Reading Tarot For Yourself!

bluefairy

I just bought this book by mary k greer and was wondering who else has read this book?also i thought that maybe we can discuss the book,if we are having problems etc and even reviews on it.this way we can help eachother out.so far i like the book but i do get stuck on somethings,and then i have to go over it agian but that's o.k.Right now i am on the natal chart pages 39-41 and i am still stuck on it but i am determined to figure it out or at least get help on it..so jump right on in.

6 Haunted Days

This is a classic Tarot book, there are many threads on it, do a search and see what comes up! Many have read, used and loved this book for decades.

Mary Greer is a member here as well :)

rosebud_a320

I am also working my way through this book and I am in awe!
It really has helped me connect with my cards, I just cannot praise this book enough:)

bluefairy

i am still going through the book i am reach on page 58-59 and lets just say it makes me stop and think..lol but so far no complaints on the book..i've just got to finish it.it seems that i can't put in down but with 3 boys running around doesn't give me much time...:)

rosebud_a320

I think I'm on about page 53, I find myself deviating from the exercises and going off completly into my own ideas, I think it is not a bad thing though.
I also like to write down whatever I see in the card, I wrote 5 pages about what I saw in the Heirophant card yesterday and thought to myself 'Wow where did all that come from???' My creative side must be opening up.
I find it hard enough setting aside a quiet time in the day so I am in awe you manage to with 3 boys (I grew up 1 of 4 and my mother had to be military in her operation of getting us all organised in a morning, at mealtimes....)
It is lots of fun:)

planetmoon

It is a fantastic book, though it isn't one you just read, you have to be with that book and swim within its pages. I dip into it when I can, it contains a wealth of information about the links between Tarot and other disciplines so there is a lot to read too.

She is a great author, up there with Pollack cos she writes from the hip, aims for the head and touches my heart.

bluefairy

i seem to find my lost at times because i am not looking at the meanings of the cards but just writing down what i think it would be etc.so i am not even sure i am doing it right sometimes ,but i guess the further i get the more i will understand then i will look back and maybe laugh at the things i wrote...lol
and yes it is hard with 3 boys so i try to do as much as i can.i remeber the days i would read a book in one day now it can takes months...:)

Forensic

I've ordered this (as of last night, heh)... because, much as online sites and such help me, having a book to hold helps me learn... better somehow. But I've already learned so much, hopefully it can help more!

Open Arms

I dip in and out of this book..slowly working my way through it. I whipped through the first few chapters then realised, hang on..slow down... give yourself time to absorb and APPLY what you learn.

So after 8 months I am only up to chapter 5 BUT I have done all the exercises, the practices, journaling, thinking, drawing, note taking (thanks Umbrae!) all in pencil so I can go back. (Mind you I have skipped ahead a few times to check out certain things in particular but that's another story!!)

When you do this book, pick a deck and work with it and the book. Write in the book, scribble, let your mind go. Do what I did and get a loose leaf binder and some paper. Make notes on the cards you draw and file them in your folder.

Do the numerology bits as well... I found out a heap about why I get along so well with my parents..we three have the same Soul, Personality and Hidden teacher cards. Expand and go outside the boundaries of this book.

I chose to do this book with my Gilded cards....I have bonded so deeply with them...they are ALWAYS my first choice when reading and I have to force myself to use other cards so I can expand my learnings.

Light and love on your journeys...

rerrett

My girl just read me through the Empress meditation/journey last night. What a trip and treat!