best astrology book I ever read.

gorgeousbutterfly

all around the zodiac.http://www.amazon.com/All-Around-Zo...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201556133&sr=8-1

i really like it because it explains the signs not as sun signs but just the sign itself. and also explains how aries evolves and is different from taurus and so on. its very very well written. this is a must have for new astrology students. i don't think ANY book it explains it this well. it also does a good job explaining why leo is fixed, i mean think about it fire is anything but fixed but the gook explains all of this. explains the three modes VERY through. i highy recommend it.

Minderwiz

Bill Tierney is a good author and his books are well worth a read by new students of Astrology

fireflyfairy

Hi!

This looks like a great book. I am looking to study Astrology and was wondering if you can advice me which is the best way to learn and is it true I should just by the software?

Minderwiz

Buying the software without any underlying knowledge will not get you anywhere. Start with a good introductory text - the Parkers' Astrology is one such text, so is Nick Campion's Practical Astrology. These will give you the basics to work from. As you feel more confident you can buy additional books if you want to pursue the Art.

For software a good start is Halloran's Astrology for Windows, which costs $26.50 and can be downloaded from his website. It does not come with any interpretations but for a beginner it will generate the charts that you want and you can use your book to start thinking about possible interpretations.

Please remember that an introductory text is just that - it will give you the basics but it will only hint at the range of issues that Astrology can deal with. Those are areas that you can explore in time.

rachelcat

If you like workbooks:

Back in the late summer, I decided I was going to learn everything about astrology. Life got in the way, so of course all I got done was buying the books!!!

I haven't actually worked through these workbooks, but I thought you might be interested. You probably need a good intro book to go along with them. If I actually get around to working them, I'll let you know!

Astrology for Yourself: How to Understand And Interpret Your Own Birth Chart by Douglas Bloch and Demetra George

Intuitive Astrology: Follow Your Best Instincts to Become Who You Always Intended to Be by Elizabeth Rose Campbell

(I also like All Around the Zodiac. In depth info on the signs but easy to read and get lots out of!)