Reviving the One Deck Wonder

MareSaturni

I'll wait until my 1JJ arrives. If it does before the ISD begins, i might participate. I'll also save money for the IIT, as Umbrae suggested me, to see if i can buy it some day in the future. He said these two decks are good for this kind of exercise and i trust his opinion.

If the 1JJ Swiss isn't here in time, i might use my Marseilles or the Tarot of the Witches. Not sure yet.

MariposAzl

Sorry all.
The thread with the rules have been deleted. I will not be able to continue along.
Best wishes to those of you who continue on this journey :D

rwcarter

OK. I found the new thread before you removed the rules from it. There's one major typo though that should be corrected when reposting the rules:
MariposAzl said:
5. Commit to Journaling - (snip) On [size=+2]June 22nd[/size] a thread in the "Your Readings" forum titled "IDS 2008: Daily Draw" will be opened for those who will be posting individual daily draws for discussion (a link will be added here on the 22nd as well as more info on the does and dont's for that thread).

Shouldn't that be March 22nd since the IDS ends on June 22nd?

Rodney

WolfSpirit

I did not see the rules in the thread that got deleted.
But I think they are added to the first post of this thread ? Those rules are good for me.
autumnsdaughter said:
Even if you don't actually practice that day, as long as you have physical contact, it helps you to develop your relationship with that instrument. Now I see that this translates to tarot as well.
Yes I will look at the deck every (or *almost* every day), but I don't think I will journal about it every day or post readings.

thorhammer

Raya said:
I mulled this one over, I wanted to join and then didn't and then did and then tried to figure out what deck I would devote my time to... when I realized that ever since I started my stone set (lithomancy), I've wanted to really get into it, but didn't, cuz it's hard. I used my RW based decks because they're safer, I know them, right? But if I really want to learn my stone set, and I do, I need to devote time to them.
Raya, I'm sorry! I just saw this post! Your "Stuff-Set" :D sounds lovely, and intriguing. Did you collect all the "stuff" yourself? Is that the basis of the divinatory meanings you ascribe to the items?

You do ask a tricky question indeed. Thinking about it, I am torn, because it is a Deck study, but in all honesty I would feel awful if you felt that you couldn't make use of the support group and atmosphere of this kind of thing for your own study. I, for one, am comfortable with you joining in. What about everyone else?

\m/ Kat

autumnsdaughter

The more the merrier.

Your lithomancy bag sounds wonderful! I can't wait to hear about your adventures!

Madame Squee

thorhammer said:
Well said. And reading material that extends and draws upon a deck's theme or approach but isn't necessarily Tarot-related - I think that this should be deemed a part of the study, as well.WolfSpirit, you have it. For me, it's not about the other deck threads, but more about the mere fact of distraction. This is something else I was thinking about with reference to this exercise. I will be trying to spend less time on AT, at least while this study continues. I know that sounds backwards, but, simply put, I get on here and achieve nothing at all for hours on end. So I'll be limiting my access here, too.

\m/ Kat
THANK you! I think that's how I missed the inception of your thread, Kat - I've been trying to limit my access to AT, because I, too, "get on here and achieve nothing at all for hours on end." :p It will be great to have an objective, a course of action, AND a support network. Even though I'm not going to pick the IIT, I believe this kind of commitment and study will go a long way towards increasing my competency and self-confidence as a reader. :thumbsup:

thorhammer

It's nice to have you, cronesayer :). As I understand it, most people who are joining in are choosing any deck in their collection that grabs them - lots of Thoths here, I think. Do you have a deck that you think would benefit from long-term study?

\m/ Kat

thorhammer

Skimo said:
As you Thorhammer, I am considering letting my faeries in rest until the end of the IDS...
It won't be easy, but in fact, they are always around us, wheter we use the deck or not...
You're so right, Skimo :). I guess I'll just miss the crutch of having the deck and book to help me - and all those pretty pictures! But I don't have to put them aside just yet . . . ;)

\m/ Kat