Psycards Study Group - 12. Fortune

Master_Margarita

Here is the image of this card.

This is an interesting contrast to the fundamental concept of the tarot Wheel of Fortune. This card has not a circle, or a cycle, but an upward leading spiral. The solitary human figure on this card carries a lantern, like the Hermit (again alluding to tarot), hinting to me at least that the treasure at the top of the spiral stairs might not be material. This card suggests that we are masters of our own fortune. Is this true?

In addition to contrasting this card with the tarot Wheel of Fortune, and the Psycards Wheel later on in this deck, I think it's interesting to contrast it with the Money card earlier in the deck. What is the difference between "money" and "fortune"?

:heart: M_M~

.traveller.

What I like about this card is that, even with a lamp, you cannot always see the future clearly. The lamp I associate with intelligence/knowledge and it is not enough to just know things, some things you must go out and discover for yourself. So Fortune could be seen as the measure of experience, as well as the faith to continue on without visible results.