Relationships and Pentacles

trinity8

Hi there, I've been in a relationship for about 18 months. It could be described as passionate, intense and evolutionary or perhaps it could be described as 'rocky'!

When I do a reading about the relationship I very often get the Knight of Discs (Thoth Deck). I almost always get a plethora of discs cards in any reading on this issue. I wouldn't say the relationship is particularly money based, we don't share our money, we don't live together, we have no particular money issues between us. However ...

When we first got together we had very little money between us and usually couldn't afford to do the things we wanted to do. In the past 6 months we have both been working full time and because we are both also single parents we rarely see each other, although now we have some money to go out and do some of the fun things we used to want to do. No time now. That is probably the major issue in our relationship.

Living arrangements seem impossible, since we miss each other but don't feel we can blend our families. Also we feel like we are slowly building a relationship with a view to the longer term (Knight of Discs) but not really getting anywhere fast except growing as individuals through relating to each other, even though we rarely see each other now.

Any comments appreciated because this relationship puzzles me. What message am I blind to in all those pentacles?

balenciaga

The pentacles, or Disks in this case, probably represent the fact that your relationship is real, even if you don't get to "touch it" everyday or as often as you would like. It has substance. The pentacle court card is a pragmatic card and very useful for a stable future.

Thirteen

trinity8 said:
Any comments appreciated because this relationship puzzles me. What message am I blind to in all those pentacles?
I'm amazed that pentacles "puzzles" you given that the relationship you've described is all "pentacles." Look at what concerns you (and you beau):

1) "When we first got together we had very little money between us and usually couldn't afford to do the things we wanted to do"--so in the past, you were concerned with, yes, Pentacles = Lack of money.

2) "In the past 6 months we have both been working full time"--so in the present you're concerned with "work" which, once again is, yes, represented by Pentacles.

3) "and because we are both also single parents we rarely see each other"--and you're also concerned with taking care of your family. Also an issue represented by Pentacles.

4) You go on to talk about living arrangements, yet another pentacle issue. And describe your relationship as being "built"--a term that would be used by your Knight/Pents, not by any of the other knights. Very solid, physical terms there, for a relationship that's having to move along slow and careful as that knight/pents.

I don't know what you're seeing, but all I'm seeing is pentacles, pentacles, pentacles. Money, work, family, and trying to make the arrangement work out practically. And if you'd like to toss in more, it looks like you've been having some problems with luck. You haven't been real lucky, another pentacle issue.

The real question is, how can you get past all these pentacle issues and make things work out better? I suggest you pull out the Knight/Pents as a signifier and ask that question. Because with pents running your life, issues of money, work, family and practical issues will always dominate over things like love and passion. And that means it'll prod along slowly and stay "rocky."

Which, by the way, did you mean to use that word? Because Pents = Earth and so "rocky" is very apt indeed for describing a pentacle relationship that isn't running smooth.

trinity8

Well it's always amazing what we can't see about ourselves thats excruciatingly obvious to others, isn't it? I suppose that the relationship has never felt very real (in some way that I can't explain) and that is why the pentacles has puzzled me, although the evidence racks up to the contrary. Thanks for your comments guys, I will take that extra step, that is what I needed to have pointed out to me. Cheers.

Mellifluous

I get the impression you were kind of grasping around here for money and work related issues because you think that's what pentacles should indicate. (Just a hunch. Sorry, if I'm wrong in thinking that.) Just want to point out that pentacles can also mean wonderful things in relationships.

I associate pentacles with earth and nature.

The earth is solid. It's also nurturing. Growth happens at its own pace, but it's still happening. Sometimes it seems slow to us and sometimes it seems very rapid. (Think about how the seasons change.)

Pentacles courts usually represent a stronger degree of commitment than the other court cards. They're caring, dedicated, responsible types. Nurturing-yet-practical in various different ways.

Also, pentacles is about putting the effort into achieving a goal and having patience and faith along the way to your success. In relationships, it's better to have two people willing to do that than none or one.

Pentacles also represent a fusion of the practical or material, the human emotional/intellectual concerns, and the spiritual. Like a tree: roots underground, the trunk at our eye level and beyond, and then the branches reaching up for the heavens. It's rare to see one part without the others. lol

Etc., etc.

There's lots of good in the pentacles, too, is my point. So I suppose over time you could find many truths about how they relate to this relationship and your (individual) lives. If you're getting lots of them in every reading they must be trying to teach you and guide you, so no need to rush to figure it all out in one night. :)

trinity8

yes mellifluous, that's exactly what I did, write about all the seemingly pentacle related issues. It's true. I thought that after I read the first two wonderful responses. These issues don't seem so really significant in the actual relationship (although obviously they do have a real practical effect), and that's why I can't understand why they are so significant in the readings.

Hey, I asked what I need to move onto after the King of Discs and guess what I got? One card - Ace of Discs!!!!

Spirals not circles....

love from Trinity

Seafra

Perhaps another angle you might take into consideration is the lack of presence the other suits. Maybe add a dash of each -- take advantage of any opportunity to introduce them into the relationship too, for further balance. A bit of romance, energy, and viva la repartee -- forget the pragmatic now and then and just play.

I'm always looking for balance with suits - it's a thang.

Blessings - Seafra

Eddie

trinity8 said:
Hi there, I've been in a relationship for about 18 months. It could be described as passionate, intense and evolutionary or perhaps it could be described as 'rocky'!

When I do a reading about the relationship I very often get the Knight of Discs (Thoth Deck). I almost always get a plethora of discs cards in any reading on this issue. I wouldn't say the relationship is particularly money based, we don't share our money, we don't live together, we have no particular money issues between us. However ...
trinity8 said:
When we first got together we had very little money between us and usually couldn't afford to do the things we wanted to do. In the past 6 months we have both been working full time and because we are both also single parents we rarely see each other, although now we have some money to go out and do some of the fun things we used to want to do. No time now. That is probably the major issue in our relationship.

Morning trinity8,
Your relationship, in short, is very effected by the practical things in life, not necessarily the financial, although this clearly too, a lot of logistical issues get in the way or indeed govern when and how you can see each other.

trinity8 said:
Living arrangements seem impossible, since we miss each other but don't feel we can blend our families. Also we feel like we are slowly building a relationship with a view to the longer term (Knight of Discs) but not really getting anywhere fast except growing as individuals through relating to each other, even though we rarely see each other now.

This really proves my point, the knight here is an indication of time so far and time it is likely to take in the future, it also is an indication of the effort and determination involved, a lot of details to iron out and again the logistics of it all.

trinity8 said:

All these pentacles also prove that although there are a lot of reasons why this can work in a practical, solid and fundamental way, at the same time there are as many other practical things getting in the way.
Work these out, methodically and patiently and this has the makings of a good working r'ship.

trinity8

well you know this relationship is very romantic, passionate and we love talking about everything and doing things together. It's the pentacles stuff that doesn't seem very important in the way we relate. So I feel that all the other suits are already there. Enough of this!!! Thanks so much everyone for your feedback.

love from trinity