Good Witch Bad Witch Study Group - The Ageless Witch

Adjustment

Shades betwen mauve and pink dominate this card. We see a witch looking at her reflection on a ornated oval gold mirror. The withc has a beautiful face, her hair is red and and is adorned with a crown of leaves. She seems to be please and happy with what she sees in the mirror which is her own reflection. I just got this deck yesterday, and i draw this card twice during 2 different readings. obviously there is an strong message for me there that i can't get

WolfyJames

For anyone who wants to see the card: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/wolfyjames/decks/goodwitchbadwitch/jaune01.jpg

I view this card as self-love and acceptance. To view and focus on our good parts, to find our inner beauty.

Since she is contemplating herself, I also view this card as contemplation, taking the time to view things in every angle, to undertand the way people and things work.

The card also mean to me that there is someone who sees you the way you are which you are unaware now, maybe a friend or a lover, who will support you.

With the witch bearing a crown of laurels, I view this card as well as the success card, she succeeded at something and she looks in the mirror proud of herself and of what she has accomplished.

Kahlie

I love these little Cards. I don't have set meanings for them and I wonder if you got this one in a 1 card draw or else it would be useful to know other Cards popped up.

I must say, I forgot we had a study group for this. I wasn't very interested in participating because of the way I read them, personally, but maybe some of my musings can help others.

Symbols of this Card
Laurel, Crown, Mirror with Animal like head

In it's positive aspects the Ageless Witch can be for me:
Youthful, Innocent, Vibrantly Alive, doesn't care what others think of her, always sees her own inner beauty, delights in her own beauty and good aspects. She knows and understands her own feelings, thoughts and belief systems. In many ways, she combines aspects of several Majors of the Tarot: The High Priestress, The Empress, The Chariot, The Hanged Man and The Sun.

Sometimes she's more bashful then others... sometimes she has rouge, sometimes she's blushing :)

She's victorious in the way that she manages to be Herself, her True Self and can delight and inspire others with that. She always understand and loves her sensual animal nature.

In it's negative aspects the Ageless Witch can be for me:
Somebody who is fascinated with staying young, being overly critical of herself, obsessed with beauty and overly analytical. She can't adapt or absorb changes. She's willing to indulge in a lot of sensuality or flirting without understanding that it won't give her true love.

As such, she can combine aspects of several Majors like: The Devil, The Hanged Man Rx and Death Rx.

Ok, just a few thoughts here, I'm not sure if I will be participating in this Study Group... for reasons already mentioned.

Kahlie

6 Haunted Days

I don't know why, but this card always pops up in my head as a plastic surgery card......

WolfyJames

Kahlie said:
Somebody who is fascinated with staying young, being overly critical of herself, obsessed with beauty and overly analytical. She can't adapt or absorb changes. She's willing to indulge in a lot of sensuality or flirting without understanding that it won't give her true love.

Wow! That is very good way to view this card in its negative aspects. Mindblowing. :) We want to hear more about your musing Kahlie. :)

6 Haunted Days

Kahlie said:
I
Somebody who is fascinated with staying young, being overly critical of herself, obsessed with beauty and overly analytical. She can't adapt or absorb changes. She's willing to indulge in a lot of sensuality or flirting without understanding that it won't give her true love

Kahlie

That really ties into my intuition of this card signifying plastic surgery.

Aulruna

I have always viewed this card as the one that signifies inner beauty and class, which will result in a kind of beauty that won't fade, ever. The Michelle Pfeiffer card, so to speak ;)

So far, I have used the cards without reading a shadow meaning, as the structure of the deck already incorporates shadow aspects. But Kahlie's post really made me rethink that - thanks for that impulse!

Kahlie

Aulruna said:
So far, I have used the cards without reading a shadow meaning, as the structure of the deck already incorporates shadow aspects.

I started seeing shadow aspects, as I noted how many red/Bad Witches aren't that bad at all. They are mostly about delays and sometimes even specify good stuff coming... so then I noticed how some of the brightly happy yellow/Good Witches had some negativity in them as well.

I never really got the good card/bad card idea anyways...

Kahlie

WolfyJames

Kahlie said:
I started seeing shadow aspects, as I noted how many red/Bad Witches aren't that bad at all. They are mostly about delays and sometimes even specify good stuff coming... so then I noticed how some of the brightly happy yellow/Good Witches had some negativity in them as well.

I never really got the good card/bad card idea anyways...

I agree with you that the "bad" witches aren't that bad. Actually, most of them are positive. And you are right, viewing the cards' shadow aspects can be quite interesting and deepen our understanding of the cards. I want to know more about those! :)

purple_scorp

The good vs bad cards have always confused me too.......and when I read with this deck, I will take all things into consideration, even the spell. I do use the good for yes and bad for no, when I pull three cards to answer a yes/no question though.

I don't see anything vain in this card, even though you have a witch staring at hersElf in the mirror.

To me, the card is about inner beauty not the outward reflection. This witch has good self-esteem and will always appear beautiful and young at heart in the reflection of the mirror, even when she is old and haggard.

It doesn't matter what anybody says to her, or about her behind her back. She exhibits self-love and nothing or nobody can change the way she views hersElf.

People like this exhibit an outward glow and appear beautiful, even if they are rather plain.

It is their soul that shines through.

with love
purple_scorp