Psycards Study Group - 34. The Message

Master_Margarita

I love The Message, although I feel like I'm chanelling different 80's tunes in each ear:

Grandmaster Flash:
Don't push me, cause I'm close to the edge
I'm trying not to loose my head
It's like a jungle, sometimes it makes me wonder
How I keep from going under

and the Police:
I'll send an S.O.S. to the world
I'll send an S.O.S. to the world
I hope that someone gets my
Message in a bottle,
Message in a bottle

The point of this card I think is that messages come from all over and we should be alert to them. There are such rich associations with the notion of the message.

What do you think?

:heart: M_M~

Pao

I'd LOVE to know what the heck the image has to do with a message! besides the bottle with the letter in it there's nothing at all that makes me think of someone contacting me or news coming to me somehow. Why didn't they draw a letter with a pen, and newspapers with phones and such?? I dont understand this image. What does a fish have to do with a message?

Anyway when i get this card I expect to get a call or e-mail or text from somebody. Also I see it to mean a sign from above, a "message", even a prophetic dream.

Master_Margarita

I think the artist was just having fun with the idea of a message in a bottle that comes up from the ocean (=the depths of the unconscious). When you cast a net into the ocean (the unconscious), you get a message in a bottle, and a lot of extraneous stuff--like fish, the starfish, the seaweed. I think of the fish as the junk mail I get along with a real letter in the mail.

Oh. Maybe the bottle was thrown overboard from the ship in The Voyage (card 35).

.traveller.

And here I was thinking of the babelfish from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Master_Margarita

.traveller. said:
And here I was thinking of the babelfish from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

And why on earth not? :D