Pam C - Valuation help Please.

may1967

This afternoon I have taken delivery of a breathtaking deck of Pam C.
To say I have fallen in love is an understatement. This copy has had very little if any use, the paper binder is still around the cards, although it is obvious they have been looked through. The clarity if the colours is amazng, almost as if they had just been printed. There is the blue book (Key To The Tarot) with it in unread condition and the red box, which stained and a little worn but is whole and not torn. I had a Pam D a few years ago and it was not a patch on this version. Anyway, my other more sensible half, has reminded me that we need to add this to the household insurance just in case anything dreadful happens. So as I am ignorant to the true monetary value, is there anyone out there who can help me value it please?
I am still bubbling over with excitement and my tummy is full of butterflies.

The crowned one

What a wonderful deck to own. Insurance value will of course be much higher then resale. These decks seem to have such a wide range of value, but a mint one like yours should bring top dollar.

Hopefully someone here will let us know what that is.

may1967

Thank you for your kind words. It's awful when we have to be practical and put a monetary value on something. To me, the cards are priceless and really couldn't be replaced.

flicker

I dont know what the original Pamela C deck is the date or details of it. i would like to hear more about this it must have been a wonderful find.

re-pete-a

the "golden Dawn" me thinks is the name of the group that organized the printing around 1910, if its wrapped in plastic or celephane ,its most likely after 1962. wrapped in paper ,waxed , its likely to be the pre this date.If theres no print date on the book it too is around the sixties,if the cover of the book is in cloth,that makes it the 50's if the binding on the spine is glued cloth than its likely to be the 20's.....hope this helps somewhat, I'd also contact the printer of the book as to colour of the cover,my copy printed in 1982 is yellow,they may have records of print runs,especially presentation gift packs,when u get all that together contact 'sothbys' or whoever in england that deal in auctions of antiques,armed with print date, print run numbers(this may be on the box,underneath) they may be able to value them,get it in writing for the insurance Co,failing that ,I'd offer them for sale under tender,that way you can get an Idea of value,Remember that they're only worth what someone will pay to get them................

RiccardoLS

Pam C is the "original" deck.*
But, by far, not the rarest.

You may consider a value of about 1000 Euro.
As all "collectors" decks, the true selling/buying value may vary a lot (Let's say from 250 to 5000 Euro).

ric

*Note: I am aware most people consider the Pam-A the original.

The crowned one

RiccardoLS said:
Pam C is the "original" deck.*
But, by far, not the rarest.

You may consider a value of about 1000 Euro.
As all "collectors" decks, the true selling/buying value may vary a lot (Let's say from 250 to 5000 Euro).

ric

*Note: I am aware most people consider the Pam-A the original.

I was thinking 250-2000 in Canadian dollars, on average so it seems I am a bit low but I do not own one. I will adjust my appraisal when I do ;)

may1967

Thank you all for your kind help.
I kind of got sidetracked with life and forgot to check back for replies ..... sincere apologies.

May :O)

may1967

flicker said:
I dont know what the original Pamela C deck is the date or details of it. i would like to hear more about this it must have been a wonderful find.

http://home.comcast.net/~vilex/index.html

Try this link flicker, it explains far more and better than I ever could. The history is very interesting indeed. Also I put in a search "pam C" right here on AT and it produced some extremley enlightening results, well worth a read. I am very lucky and have a fair few "collectors decks" most of which do not live up to their hype sadly, but the Pam C, well it's something else entirely. It's truly like holding a piece of tarot history in your hand.

May :O)

re-pete-a

Thanks for that post ,very informative,