As The Wheel Turns (a New Year spread)

faerylvr

As The Wheel Turns by Faerylvr

As we begin the new year by the standard calendar it is a time for reflection and movement. It reminded me of a wheel, moving forward yet bringing with it the road we have already traveled. I know this looks like a lot of cards, but really as the card begin to talk with you, it turns out to maybe be not enough. Have fun as you reflect on where you have been, where you are, where you are going, and what it is that holds it all together.

Emotional Physical Spiritual

…..1…………….4……………..7…..
…..2…………….5……………..8…..
…..3…………….6……………..9…..

…..10…………..11……………..12

Row 1: What you worked on last year: Emotional, Physical, Spiritual

Row 2: Where you are as the New Year begins: Emotional, Physical, Spiritual

Row 3: What you need to work on this year: Emotional, Physical, Spiritual

Underlying Row: The constant for each thread (that which holds what you worked on, where you are, and what you still need to work on together): Emotional, Physical, Spiritual

pippi

I like it a lot! I think I'll do this one on New Years Eve!

AJ

Thanks for sharing, am working on it now, with my Universal Fantasy deck.
When I have them all turned, I'm going to do Umbrae's step with the relationship spread, get way back on a chair and see what stands out from a distance.

Edited to add photo: Jessie James, one of my Siamese *loves* to help me read cards!

Attachments

• dec 011.jpg
    dec 011.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 416

faerylvr

Thanks for trying it out... it has worked really well for me so far and for those I read for in person.

I love the picture AJ... what a beautiful animal you have.

pippi

I did this spread last night, a few minutes before midnight rang in the new year. It was very accurate!! I had a wonderful reading with it. Thanks again for sharing this spread!

Ann Yu

WOw, the cat sitting here looks so "wicca" and "mysterious" :p. I like your deck :D

igreenlady

thank you faerylvr

I've been looking for a spread to do yearly forcasts/reviews. This is just the thing!

faerylvr

Thanks. I am glad the spread has been good for you... enjoy.

kwesifriends

I think the sequence is very easy and easy to memorize maybe I'll try it also I think its not yet late to try.

satine

AJ said:
Thanks for sharing, am working on it now, with my Universal Fantasy deck.
When I have them all turned, I'm going to do Umbrae's step with the relationship spread, get way back on a chair and see what stands out from a distance.

My favorite thing to do these days is to see how certain cards collectively come together to "create" the dynamic of another card. I love any spread that allows for a reader to delve deeply into how the cards interact (how one person's energy impacts another person's energy to create a new entity- an energy that is shared and created by both, for instance). In this spread for instance, I would want to look at how my past influenced my present, and how these together create my needs for this upcoming year... I'm also doing a new thing lately where I throw a card to explain "why" for each card. It's amazing how much depth is added by doing this. Here is a recent example I've had:

What does person B feel about Person A? O Fool Why? XV Devil. So the "why" in this case explains that the Fool is an outcome of having felt trapped in a dysfunctional pattern with this person in the past. This adds dimension to the Fool in this case. My point, I suppose, is that I really like that you've added that underlying row that helps "pull together" the themes and interactions in the rows and columns above. I'll try out this spread asap and let you know how it goes! :)