Ripples of Consequence spread

Sidhe-Ra

This is from my new Transparent Tarot, but I wonder if it could be adapted to fit standard Tarot? I thought I'd share, anyway, partly to see what you all think, and partly so that the helpful numerology folks can see what I was on about!

It is a dual purpose spread- it can be used for brainstorming or divination.The first three cards to be placed are combined normally in the centre of the spread. These three cards may be consciously chosen or randomly selected, and represent the central figure of the issue, whether it be a character in a story, a business, or an individual. Then, starting at the top, three cards are placed in a vertical filmstrip. Starting closest to the middle, the first position indicates a motivation for action. The following card shows the action, and the third in the sequence represents the consequence. This process is continued round in a clockwise direction, until you have a layout resembling a star with eight rays, or a wheel with eight spokes, (see illustration). When all positions have been interpreted, you may wish to unlock more ideas by revolving the meaning of the positions. Thus the first card becomes the action, the second the consequence, and the third the motivation, and so on. This can also work as a divination spread, if you wish. It has enormous potential for offering fresh perspectives and ideas.
Another level of meaning may be added if you associate the shape of the spread with the ancient Celtic wheel of the year. This holds particular promise for divination, if you wish to seek guidance for the year ahead. Each spoke of the wheel may give an idea of the events or atmosphere of that eighth of the year, as divided by the festivals, (see illustration.)

It might look complicated at first glance, but its essence is quite simple...probably. It's late and I'm sleepy :)

Blessings,

Em xx

Attachments

• Ripples spread.jpg
    Ripples spread.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 704

6 Haunted Days

I haven't gone through the reading yet, just wanted to say how absolutely kick a*s that diagram looks with your cards!!! :)

This deck is going to be killer. And this spread looks really fascinating.

sweet_intuition

AM so loving this spread

Dean

That Diagram spread looks very interesting, so emm have you come up with anything new with this 27 spread.

Sidhe-Ra

Thanks guys!

I think a standard Tarot version might work with just one card as the significator in the middle and then the rays/branches just not overlapping.

Dean said:
That Diagram spread looks very interesting, so emm have you come up with anything new with this 27 spread.

Well, IF at any point I find myself running low on ideas, this will be my first stop. At the moment I'm already busting at the seams! However, when I'm feeling a bit less knackered, (i.e. once the manuscript's been sent off and I can relax), then I will try it as a wheel of the year spread. It might be a nice thing to do at Yule :)

Blessings,

Em xx

rwcarter

Sidhe-Ra, you already know how much I LOVE this deck and want it in my grubby little hands. (Don't know why, but I can just see myself stroking the deck and saying, "My precioussssssssssss....":laugh:) That spread looks wonderful and I can't wait to try it out!

Rodney