photo.FurtuneTellingCup

missycab

It's a beautiful cup HeavensVault!!! I hope you have a lot of fun reading tea leaves! :D

celticnoodle

AJ said:
the third item down (at this time anyway) shows the saucer to your cup...see if Auntie has it tucked somewhere :)
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=reading+cup&category0=
oh AJ, thank you for this post. I checked out those cups and I'm very interested in bidding.....just may have to do so! :D thank you again--all these cups are LOVELY! (but, I really don't need anymore tea leaf reading cups...it's becoming as bad as the tarot deck collection I'm building!) ;)

lark

My daughter just bought the same cup with a saucer at a little junk shop/antique store...I'll have to ask what she paid for it I can't remember...but it is so pretty and beautiful colors on it.
What a little treasure HeavensVault.

memries

It is really lovely Lark. I used to read tea cups ! They tell a story just like any other divination shapes you see. You should do it very easily. It is a very pretty cup.

lark

memries said:
It is really lovely Lark. I used to read tea cups ! They tell a story just like any other divination shapes you see. You should do it very easily. It is a very pretty cup.
I'll give it a try memries...if she lets me put tea in her precious cup...:D

Barbaras Ahajusts

The saucer too?

Well now I am confused by a memory.

Grandpa read grounds. Maybe tea leaves..but I do think it was coffee grounds.
Granny would fill his huge mug up. His cup was this only mug with a matching saucer. We would watch him pour coffee into that saucer and sip it out of the saucer.
We ask why and mama blew it off as to him cooling his coffee off. But that didn't make sense.

Why did he use the saucer in that fashion? I need to see if an older cousin remembers him doing it.

Interesting thread and beautiful cups!
How nice to have any of them!

:)Barb

AJ

I found these great tea leaf reading images
Also a free book at gutenburg but it was way over my head...

Attachments

• tea05.png
    tea05.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 9ce6_2.jpg
    9ce6_2.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 63
  • tea_leaf_reader.jpg
    tea_leaf_reader.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 66
  • tealeaves_small.jpg
    tealeaves_small.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 64
  • tealeaves.jpg
    tealeaves.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 65

Lexie

Barbaras Ahajusts said:
Well now I am confused by a memory.

Grandpa read grounds. Maybe tea leaves..but I do think it was coffee grounds.
Granny would fill his huge mug up. His cup was this only mug with a matching saucer. We would watch him pour coffee into that saucer and sip it out of the saucer.
We ask why and mama blew it off as to him cooling his coffee off. But that didn't make sense.

Why did he use the saucer in that fashion? I need to see if an older cousin remembers him doing it.

Interesting thread and beautiful cups!
How nice to have any of them!

:)Barb

I think I know what you mean... In Greece we use these cups with coffee, not tea.. but a special kind of coffee which we call "Greek".. well, actually it's Turkish! Usually, we "read" the cup but some people "read" the saucer also...:)

Briar Rose

I love all the replys. Thank you.

Now I wish I had the saucer. Is the saucer important, or can I use just this cup?

celticnoodle

I'm sure you can use just the cup. However, if you want to try a saucer, maybe any saucer with it will work too. Lots of tea leaf readers don't use the saucer, and then some do. just like in any other divination tool, everyone has a way they enjoy doing it.

reading through this thread has gotten me wanting to dig out my tea leaf reading cups again and practicing it tomorrow. I think I will do so! I am interested in this, but the few times I've tried it, the clumps of tea leaves looked just like that to me--a clump of tea leaves! :laugh:

I'm also thinking about bidding on a few of those tea cups AJ posted on ebay. :D

HV, I hope you enjoy your cup & tea leaf reading. It is beautiful!