply gorgeous!

shotthebreeze

Thanks so much for your help. Are there any ways to find out if I have good spiritual protection? I wish to use this to speak with my grandfather who is, what I believe, my guide.

Baroli

I would ground the way you would when doing a reading and then use the board. That is a beautiful board btw.

I have had some very strange things happen with the Ouija board, so I would also say to be cautious when using it.

Baroli

shotthebreeze

What do you mean by "strange things" so I can look out for some of those signs. Like I said, I'm really new to the whole Ouija thing, but I think it's a wonderful tool to almost directly speak to my family.

They say to end the reading immediately if the board starts acting up. Is there a special way to close the board as well. I've heard of people "wiping it clean" so nothing can escape from it.

Pagan X

There's a yahoo group with a lot of information on Ouija boards, including out-of-print books.

Those fantom boards are incredible....

Another resource is The Museum of Talking Boards, a terrific website. It includes the Ziriyah board online, which is a whole-word board. Print it out on a piece of paper and you can use it one-handed with a pen as a planchette.

Both sites can be found using Google.

ana luisa

In my country, we do have a different Ouija. We call it the "glass". We make our own circle with letters and numbers and we use a virgin glass put in the center of the circle upside down as the "cursor". the index finger of all participants are posed on the base of the inverted glass. I have seen smoke form inside the glass; I have seen the glass turn all by itself and during a very dangerous séance, it literally flew out of the table and hit the wall. Of course, the glass was gone. And so was our desire to go on with that.
As to ending the session, I remember I read here something about it but I can´t remember where it was.You may try and have a look at the Search option for that. Try Ouija first.

Baroli

Let's see the strange things were at college. A bunch of us were messing around and we took it to a room that was quiet. We sat down and proceeded to ask it questions. Now this was the standard Parker Bros. Ouija board, nothing as nice as what you are looking at. Anyway we were asking questions you know the usual silly questions girls like to ask when I got the brilliant idea to ask it who it was.

"Who am I talking to?"

Ouija-"why do you want to know?"

"Who is here?"

Ouija-"I am here."

"Who are you?"

Well,with that, the planchette began to move by itsself because we had taken our hands off of it, and then the lights were flickering, and then the shades started to go up and the drapes were blowing around, like the windows were open, but they weren't. Then the ouija board flew off the table and onto the floor. At that point, we all flew out of the room and didn't go back until the next day.

Those kind of strange things.

I have had nice conversations with whoever was there, whether it was a guide or someone passing by, but I have also had wierd occurances like one I have described too.

Baroli

Pagan X

It's interesting to me as an American and as a Wiccan that so many people have physical phenomena happening during an Ouija board session and so few Witches have anything like that at rituals. Well, seance activity has been around for 150 some odd years, so that's part of it, and Wiccans don't expect it at rituals.

If you're expecting the lights to flicker, the curtains to move, etc. it isn't so frightening, rather exhilarating. Depending on your religious background, it can be a sign of strong mediumship or demons! (I vote for mediumship, but that's me.)

If you can do it consistently, you will make a ghosthunter's whole lifetime.

Baroli

Probably mediumship gets my vote as well, but I am a one of those Bible Bumpin' Baptists, who isn't supposed to truck with that kind of thing (Ouija boards that is), yet I read with the best of them, and have this rather unusual ability, (unusual in my group, not here, which is why I tend to hang out here more than with the latter), not to mention my hands flare up when there is an important message to be told. It's pretty cool.

We were young women in a college dorm, amusing ourselves and not thinking of pagan or wiccan rituals. At that time, (the 70s), we didn't know what those things were or represented.

All we knew was "When the Roll is called up Yonder, I'll be there." ~~ Old Hymn.

Baroli