Paul Foster Case Guide to Tarot

planetmoon

What a book! Is there a thread about this book as it has just opened up the Tarot for me, beyond what I have heard so far.

mac22

planetmoon said:
What a book! Is there a thread about this book as it has just opened up the Tarot for me, beyond what I have heard so far.

His book was one of the first I read & used with the RWS deck. It's still a classic. I also bought and hand colored my BOTA deck [PFCs deck] to get in touch with the symbols & images of the Tarot.

Mac22

6 Haunted Days

That's great! I never got much out of it, the writing was so dry and there was no "magic" or flow to the writing. Same with Pictorial Key. but as these are classics one must give them a go!

mac22

6 Haunted Days said:
That's great! I never got much out of it, the writing was so dry and there was no "magic" or flow to the writing. Same with Pictorial Key. but as these are classics one must give them a go!

I find a good trick with dense packed books is to break them down in bite size pieces & then ruminating on just that piece a few days before you go back for a 2nd bite...

Your mileage may vary.:)

Mac22

The crowned one

If you are talking about "The Tarot: A Key to the Wisdom of the Ages" 1947, by Case..I ate this book up! I read it two times in a row (that is rare for me as my retention is good but I just was riveted by it...it resonated with me.)

I have read many books on tarot and only 2 come close: "Seventy-eight degrees of wisdom" and in a much lighter vain "tarot tells the tale" I have read other good books but nothing has come close to these three books.

Waite's book is good if you are cold...lots of hot air to warm you up ;) and surprisingly a few mistakes in describing his own cards. Plus too many hints at this or that, without actual opinions... reminds me of "I could tell you but then I would have to kill you" sort of stuff, not that he did not know his topic, just that he did not share it in "the pictorial guide to the tarot"

Paul Foster Case is most definitely worth getting to know in my opinion.

Abrac

I've got a version that has color pictures of the majors. It sure makes the coloring process go a lot easier. I had given up, but with this book I have now started coloring again and am a lot happier with the results. I started reading but didn't get far. It is certainly better than Waite though. But then most are. :D

Verdi

I've tried finding this book on Amazon, no luck. Anybody know where i can get it?
Verdi

mac22

Verdi said:
I've tried finding this book on Amazon, no luck. Anybody know where i can get it?
Verdi

_Thursday Night Tarot_ shows up on the used market....

mac22