Where do I find Vesta Powder?

Silverlyn

Hi,

Does anyone know where I could find Vesta Powder? (I think that's what it's called...a powder you throw in a flame and the flame 'bursts' up for a moment?:)

I wish to use this for my own spells.

Thanks!:)

BB,

Silverlyn

Aulruna

I always order mine from a site called http://www.pyroweb.de/ (well, I'm in Germany).
But looking at their site might give you an idea where to look in your local yellow pages ;) They sell fireworks as well as stage effect things. My favourites are the bengal powder which gives a beautiful red or green flame or a tiny bit of lycopodium (some plant spores, also for fire spitting).

Another source might be LARP (Live Action Role Playing) shops, as people who play magic characters also like to "bring to life" their (fictional) spells. Never tried that myself though.

UrbanFool

I'm fairly certain that vesta powder is saltpeter.

Kelly

Master_Margarita

UrbanFool said:
I'm fairly certain that vesta powder is saltpeter.

Kelly

I believe you are correct.

M_M~

Umbrae

Vesta?

Oh! You mean lycopodium powder?

Silverlyn

Thanks for all your replies!:)

If anyone knows of any alternative item I can use that will do the same thing....

So, if I threw a pinch of powdered coffee creamer, it'd do the same thing?

And Vesta Powder is known as saltpeter, then that should be easier to find, right? Herbal shops or Natural Health Food shops...?

If I can find a more everyday,common type of item that could do this, I'm game:)

Meanwhile, I'll check on your links:)

And any suggestions on what you all use would be great!

BB,

Silverlyn
PS: colored flames? LOVE this idea!

Master_Margarita

I think you have to use a bunch of coffee creamer. I can ask my niece. I bet instructions are also on the internet.

There are some places fairly close to you that will ship vesta powder I bet.