A question about the Greenwood ??

lark

I don't have this deck, and I was looking at pictures of it online.
Could someone who knows and has the book tell me what these cards correspond to in a regular deck?

The Archer-
The Shaman-
The Storyteller-
The Ancestor-
Reflection-

Also is there anyplace online that has the book meanings?

SolSionnach

lark said:
I don't have this deck, and I was looking at pictures of it online.
Could someone who knows and has the book tell me what these cards correspond to in a regular deck?

The Archer-
The Shaman-
The Storyteller-
The Ancestor-
Reflection-

Also is there anyplace online that has the book meanings?

The Archer- the Chariot
The Shaman- the Magician
The Ancestor- the Hierophant
Reflection- related to the Hanged Man

as far as the Storyteller, ??? I don't see that in my deck.

For online meanings, try here: http://www.herebedragons.co.uk/chesca/cp/green.htm

That's the artist's online Greenwood Tarot handbook... :)

HTH!

oak_woman

Yes! The Archer corresponds to The Chariot (but it's number 3), The Shaman to The Magician (but it's number 19), The Ancestor to The Hierophant (but it's number 1) and Reflection is related to, but doesn't exactly correspond to, The Hanged Man. There isn't a Storyteller, as far as I can see! The different numbering is to make the Major Arcana fit with the Wheel of the Year structure of the deck.

Hope that helps!

lark

Thank you...so it's not really traditional and should probably be read intuitively or with her meanings....thank you for the site sravana...through it I forund that the Storyteller is on the backs of the cards..is that right?

oak_woman said:
The different numbering is to make the Major Arcana fit with the Wheel of the Year structure of the deck.
Oh so that's why the different numbering thank you. :)

WolfSpirit

Yes the drummer on the back of the cards (and the front of the book) is the storyteller.

lark

Thank you Wolfspirit.

I have all but despaired of ever finding this deck...but I keep sending the desire out into the universe...so I'll never say never.

I have decided to bite the bullet and with my rickety little printer I have printed off the deck for my personal use...I used this site.
http://greenwood-tarot.com/tarot2/display-gt-cards.html
The quality of the printing isn't very good, but at least I have a working model of the actual deck that I can play around with...and now the meanings.
Except for the Fool card....they don't that I can see, have it for print in the big size...or am I missing something?

lark

Double post ...sorry

WolfSpirit

No I don't think they do either. The only picture of the Fool I see is together with three other cards.
What size are your cards ? Would it help you if I would scan the Fool for you ? We have a pretty good scanner at work. But the cards don't have the little green border, they have a white border and the name at the bottom (I rather like the little green border actually)

lark

Thank you Wolfspirit you're a sweetie...I talked to my daughter and she says she can enlarge it in photo shop from the small size...I just need to wait until she gets home from China...I hope she doesn't marry a nice Chinese boy and decide to stay. :D

But if it doesn't work I may pm you for that scan.

Oh the ones on the site I'm using have no words on the cards and no border.
I figured since i have the book from her site I can figure what's what even if they have no titles on them...boy I sound desperate don't I. LOL