Reviving the One Deck Wonder

thorhammer

Welcome, Open Arms, fellow Australian :D! So nice to have you :).

This has become a huge gathering, people! I'm so excited that there are so many of us who want to share and support one another. I was reading through my WoC book today, gazing at the cards and some incredible thoughts came to me. It's really affecting me, this deck, let me tell you. Guilting me out, to say the least. But that's a good thing. I needed a bit of shaking up.

I'm winding up to starting a specific "IDS Support Thread' or some such, since we're only a week out of the semi-official start date of the 19th of March. Just so I know, though, can anyone I've left off here, or included by mistake, or got the decks wrong, or not got any deck at all, please let me know at your leisure that it's wrong and I'll edit accordingly. This is the "roll-call" so far IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER :D:

Yurikome - ........Gothic Tarot of the Vampires
rwcarter - .........Ancient Egyptian
thorhammer - .....Wheel of Change
Skimo - .............Halloween
cronesayer - ......Druidcraft (9 months)
lilith_in_tree - .....Victorian Romantic
Open Arms - .......Victorian Romantic/Madame Endora
Emily - ..............Liber T
PeterS - ............Liber T
Scion - .............Liber T (inc. Thoth side dish and book writing :D)
Gazel - ..............Universal Waite
Azarial - ............Universal Waite
Alamaris - .........Universal Waite/Hadar Marseille
Oddity - ............Rider-Waite
Maxwell - ..........Rider-Waite
kisou - ..............Amano
Star-Willow - .....Thoth
afrosaxon - ........New Orleans Voodoo Tarot
Faolainn Storm - .Tarot of Dreams
Sinduction - .......Tarot Art Nouveau
Le Fanu - ...........Jaques Vieville
Raya - ..............Stuff Set :D
WolfSpirit - ........Steele Wizard
Astraea Aurora - .Bohemian Gothic
Promise - ..........Jean Noblet
Nina* - .............Blue Rose
fluffy - ..............Secret Forest/Green Man Tree Oracle
bleuivy - ...........
sravana - ..........

So, please don't be offended by the list and its order, and if there's anything I can do to fix it or make it more effective, please let me know. I'll probably start the thread tomorrow or so, when I have time. It's 7.17 here already, and I haven't even made dinner yet.

*sigh*

Toast it is :(

\m/ Kat

Nina*

:D

Hi Kat... thank you for doing this. I think I've made up my mind; I'll be using the Blue Rose. I think. Yes. Or.. no. YES. Blue Rose.

thorhammer

Oooh, I don't know that one . . . hang on, hang on . . . there it is! Ooooh, photocollage, eh? Interesting choice! It looks very . . . photo-Rohrig? Lots to work with - noice, Kimmy, noice :D! Sorry, obscure Australian TV quote . . .
thorhammer said:
I'm starting to think that this thread is better at de-enabling than the de-enabling thread! })
Did I say that???? :D

\m/ Kat

bleuivy

Wow - That's a ton of people! Yay!

I'm 90% certain that I'll be using the Wheel of Change. If not now, when? That's what I keep asking myself. And its just such a lovely, deep, meaningful, personal deck.

But I've just ordered the Shining Tribe, which looks like I'll either love it the moment I get my hands on it, or...not. Or perhaps my other "new to me" deck, the Hallowquest.

I've decided not to stress out over this decision. I'm going camping this weekend, and when I get back, I'll start with whichever deck feels right.

thorhammer

bleuivy said:
I've decided not to stress out over this decision. I'm going camping this weekend, and when I get back, I'll start with whichever deck feels right.
That's it. My deck chose me. It led me by the nostrils to this juncture, really . . . so there was no issue or agonising for me. I could do this with about five of my other decks *thinks . . .*, no, more like seven or eight :D, but there was no competition. Still isn't. It'll come to you.

By the way, the Shining Tribe (or Shining Woman, as I knew it) is wonderful. Really. I know I'm enabling, but it opens whole worlds up to you, despite the primitive artistic style. It's stark and Spartan and austere, it's challenging and has teeth and claws, it's a cold rocky bed when you're tired, but it's wonderful. It changed my life.

But you should still choose the WoC! :D})

\m/ Kat

bleuivy

thorhammer said:
By the way, the Shining Tribe (or Shining Woman, as I knew it) is wonderful. Really. I know I'm enabling, but it opens whole worlds up to you, despite the primitive artistic style. It's stark and Spartan and austere, it's challenging and has teeth and claws, it's a cold rocky bed when you're tired, but it's wonderful. It changed my life.
Its okay to enable the deck now. I've already ordered it. :laugh: Between the Wheel of Change and the Shining Tribe, I really can't decide which deck to use until I get the Shining Tribe in my hands, feel it out. Trim the borders off, which I do pretty much to all the decks I use and use often...except the Wheel of Change. I actually like the WoC's borders. Go figure!

But you should still choose the WoC! :D})
:laugh:})

thorhammer

bleuivy said:
I actually like the WoC's borders. Go figure!
I wouldn't go so far as to say I like them . . . but they're not bad. The colours annoy me. I can damn well identify what suit's what, dammit! And my cards are different sizes, which correspond somewhat to the different suits, which also annoys me. But I just don't think I could effectively trim it. Plus I just finished doing my Pearls of Wisdom and couldn't bear another trimming project for a while now. That was a major.

Anyway, I ramble. As usual.

\m/ Kat

lilith_in_tree

wow, that is a big list of people! Very exciting.
And bleuivy, definitely don't stress yourself about which deck--I think when you've got the Shining Tribe in your hands and look at the two together, it will be clear to you which one to go with. They both look like decks that have a lot to offer, that's for sure.
I had an interesting thing happen yesterday as I was idly shuffling (which I've been doing a lot, this deck is so pleasant to shuffle)--it chucked the Ace of Swords, High Priestess and Death reversed at me. Going to have to journal about that, it seems right in line with things at the moment--this deck is a talker for sure :D

kisou

:X I was forgotten from the list xD!

I'm going to be using the Amano Tarot~