Reviving the One Deck Wonder

rwcarter

sravana said:
::grumble::
Nevermind. I'll just go eat some chocolate.

::grumble::
Hopefully it was good, rich, luscious and decadent chocolate. That's what you deserve for resisting temptation like that. ;)

Rodney

thorhammer

bleuivy said:
Looking back, it was actually a pretty fun exercise, and I'm glad I did my "Deck Cravings" page. I think I might just do it again.
What a brilliant idea! I might *steal* it for my own journal, if you don't mind . . .

I'm going to put all my decks in a chest of drawers I just got with some dried scented geranium leaves so they smell all pretty when I get them out again! :D

I'm really supposed to be at work, so I'll shut up now :D

\m/ Kat

Promise

Is it too late for me to play with you guys?

I was rather on the fence about doing a ODW until now, because I didn't feel that I had a deck that "clicked" with me enough to make me really WANT to commit to it completely. But after only a few hours with it, I feel that my Noblet would be perfect.

I hate to miss play-time. I hope I haven't!

thorhammer

Of course! I am interested in that deck - but it's a long way away for me :) I've got a lot to do before then.

I'm starting to think that this thread is better at de-enabling than the de-enabling thread! })

\m/ Kat

bleuivy

thorhammer said:
What a brilliant idea! I might *steal* it for my own journal, if you don't mind . . .

Go right ahead! :D What's really fun is to go back and look at that list now, two years later. Some of the decks on it are old favorites now. There are others, however, that I traded away so long ago that I didn't really remember that I owned them other than this vague memory that I did.

SolSionnach

rwcarter said:
Hopefully it was good, rich, luscious and decadent chocolate. That's what you deserve for resisting temptation like that. ;)

Rodney

Well, it wasn't particularly decadent, but it was chocolate.
I'm having a HECK OF A TIME getting used to the daylight savings time change. It was time for bed an hour ago, and I'm not sleepy even yet!

Spring forward. HA. More like stumble forward.

Oh, to be on-topic: a deck cravings page sounds just ducky! Will do!

Sinduction

Picked my deck! I will be using the Tarot Art Nouveau. I just got it today and based on the new deck spread I did, this looks to be a very promising relationship. I posted it here if you wanna peek at it.

When are we starting? I'm ready now...

Alamaris

Sinduction said:
Picked my deck! I will be using the Tarot Art Nouveau. I just got it today and based on the new deck spread I did, this looks to be a very promising relationship. I posted it here if you wanna peek at it.

When are we starting? I'm ready now...
I hear a lot of people are starting anywhere from now, to between March 19th - 22nd or so. I'm starting on the 19th, myself, and I believe thorhammer is too.

WolfSpirit

sravana said:
I went ahead and started with Ironwing - and the funniest thing happened today. I wanted to do a reading (don't remember on what), and because I don't know the IW very well at all, I wanted to use another deck! ROFL.

I didn't. (and I didn't with IW, either! I let to opportunity pass).

ETA: I didn't think that I would want to open up another deck so soon. Something tells me this is going to be harder than I thought!

I think you are brave to throw yourself in at the deep end with a deck you don't know well at all !
I am using the Steele Wizard because it is and easy deck to use and I like to use it for readings as well (even if only for myself) and I am doing the IDS to find out how much more it has to tell me if I shut out the "background noise" of my other decks.
I was also tempted to use the Celtic tarot by Laura Tuan which is gorgeous and will require a lot of study, but it would drive me nuts not having an easily readable deck at my disposal :laugh: I am allowing myself to look at the Celtic before I start properly (on the 19th). It is such a pretty deck.

I will try to stick to the Steele Wizard and not look at other decks. Maybe I will need a tarot peep show but that will make me feel guilty afterwards :laugh:
I will try to be an :angel: and not fall into temptation, hehe.

Open Arms

Ok..I'm in...

I am going to do an oracle deck - the Madam Endora...still getting a grip with her....

and as for a tarot deck....The Gilded is the one which always leaps to my hands, but I think I might take a stab with the Victorian Romantic Gold...I love this deck and it really talks to me...but I KNOW that I am missing something.....there is more there which I haven't been seeing....

So I am going to start on the 19th of March....

Better go get a spiral book...