The YHVH soul assessment spread

sweet_intuition

This is a spread based on the Tetragrammaton [the Hebrew name for God, which is spelled (in Hebrew); י (yod) ה (heh) ו (waw) ה (heh) or יהוה (YHWH)]

One can use this spread to assess themselves. To find out how they are on a physical/mental/emotional/and spiritual level, and to discover how to bring about changes (or transformations) in their lives for the better.

* The letter Yod is the first letter of the name Tetragrammaton, and this symbolizes the father, who is Wisdom; he is the highest form of Mercury, and the logos, the creator of all worlds. Accordingly, his representative in physical life is the spermatozoon.

* The letter He is the second letter of the name Tetragrammaton, and this symbolizes the mother, who is Understanding; the Universe is here resolved into its ultimate elements. Accordingly, his representative in physical life is the ovule.

* The letter Vau is the third letter of the name Tetragrammaton, and this symbolizes the son, who is the personification of Beauty; an interpretation of the father in terms of the mind.

* The letter He serves double duty, and so it is too, the fourth letter of the name Tetragrammaton. This symbolizes the daughter, who is the Kingdom; the Universe as manifested to our physical senses.

The spread is as follows:

**H**V**H**Y*
**13*14*15*16* Y
**9*10**11*12* H
**5**6**7**8** V
**1**2**3**4** H

To those unfamiliar with Qabalah, the positions can be used to describe the 4 basic elements, and hence the spread can also indicate the balance of elements within us.

Yod (Y) = Fire
He (H) = Water
Vau (V) = Air
The second He (H) = Earth

Since this is quite a vast spread, there is no specific meaning given to each particular card, as I feel that doing so could limit the possible answers we could find through intuitive method. Plus for those who don't use reversals, this is a good spread to see the play of elemental dignitaries (Especially for Thoth users)

Would love to hear what you all think.

Love and Blessings

:)

rwcarter

Hi sweet_intuition,

I used the Vargo Gothic to do a reading and I've posted it here.

I found the lack of positional meanings made the spread harder for me to interpret. I asked "What is my current soul assessment?" and even with asking about any specific situation, the cards seemed to be speaking about one that I know I need to act upon, but I've been hesitant to do so.

It's a good spread, but definitely not a quickie! ;)

Rodney