Umbrae Easter Eggs

Sheri

In the computer software/hardware world an Easter Egg is a hidden feature or something that is part of the software. Sometimes it takes a certain combo of keystrokes to activate them - or they may be in hidden in some other way. Microsoft was famous for them.

There's an article in Wikipedia about them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egg_(media)

I hadn't thought of it before I read it, but there are also Easter Eggs in movies as the article states - like Hitchcock making cameos in all his movies.

Anyway, I digress...

Imagine my surprise when I turned to page 225 of the Bohemian Gothic Tarot companion book and found an article by That Dan Guy.

Then, there was that time a week or so ago as I was catching up on my Tarot Connection podcasts - for some reason my iTunes doesn't give any details on who is on the podcast anymore - they all say "The podcast exploring Tarot and everything related."

Imagine my surprise while listening to #68, "Skeptics and Spreads," I hear Leisa ReFalo talk about a new project she has been working on with someone... a new audio book, and she features an excerpt... and it's That Dan Guy... reading an excerpt from his OWN book :bugeyed:

That's all I've found... so far!

:love: valeria

Alissa

I'm psyched for the audio book... that Dan guy had told me about working with Leisa to put it together, and it should be a wonderful project! :D

firemaiden

An Umbrae Easter Egg Hunt! I hope we can find them all before... before... well, you know what I mean :D

I have JUST received my Boho Goth, and must say I really enjoyed Dan's essay at the end of the book - "Working with a Dark Deck". I am left with a reaaaaaaaally scaaaaaaary image... the "monster with the fur on the inside". :eek:

6 Haunted Days

valeria said:
I hadn't thought of it before I read it, but there are also Easter Eggs in movies as the article states - like Hitchcock making cameos in all his movies.

Anyway, I digress...

:love: valeria

My husband finds these in DVD's all the time, there a lot of fun!

I disagree on the easter egg thing, not sure why that would be one, but to each there own.

Interested in this.....book....will have to hear more.

(Wow, ok, I guess pointing out a mistake is argumentative. People need to realize this is all printed word and you can't see others facial expressions or tone. it certainly wasn't meant as argumentative).

Baroli

I wanna Easta Egg, I wanna Easta Egg, lol.

Soo,,, uh when is your e-book comin' out?

Enquiring minds want to know,...

Sheri

The name of his new audio book is:

"The Process - The Way of the Tarot Reader"

Could this be another egg? I also heard a rumor that he will be a guest on the "He Said, She Said" Internet radio show which will air live on Feb. 29th (this Friday). I think there is a thread for the radio show in Advertisements - I'll check on that!

MareSaturni

I wonder if it'd be possible to order his audio book, when it's released, from another country. This Dan guy...he keeps teaching me everytime i read something from him...his audiobook would be very welcome here :D

When i read the subject of this thread i imagined Umbrae giving away tarot easter eggs :D :D :D Lol! No limits for my imagination...

Umbrae

Baroli said:
Soo,,, uh when is your e-book comin' out?
No e-Book. Audio book, either in Audio CD or MP3. Not on vinyl or 8-Track.

Marina said:
I wonder if it'd be possible to order his audio book, when it's released, from another country.

We’re in discussions with The Tarot Garden regarding their carrying it. I also believe it will be available through Amazon…

That said, at this time it’s only available in English. There have been some discussions about having it translated into Gibberish.

Now then, if you'll all turn to page 225 of the Bohemian Gothic Tarot companion book for today's lesson…

MareSaturni

Umbrae said:
We’re in discussions with The Tarot Garden regarding their carrying it. I also believe it will be available through Amazon…

That said, at this time it’s only available in English. There have been some discussions about having it translated into Gibberish.

No problem, i think i'd understand it all just fine. Might take a bit longer than native speakers though. Too long without practicing my english hearing, unfortunately.

Umbrae said:
Now then, if you'll all turn to page 225 of the Bohemian Gothic Tarot companion book for today's lesson…

Damn, don't own the book/deck! Gotta find it now! :D

Umbrae

I have been wondering about the article that Dan wrote for the Bohemian Gothic Tarot companion book.

Any comments?