Small Mediums at Large

Tarotphelia

Small Mediums at Large by Terry Iacuzzo is about the life of a psychic tarot reader and her psychic family . It's riveting right from the start , showing us reading from the psychic perspective . The book is a fascinating exploration; the old country meets the new world , psychic children raising themselves with no guidance other than not to tell anybody about their gifts , adventures in the fearful, the dramatic , the downright strange .

Oh yes, the alleged rules are broken. The skeptics will scoff , the scientists will make the prune face , the tarot uptight might just be horrified . There are children with ouija boards , peeking into strangers without consent , and Goddess forbid - making predictions and foretelling the future . Or the futures , whatever the case may be. It definitely puts the fun right back in tarot reading .

Tarot is interlaced through the stories in the book , along with a good dose of what it's like to be a true psychic that you don't often get a chance to read about . It is though, a personal memoir most of all . But that doesn't disappoint - it's one of those can't put it down reads that doesn't come along everyday .

Here is a very nice lengthy interview with the author :
http://www.heyokamagazine.com/HEYOKA.4.BOOKS.TERRY IACUZZIO.htm

AJ

stupendous title!

Karen48

...it looks a really interesting book.

I've put it on my reading list.

Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards,

Karen

firecatpickles

What is, "a group of undersized psychics escaped from a penal colony," Alex?

celticnoodle

this book looks wonderful! will be purchasing it myself soon. thanks for putting up a thread on it.

starrystarrynight

KK said:
Bwahahahahaha! You kill me Kilty.

StellarMyst

Yay! :D <= Cheshirecat Grin...hehe!

This one looks like I'm gonna have a fifth book in my "True Stories & Bios ONLY" reading list fooooorrrrrr ooooohh...say...the first month or so of '08!

"3 cheers for Small Mediums at Large! Cheer! Cheer! Cheer!" ~ Courtesy of Mayberry's Finest ;) :D

Tarotphelia

kilts_knave said:

Actually , it does say in the book that at least some of them are on the small side .

I think you would like this book kilty. (May I call you kilty :party: ?) It takes you back to the time before tarot was all fluffy-lovey-lighty wimpy . And if you've ever wondered what it would be like to take acid and try to read tarot , your answer is in there .

firecatpickles

Dark Inquisitor said:
And if you've ever wondered what it would be like to take acid and try to read tarot , your answer is in there .
Wonder??? })

20 years is a long time...

zannamarie

Dark Inquisitor said:
Actually , it does say in the book that at least some of them are on the small side .
Terry and her sister are on the short side. I saw and heard them speak at a metaphysical expo.

They are quite interesting and open about what might seem unusual to others is commonplace and usual to them.