Tarot and Novels....

gregory

I have another ! Sheer chance - my daughter lent it to me - The Universe versus Alex Woods - by Gavin Extence. I'm not sure she even remembered there was tarot in there - but there is - the mother is a reader, and at times the hero (Alex) discusses cards in terms of readings she'd done and also in terms of "this was a ten of swords day" stuff - and it is very well done, properly researched and everything.

Ace of Stars

I haven't read it, but the cover of Jeanette Winterson's YA nover, 'Tanglewreck' has Tarot cards on it, and from reading the book description it seems they are included in the story.

Kreative-Dragon

Idlewild, by Nick Sagan, has some Tarot Jewelry in it. The Main character ends up wearing a Hanged Man necklace, and the theme repeats itself a few times.

I always mention it because it blew me away that Tarot would be mentioned in such a Sci Fi book. It made me giddy!

EnchantedFairyForest

The only Tarot novel I own is Tarot: Plain & Simple by Anthony Louis.

Has anyone else read this? If so, what are you're thoughts on it?

gregory

The only Tarot novel I own is Tarot: Plain & Simple by Anthony Louis.

Has anyone else read this? If so, what are you're thoughts on it?

That isn't a novel; it's a book about using tarot. Novels are fiction.

I have thought about getting hold of it though. I just - haven't ! I'm sure it is discussed in threads about which books are good to learn with.

Richard

Not only is Tarot literally present in the novel, but the actual structure of Gravity's Rainbow seems to be based on the 22 Major Arcana. http://www.themodernword.com/pynchon/pynchon_granalysis.html I'll probably expand on this later, but right now I'm reading The Crying of Lot 49 by the same author, which so far seems to be almost as scrumptious as Rainbow.

So many books, so little time.

Cocobird55

John Sandford, a mystery writer, has a whole series that features Kidd, a main character who does tarot readings. The books are all very good, and Kidd has an interesting take on tarot.