Psycards Study Group - 37. Prison

Master_Margarita

Trapped! The prisoner shown in this card resembles, to my eye, the oldest son of the Mother, the boy being taught archery by the Father. Now he is a prisoner...of his own mind? This card is a companion card to number 38, Liberation, and they should be considered before-and-after cards.

The Hobson book suggests that this card raises this question, pleads for leniency, and tells us that self-acceptance is the key to unlocking the prison door. He points out as well that the physical constraints of prison can encourage our growth in other ways.

What do you think?

:heart: M_M~

.traveller.

How do you see this card in relation to The Cave? They seem similar in many ways, yet in contrast, this prisoner seems almost comfortable.

Master_Margarita

.traveller. said:
How do you see this card in relation to The Cave? They seem similar in many ways, yet in contrast, this prisoner seems almost comfortable.

Gosh, forgot to mention the Cave when I was starting this thread (one reason these threads are dialogues and not pronouncements by me!). There are obvious parallels. The prisoner in the Prison has external constraints. The figure in the Cave seems to be bound in suffering only by his/her own mind.

The Cave looks like I imagine the inside of the mausoleum in the Death card would look. Except I expect that what's inside the mausoleum is completely dead, not just hiding.

.traveller.

Something strange happened with my daily today (pulled last night), it was Prison.
But when I looked back at it... it was Friendship. So I wrote down both cards and thought about Prison, and I thought about Prison in the context of Friendship.

In retrospect, Prison has yet to come up as a negative card for me. However, doesn't it seem strange that a card with that image and that name could be seen as positive?

I am thinking that little ray of sunshine has so much significance to me personally, kindness and warmth from others... the hand of friendship, can make what would otherwise be an intolerable situation, bearable or even comfortable.

Master_Margarita

I think it speaks well of you that you can find a positive quality in a Prison card. :D