Medicine Woman - 0 Seed

geministar

Number and Meaning: O, Openess to flow

Traditional Name: The Fool

Medicine Woman Energy: The Seed being Carried by the Wind

This is the first card in the deck. Rather than type out everything in the book about each particular card, I only copied out a few things above and then we can discuss anything else we want to about the card.

The picture in this card is of a girl who stands at the edge of a cliff. In one hand she holds a bowl full of seeds and with the other hand she takes a hand full of seeds and scatters then over the land.

At the bottom of the cliff we see a flowing river, land, trees. In the distance is hills and mountains and the sun is shining overhead.

geministar

What I love about this card when I look at it is the colours, especially the yellow. It is bright and energizing and intellectual too which is a perfect colour to use when starting off on a new journey. When something new is going on or about to start in your life it is always exciting and yellow expresses this.

The medicine woman energy of the seed being carried by the wind.

When I think of a seed, I think of it being planted in the ground. This is the start of the seed's journey. It has to be planted in good soil to grow, then it starts to shoot and in time if it is look after it grows even more and will possibly continue to flower and bloom even more.

When we start a journey, it usually starts as an idea (the seed) and as we move on in our journey, that is the plant sprouting. But we can only do well on our journey if we put alot of work into it, the same way as our plan/seed wont sprout unless we look after the soil and water it.

The Affirmation

The affirmation is telling me that it is ok to let go of the past and to think only in the present moment to create your future. We cannot stay stuck in other thoughts that are probably in the past because this slows our growth process down.

I also notice the girl in this card and how she looks as though she doesnt have a worry in the world. She looks open and free and is just taking life as it comes :)

blackstormhawk

I'm packing to move, so I don't have access to my book right now, so my impressions are going to be based on the cards themselves, rather than the author and artist's interpretations ...

The Seed strikes me as a card speaking of potential ... both of the individual, and that which one can bring out in others. The energy of the seed gets cast out into the world, into the winds, and may take root and grow on it's own if it finds rest in fertile soil, but moreso when nurtured. Even in adverse circumstances, life can flourish.

ocean_deep

0 Seed thoughts

First, thanks for this thread, I'm excited about it and looking forward to learning something new.

I am still getting to know this deck, but here are my thoughts on 0, Seed, the fool:

There seems to be two faces to every card, for this card I read these themes:
beginning, awakening, potential, inspiration, growth, fearlessness, bravery, trust, simplicity, movement
and
preparation, caution, warning, thoughtlessness, ignorance, fear

Many of you had similar interpretations.

Any thoughts about what those circular lines are down by the riverside on the card?

peace

blackstormhawk

ocean_deep said:
Any thoughts about what those circular lines are down by the riverside on the card?

I am looking at a very small online scan of the card and can't really tell ... is that possibly a medicine wheel or other representation of a sacred circle?

geministar

Yes I think Blackstormhawk might be right in that its some kind of medicine wheel. I looked up "medicine wheel" on wikipedia and this is what came up:

Medicine wheels are stone structures built by certain indigenous peoples of North America for various spiritual and ritual purposes.

Appearing mostly in Alberta, Canada, medicine wheels were built by laying out stones in a circular pattern that often looked like a wagon wheel lying on its side. The wheels could be large, reaching diameters of 75 feet. Although archeologists are not definite on the purpose of each medicine wheel, it is thought that they probably had ceremonial or astronomical significance.
Medicine wheels are still used today in the Native American spirituality, however most of the meaning behind them is not shared among non-Native peoples.

blackstormhawk

Medicine wheels are both like and unlike European versions of stone circles. They are all representations of sacred space, which is the commonality. The North American medicine wheels are not astronomical calculators like the European ones.

Different tribes construct their wheels differently. I have had the good fortune of being permitted to assist in the construction of a wheel, placing stones with prayers and gifts at the direction of the Medicine Person who was brought in to construct the wheel. It's a very powerful spiritual experience, as is the opportunity to pray at a wheel.

geministar

That would have been an amazing experience Blackstormhawk!

So what do you think is the similarity between a medicine wheel and the Seed card (Fool)?

blackstormhawk

I think the wheel is in the image as a reminder of the power of balance, of walking in beauty (in the Native American Sense), as all has to be in balance for a sown seed to flower ...

I am also reminded of the Scriptural Parable of the Seed.

Rev_Vesta

Hi just got this deck and love it........ already have done several readings with it and love the results......

This card speaks of taking that new journey, that new project,allowing yourself to plant the seeds so you can be ready to do all you can to nuture your growth in all aspects of your life.......

The Sun shining shows me the journey is a positive learning period for the querant...... the Sun Shines on the situation..........

But standing on the edge of the cliff prepares us to be totally aware of the environment around us at all times on this journey........ it's not about the destiny but the journey, the paths you are taking at this time.......

That Circle looks more like a Labrynth... contemplate as you take each turn on this journey... feel everything within you... everything around you....when you get to the centre......spend a few moments in silence in reflection then as you walk outwards contemplate the future you wish to create in your life....

My Opinion....

Vesta