The meaning of the hourglass?


> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Spirituality



 
ravenest's Avatar
ravenest  ravenest is offline
ravenator
 
Join Date: 02 Feb 2006
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 13,835
ravenest 

But you can slow it down or speed it up.
Top   #21
Zephyros's Avatar
Zephyros  Zephyros is offline
Jedi
 
Join Date: 31 Jan 2004
Location: Israel
Posts: 8,179
Zephyros 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenest View Post
But you can slow it down or speed it up.
Which is why time is relative. In our perception, when we are enjoying ourselves it passes quickly, and when are bored it passes slowly. For a child, a year is an eternity because it represents a huge percentage of the child's life, but for an adult, a year isn't that long a time. Time itself once didn't exist, because there was nothing to show its passage, as there were no stars, no physical processes, nothing.

Although Cracked is a humor site, this article successfully demonstrates why immortality is awful for humans, and why we need death so much (basically, if we didn't die, we would go insane).

http://www.cracked.com/article_18708...han-death.html

Basically, it all boils down to this, that this life is nothing short of a flowering quantum shift of unlimited rebirth. Science tells us that the essence of nature is non-locality. The cosmos is beaming with morphogenic fields.
Top   #22
CelestialHorse's Avatar
CelestialHorse  CelestialHorse is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 05 Feb 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 1,657
CelestialHorse 

Makes sense

It does seem the older you get the faster time goes. Kind of scary in a way :/ But I am not afraid of death because I believe our spirit goes on but the body does not.

I love cracked.com! I don't think I would want to live forever.
Top   #23
ravenest's Avatar
ravenest  ravenest is offline
ravenator
 
Join Date: 02 Feb 2006
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 13,835
ravenest 

I saw a doco on it and they were saying that aging is the bodies defence against cancer.

I wonder if that means the longer we extend life ... the more incidents of cancer there will be.

One reason why I refused medical treatment for .... it might give me an extra 5 years at the end in a nursing home .. WTF ? Why would I want to do THAT ? ? ? The only reason I can think of is 'medical experiments for drug company research'.

Actually, I said that to the specialist head doctor of the unit and he (unofficially - he glanced left and right , miming secrecy) agreed with me .

Here for a good time - not a long time !
Top   #24
prudence  prudence is offline
Reader
 
Join Date: 31 Jan 2005
Location: between two ferns
Posts: 10,202
prudence 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenest View Post
Here for a good time - not a long time !
This would be perfect for the Spiritual Motto thread.
Top   #25

Richard's Avatar
Richard  Richard is offline
Le Mat
 
Join Date: 21 Dec 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 6,587
Richard 

Quote:
Originally Posted by closrapexa View Post
......Basically, it all boils down to this, that this life is nothing short of a flowering quantum shift of unlimited rebirth. Science tells us that the essence of nature is non-locality. The cosmos is beaming with morphogenic fields.
Yes, but.....

Stagnation is born in the gap where sharing has been excluded. Yes, it is possible to destroy the things that can confront us, but not without knowledge on our side. Only a lifeform of the totality may foster this current of life.
Top   #26
CelestialHorse's Avatar
CelestialHorse  CelestialHorse is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 05 Feb 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 1,657
CelestialHorse 

It's interesting how people is short, I feel it's long. I mean think about it, a year can go by kinda slow, I guess it depends on what's going on in someone's life maybe?

To me if I look at 5 years later, I don't think it will come by fast, it seems SO far far away. I don't know maybe I just go day by day I guess.

I remember reading a book about how YOU can control time and not let it control you. I have to disagree, time does control us all. We need to know what time it is to get up for work, or what time to be at an appointment of some sort, or catch a bus or something. Maybe I'm not thinking outside the box lol.
Top   #27
ravenest's Avatar
ravenest  ravenest is offline
ravenator
 
Join Date: 02 Feb 2006
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 13,835
ravenest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by closrapexa View Post
Which is why time is relative. In our perception, when we are enjoying ourselves it passes quickly, and when are bored it passes slowly. For a child, a year is an eternity because it represents a huge percentage of the child's life, but for an adult, a year isn't that long a time. Time itself once didn't exist, because there was nothing to show its passage, as there were no stars, no physical processes, nothing.

Although Cracked is a humor site, this article successfully demonstrates why immortality is awful for humans, and why we need death so much (basically, if we didn't die, we would go insane).

http://www.cracked.com/article_18708...han-death.html

Basically, it all boils down to this, that this life is nothing short of a flowering quantum shift of unlimited rebirth. Science tells us that the essence of nature is non-locality. The cosmos is beaming with morphogenic fields.
At what age does a child become aware of time ?

( This life is nothing short of an ennobling reintegration of pranic knowledge. )
Top   #28
Richard's Avatar
Richard  Richard is offline
Le Mat
 
Join Date: 21 Dec 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 6,587
Richard 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenest View Post
......( This life is nothing short of an ennobling reintegration of pranic knowledge. )
As you self-actualize, you will enter into infinite prana that transcends understanding.
Top   #29
Zephyros's Avatar
Zephyros  Zephyros is offline
Jedi
 
Join Date: 31 Jan 2004
Location: Israel
Posts: 8,179
Zephyros 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenest View Post
At what age does a child become aware of time ?
I don't know, but like CelestialHorse said, time seems to go faster the older we get, because our frame of reference changes. And it can change all the time. Once when I was on vacation in the Sinai Peninsula, I made a conscious decision to take of my watch and not look at it until I left. By the second day my mind had adapted to such basic things as sleeping and eating when I was tired or hungry, rather than at prescribed times, being able to contemplate for as long as I wished without being aware of the passage of time, etc. My concentration increased exponentially, and it was quite amazing (it's an amazing place altogether, everyone should go to a desert by the sea at least once in their lives).
Top   #30
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths



Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. About us.