Tarot and Novels....

sweet_intuition

Sidney Sheldon has featured a tarot reader in many of his novels. I think one is featured in The Other Side of Midnight (Catherine visits a Greek Gypsy in Athens), and in Morning, Noon and Night.

mrpants

These are both on Scion's list--

But they ought to stand out, so here:

Crowley, John. "Little, Big" (ISBN 0-06-093793-9)

Calvino, Italo. "The Castle ofCrossed Destinies." (ISBN 0-15-615455-2)

The first title is enough to keep ya busy for a year or so.

VGimlet

Hmm, I might add some too - I work at a library, and I'm always keeping an eye out for tarot books...books with tarot in them, even as a peripheral theme, and blah blah.

Sulis

'Chocolat' by Joanne Harris has a couple of tarot readings in it..

Mariana

mrpants said:
The first title is enough to keep ya busy for a year or so.

I'm a bit puzzled by this sentence. Do you mean it has enough depth to keep you thinking on it for a year? Cause it's hard to imagine a book that takes longer than a few days to read. Is it a regular size book? I've seen it recommended around here quite a lot.

mrpants

Here's the thing:

Mariana, my experience has been this: The book is so good you have to put it down.

See for yourself!

Silverlyn

Another Tarot Novel

Hey guys:

My mom just sent me a book that apparently has magic and tarot within in by one of my favorite Gothic/Mystery authors: Phyllis Whitney. Rainbow in the Mist.

I'm gonna start reading it, I'll let ya know more info when I'm done, but it's right up our alley!:)

Silverlyn

Scion

Mariana said:
I'm a bit puzzled by this sentence. Do you mean it has enough depth to keep you thinking on it for a year? Cause it's hard to imagine a book that takes longer than a few days to read. Is it a regular size book? I've seen it recommended around here quite a lot.
I think mrpants was referring to Crowley's depth and substance. Little, Big is one of those books that you may wind up reading a few pages at a time and savoring a bit... even doing to do research to get more out of it. He's a helluva writer and he knows his stuff. The Aegypt books can be read and reread to great effect. And Little, Big is one of those novels that changes every time you read it.

You'll enjoy it. :)

Lillie

Little, big is a beautiful book.

ahclem

I've already weighed in on Little, Big in previous threads, but I feel that it's impossible to recommend too highly.

As it happens, I just last weekend completed my fourth reading of it since I discovered it in the early 80s and, as Scion said, it changes and becomes richer with every reading.